Bryzgalov voted No 1 star . Really ?

INLOUWETRUST

lol that's just as bad as Jared Boll getting the first star for having a puck hit him and go in for the tying goal. Losing goalies don't get the first star when they allow 3+ unless MAYBE they have to face 40+ shots. If that's the case then Marty should have gotten a star for his performance on Retro Night against the Pens, when it was a shooting gallery and should have been 10-2 or 11-2 instead of 5-2.

As a person, I like Bryz. He's a true oddball, which I always admire. But no one on Philly should have gotten a star for that game, that's a joke. He kept them in it until he stopped - how does that get you a star? Anyway, onward we go!

As a person, I like Bryz. He's a true oddball, which I always admire. But no one on Philly should have gotten a star for that game, that's a joke. He kept them in it until he stopped - how does that get you a star? Anyway, onward we go!

Oddball eh? You're being kind. I agree with the rest though.

Oddball eh? You're being kind. I agree with the rest though.

Wack job maybe? LOL But seriously, it's tough to hate the guy when he's so odd and so straightforward. I liked this bit from csnphilly today

"When asked what he would have done if he hadn’t become a professional hockey goalie, Bryzgalov didn’t hesitate. “Astronaut,” he said quickly. The media pack sort of blinked back at him. No one was sure whether he was kidding. He wasn’t.

“No, seriously,” he added.

At which point Bryzgalov began a long dissertation about the American space program versus the Soviet/Russian space program and which was superior. He noted that the first two animals in space were Russian dogs, which led to a strange exchange between Bryzgalov and a reporter about who had lost more monkeys in space -- the Americans or the Soviets/Russians. Bryzgalov conceded that too many monkeys had lost their lives in that vocation. “The problem with monkeys,” Bryzgalov quipped, “they push the wrong buttons.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Bryzgalov-too-many-monkeys-lost-in-space?blockID=700944&feedID=695

Wack job maybe? LOL But seriously, it's tough to hate the guy when he's so odd and so straightforward. I liked this bit from csnphilly today

"When asked what he would have done if he hadn’t become a professional hockey goalie, Bryzgalov didn’t hesitate. “Astronaut,” he said quickly. The media pack sort of blinked back at him. No one was sure whether he was kidding. He wasn’t.

“No, seriously,” he added.

At which point Bryzgalov began a long dissertation about the American space program versus the Soviet/Russian space program and which was superior. He noted that the first two animals in space were Russian dogs, which led to a strange exchange between Bryzgalov and a reporter about who had lost more monkeys in space -- the Americans or the Soviets/Russians. Bryzgalov conceded that too many monkeys had lost their lives in that vocation. “The problem with monkeys,” Bryzgalov quipped, “they push the wrong buttons.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Bryzgalov-too-many-monkeys-lost-in-space?blockID=700944&feedID=695

Lmfao. This sounds like an Onion article.

The thing about Bryzgalov...even when he is supposedly "on", he still looks very stiff, unsure, and sloppy in net. Not sure where the pucks is...hits him anyway, late kicking the pad out...puck hits it anyway. He's just sort of awkward and clunky.