The I Hate Pierre Mcguire Thread

JakeDev

Eh, look at who he works for and with. I wouldn't be shocked if he felt he had to toe the company line during games even if it wasn't what he himself wants to say.

It does sound as if he had some Chico-like moments during the game, maybe I was better off not watching the first two periods lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Along with nearly everyone else here, I find McGuire hard to listen to quite often. However -- excepting for the true Flyers haters -- I think most everyone across the country wants a Flyers-Rangers Conference Final and probably assumes it's a highly likely to happen. So it makes sense to me that the focus in this series mostly will be on Philly -- until the Devils show the country they have what it takes to beat them. Last night was a great start.

Guys, when he's doing NBC games, Comcast is paying his paycheck. Comcast owns the Flyers. He wants the paycheck, he's a company man.

It's just like the '03 finals when Steve Levy had Wild Wing's long duck dong halfway down his throat. ESPN, owned by Disney, which owned the Ducks at the time...

It's not a coincidence.

I forgot about olczyk but McGuire as an assistant GM barely counts as a lot of times it's a ceremonial job.

He was never assistant GM with the Penguins, he was an assistant COACH, which wasn't likely a ceremonial position.

I hate him as much as the next guy, but I have to give him credit where its due.

The thing I hate most is how he makes up his own vocabulary for things that the rest of the hockey world already has generally accepted terms. He does it to make himself look smart, but it just makes him seem pompous. I can't believe any players had respect for him as a coach talking like that.

My favourite Pierre Mcguire moment was the gheyest thing anyone has ever said as a hockey announcer. I can't remember what player it was, but it was a Canadian in the World Junior Tournament. He said a player was an S and M type player because he was willing to go to the net and take his punishment. I almost couldn't believe my ears, and I think it betrays his true feelings about the players he admires. He wouldn't be dishing it out though, Pierre is clearly a bottom.

He was never assistant GM with the Penguins, he was an assistant COACH, which wasn't likely a ceremonial position.

I hate him as much as the next guy, but I have to give him credit where its due.

The thing I hate most is how he makes up his own vocabulary for things that the rest of the hockey world already has generally accepted terms. He does it to make himself look smart, but it just makes him seem pompous. I can't believe any players had respect for him as a coach talking like that.

My favourite Pierre Mcguire moment was the gheyest thing anyone has ever said as a hockey announcer. I can't remember what player it was, but it was a Canadian in the World Junior Tournament. He said a player was an S and M type player because he was willing to go to the net and take his punishment. I almost couldn't believe my ears, and I think it betrays his true feelings about the players he admires. He wouldn't be dishing it out though, Pierre is clearly a bottom.

Holy sh!t, that's pretty fvcking weird. Last night he called Bryzgalov 'exquisite'. That's right up there in weirdness.

? cant really hear what he say's, all I hear is the crowd noise, unless you mean the "woop" ??

Pierre ruined the call and the moment. Look at the context of the game. Monumental game-tying goal, climactic 'Can you believe it?' ....to which Pierre immediately replies "I can, blah blah blah'

Is anyone watching the Rangers-Capitals game right now? There were actually a few arguments early on between Doc/the other guy and Pierre. You could tell they can't stand the guy. Within the first 8 minutes, they disagreed 2-3 times on something that happened and for the first time, Doc and the other guy called him out on it. You could tell Doc was rolling his eyes while talking..

He was at it again last night. He called Patty's goal a "bad goal." It was a perfect screen shot and he called it weak. Meahwhile, the Flyers first goal, an obviously weak goal was a sensational shot. What an ass!!

• Like 1

He was at it again last night. He called Patty's goal a "bad goal." It was a perfect screen shot and he called it weak. Meahwhile, the Flyers first goal, an obviously weak goal was a sensational shot. What an ass!!

He's terrible, why the hell do we have "inside the glass" anyway. "Oh look ho close I am!" it's ridiculous, I can't believe people enjoy listening to him.

pierre mcquire has sucked this series, but patty's goal was a weak goal. there was no screen and the puck hit bryzgalov's blocker and went in.

He's terrible, why the hell do we have "inside the glass" anyway. "Oh look ho close I am!" it's ridiculous, I can't believe people enjoy listening to him.

I can't stand it either. It's the same as having some random person on the sideline during football games to tell us something obvious, like when a player gets carted off the field with his leg bent backwards and they cut to some lady or Tony Siragusa on the sideline 10 minutes later saying they think he may not return this quarter. Oh really?? Thanks!

He kind of soured poni's OT goal as well, I don't know if anyone else heard it. Something to the effect of..

'that's an ugly goal, in a warm arena, on bad ice'

I don't think I have it exactly right..but you guys get the point. fvck off pierre

Edit: I just listened to the call again, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

fvck pierre regardless :whistling:

Edited by Devilsfan118

He kind of soured poni's OT goal as well, I don't know if anyone else heard it. Something to the effect of..

I don't think I have it exactly right..but you guys get the point. fvck off pierre

Edit: I just listened to the call again, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

Yeah thats about what he said......anything to piss on our parade basically

and yeah F him

This is fantastic and just shows how perception of an announcer can not only take things they say the wrong way but also make stuff up. By the way this was Pierre McGuire's quote:

"Then a skillful play by Ponikarovsky. Not an easy thing to do in a warm building on bad ice in overtime on your backhand."

And he was right. The ice was awful and it was a heck of a play by Pony to hammer home a quick rebound that is bouncing on his backhand.