RunninWithTheDevil

GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 5 NJ @ PHI - 5/8/12

407 posts in this topic

They're doing just as good a job of getting pressure as usual, but they just don't look as sharp thus far. Have to put more of those chances on net.

I am really liking the discipline and mentality of don't get mad, get even. We are getting even by not giving into their gooning and just need to score to seal the deal.

one thing that never gets old, is watching Gionta level people.

Letting them hang around - bad idea

The Flyers are taking dumb penalties and gooning it up, but Pierre's super impressed. "They're playing with pride! All heart!"

This has been the Devils' worst game this series.

No way, game 1 was way worse. We are dominating this game but like the previous 3 games we aren't finishing out chances.

If the Flyers can't win, they're gonna make sure we're injured. This is bad, I hope we can keep it under control. The refs need to keep their eyes open, this is going to escalate.

This series needs to end in the next twenty minutes...there's been at least five times in the last three periods I wasn't sure someone was getting up from a Flyer cheap shot.

No way, game 1 was way worse. We are dominating this game but like the previous 3 games we aren't finishing out chances.

The second period was far from dominant...but we made more mistakes than they made good plays in the period, and at least have gotten away with it so far.

These Flyer fans are a special kind of stupid.

Someone needs to send a painful message to Rinaldo.

Hopefully the Devils add an insurance goal and grab the win with no injuries. I'm tired of having to watch a$$holes like Rinaldo and Simmonds.

These Flyer fans are a special kind of stupid.

Someone needs to send a painful message to Rinaldo.

And that message is "your vacation starts tonight". We don't need to respond or retaliate and we are due for a bad call against us.

I don't like the feel of this 3rd coming up.

They've had plenty of opportunities to lay them out - but zero finish so far.

PHI is going to throw everything including the kitchen sink this period - with zero fear of being on the PK the way our PP is looking.

Hoping for the best....

Stupid doesn't do them justice. Booing injured players when they get up is the lowest form of class imaginable.

11:20am

1 person likes this

I don't like the feel of this 3rd coming up.

They've had plenty of opportunities to lay them out - but zero finish so far.

PHI is going to throw everything including the kitchen sink this period - with zero fear of being on the PK the way our PP is looking.

Hoping for the best....

We had plenty of opportunities the first two periods of Game 2 and couldn't finish, we had plenty of opportunities in the first 37 minutes of Game 4 and couldn't finish. This team doesn't let it demoralize them...we just need to play smart. Your last sentence is correct, they are going to have no fear of gooning it up because our PP has been dreadful, but we just need to win twenty minutes.

Terrible PPs. Somebody has to step up and put the nail in the coffin. And this time don't you dare sit back.

What a messed post. Worked sucked, came home, drinking and drunk watching Devils hockey!!!

Not even middays!!!!

1 person likes this

Philadelphia: Where the slope-browed and knuckle-dragging are encouraged to breed and given Flyers season tickets.