Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevilinLA

Zidlicky Injured?

87 posts in this topic

I really don't think it's a concussion considering how easily he was able to skate off. I think it's a wrist injury, it looks like he takes a bit of a slash before the hit.

Judging from the replays posted I don't think its a concussion. Many of you are speculating "wrist," however, notice how he skates off the ice pretty quickly not "cradling" one arm with the other. If he broke an arm or wrist, do you think he would be able to independently move his arms to skate off the ice without supporting it with another arm.

This is tricky.

Judging from the replays posted I don't think its a concussion. Many of you are speculating "wrist," however, notice how he skates off the ice pretty quickly not "cradling" one arm with the other. If he broke an arm or wrist, do you think he would be able to independently move his arms to skate off the ice without supporting it with another arm.

This is tricky.

Or that he'd be able to play four shifts afterwards.

if it was a break of any kind, he would have at least some sort of grimacing pain expression.

and if it was a concussion i dont think he would've skated off as smoothly as he did.

idk, i guess we just gotta play the waiting game with this one

This is tricky.

Yes, I broke my elbow playing basketball before and it took 30 more minutes of playing to realize something was majorly wrong instead of just a little sore. Between endorphin's and adrenaline, especially for these guys in the playoffs, injuries are not going to be felt immediately.

Hoping for the best.

I think its his right shoulder. It looks like it went into the boards hard at a weird angle. It would make the most sense with how he looked during / after, and why he was able to keep going for a few more shifts.

Lou stating Zidlicky is "day to day". If he can be believed, that's good news. Hopefully will only miss 1 game, if any.

Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice

Lou Lamoriello says Marek Zidlicky is "day to day." Would not say what the nature of Zidlicky's injury is. Not even upper or lower body.

Edited by Amberite

Lou stating Zidlicky is "day to day". If he can be believed, that's good news. Hopefully will only miss 1 game, if any.

I should use that excuse at work

Well it looks like you'll see harrold on saturday or sunday.

Maybe they can work the same magic they worked with Kovy.

Lou wouldn't commit to him playing Game 1 - that's still bad news. I don't have much hope that he'll be 100% even if he does play.

Lou wouldn't commit to him playing Game 1 - that's still bad news. I don't have much hope that he'll be 100% even if he does play.

That's why I think he'll miss game 1. I don't think Lou is lying when he says day-to-day, but I think he knows it will probably sideline him at least for the first game.

One cheap shot after the next. Someone was eventually going to get hurt. I am truly surprised Zubs is still able to skate. That guy took more cheap shots than anyone on the ice. Let's Go Devils!!!!

Last person that was "day-to-day" was Zajac and Tallinder, and you know where that ended up...this is NOT good news.

I thought Kovalchuk was also day-to-day. That one ended up not being so bad.

Last person that was "day-to-day" was Zajac and Tallinder, and you know where that ended up...this is NOT good news.

Tallinder was day to day for like 2 hours. It was revealed he wouldn't play that night, then they announced he was out for several weeks.

Zajac was also never really day to day. In addition, lots of guys who were announced as day to day actually were - like Ryan Carter, Anton Volchenkov, Alexei Ponikarovsky, etc.

Is it bad that I have entirely forgotten Tallinder was on the team?

Poor guy.

Can't trust what Lou says. I know it is playoff time and no team speaks about injuries but Lou is the worst re: communications.

Is Tallinder still alive ?

how's his blood clot?...it must be getting better?

Edited by hargsy

Well Tallinder is skating on his own...guess that's a plus

Anyway, I think I'd be more worried if the Zidlicky thing was lower body. That would be tougher to manage.