Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INLOUWETRUST

Bryzgalov voted No 1 star . Really ?

22 posts in this topic

You just can't make this up. Check out the recap on NHL.com , Bryzgalov wat voted No 1 star for game 2. Did they leave after 2 periods ?

Meh. Doesn't really bother me, it's just the Philly media being the Philly media, I'm sure.

lol that's just as bad as Jared Boll getting the first star for having a puck hit him and go in for the tying goal. Losing goalies don't get the first star when they allow 3+ unless MAYBE they have to face 40+ shots. If that's the case then Marty should have gotten a star for his performance on Retro Night against the Pens, when it was a shooting gallery and should have been 10-2 or 11-2 instead of 5-2.

He can get first star every game in this series for all I care as long as we win all of those games. F Philthy!

Haha fvck bryzgalov I'll take this win no matter who gets the star

The more Flyers hype, the better, as far as I'm concerned. This one is quite funny though. Maybe if the game were only two periods.

not like stars matter in Playoffs but, seriously, still gets the #1 after letting up 3 goals...amazing

Philly media: "FVCK LOGIC!"

lol, bryz did play ok, maybe he was seeing stars.

sal's goal had intent and purpose.

I dont mind. It should've been 10-1. He was great.

I dont mind. It should've been 10-1. He was great.

This. He played well. That said, I'd rather they won.

As a person, I like Bryz. He's a true oddball, which I always admire. But no one on Philly should have gotten a star for that game, that's a joke. He kept them in it until he stopped - how does that get you a star? Anyway, onward we go!

As a person, I like Bryz. He's a true oddball, which I always admire. But no one on Philly should have gotten a star for that game, that's a joke. He kept them in it until he stopped - how does that get you a star? Anyway, onward we go!

Oddball eh? You're being kind. I agree with the rest though.

Oddball eh? You're being kind. I agree with the rest though.

Wack job maybe? LOL But seriously, it's tough to hate the guy when he's so odd and so straightforward. I liked this bit from csnphilly today

"When asked what he would have done if he hadn’t become a professional hockey goalie, Bryzgalov didn’t hesitate. “Astronaut,” he said quickly. The media pack sort of blinked back at him. No one was sure whether he was kidding. He wasn’t.

“No, seriously,” he added.

At which point Bryzgalov began a long dissertation about the American space program versus the Soviet/Russian space program and which was superior. He noted that the first two animals in space were Russian dogs, which led to a strange exchange between Bryzgalov and a reporter about who had lost more monkeys in space -- the Americans or the Soviets/Russians. Bryzgalov conceded that too many monkeys had lost their lives in that vocation. “The problem with monkeys,” Bryzgalov quipped, “they push the wrong buttons.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Bryzgalov-too-many-monkeys-lost-in-space?blockID=700944&feedID=695

Holy crap this guy is hilarious. It's tough for me to really hate him.

Yeah he's probably the only philly player I don't hate. The guy is just too random and funny.

Wack job maybe? LOL But seriously, it's tough to hate the guy when he's so odd and so straightforward. I liked this bit from csnphilly today

"When asked what he would have done if he hadn’t become a professional hockey goalie, Bryzgalov didn’t hesitate. “Astronaut,” he said quickly. The media pack sort of blinked back at him. No one was sure whether he was kidding. He wasn’t.

“No, seriously,” he added.

At which point Bryzgalov began a long dissertation about the American space program versus the Soviet/Russian space program and which was superior. He noted that the first two animals in space were Russian dogs, which led to a strange exchange between Bryzgalov and a reporter about who had lost more monkeys in space -- the Americans or the Soviets/Russians. Bryzgalov conceded that too many monkeys had lost their lives in that vocation. “The problem with monkeys,” Bryzgalov quipped, “they push the wrong buttons.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Bryzgalov-too-many-monkeys-lost-in-space?blockID=700944&feedID=695

Lmfao. This sounds like an Onion article.

marty almost tended a shut out...

the goal against was tricky by read...

we had a few good chances in the 1st too.

Edited by lazer

The thing about Bryzgalov...even when he is supposedly "on", he still looks very stiff, unsure, and sloppy in net. Not sure where the pucks is...hits him anyway, late kicking the pad out...puck hits it anyway. He's just sort of awkward and clunky.