Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stolen

Timonen VS Bryzgalov

44 members have voted

1. 1. Fault Lies On...

• Bryzgalov
    • Timonen

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

Both their faults but we'd expect Marty to make that play.

Sorry Bryz, but that really could have been avoided. Coburn (I think) was right there with no one around. Looks like Bryzgalov panicked.

I dunno, I think Marty woulda covered it. Tonight at least lol Or cleared it to the right. But cover it most likely lol

Sorry Bryz, but that really could have been avoided. Coburn (I think) was right there with no one around. Looks like Bryzgalov panicked.

Yeah, Coburn

Edited by Stolen

the only way that's Timonen's fault is if Bryzgalov didn't have time or options there. He had both and instead tried to make the dumbest play possible while both of his defensemen were still open and there was enough time to cover the puck

I dunno, I think Marty woulda covered it.

i thoughts the same thing...if he wasnt sure about it why didnt he just drop

marty envy

Timonen deserves a little bit of blame for not realizing that Bryzgalov is clueless with handling the puck but at the same time, Bryzgalov had plenty of time to make a play and basically panicked and threw it right into Clarkson. So if I have to pick one it was more Bryzgalov's fault. Clarkson deserves some credit for putting on the pressure too, of course.

I contemplated for about 3 minutes whether or not I should add Clarkson to the poll lol But then he woulda gotten all the votes and I wouldn't have got a real opinion on the actual issue haha

Clarkson. Why isn't he getting any credit here?

Agreed. Instantly I thought he was going to get over looked for going to the net and putting pressure on Bryz. A scrappy play from a scrappy player.

Bryz. All he needs to do is throw that in the corner and we might be looking at game 6 right now.

I'd say it's Bryzgalov's fault for not dishing it off to Coburn or covering it. I don't blame Timonen for getting it back to Bryzgalov, though he probably should have either chipped it back out or thrown it behind the net.

It was a lazy play by Timonen but Bryz is an NHL goalie. He might not be the best with a stick but he should be proficient enough to dump it to the corner or to either side. He had both his defensemen open and time enough to move it...

That said, great play by Clarkson to initiate the play!

This one is all on Bryz, but really after standing on his head for the previous few games the Flyers aren't really in any shape to complain about one mishap.

100% the fault of Bryz

Definitely Bryz, the only problem with Timonen is he trusted his goaltender to make a routine play, looking at the way Bryzgalov played that series, it turned out to be a bigger fault than it should have

One time in a hundred, that play would have ended up in the net behind Marty, too. But he would have done a heck of a lot more with it before it ended up there... maybe drag it around the net and deke a forechecker or two first. Marty would never look like a deer in headlights.

Are we forgetting the post shot by Briere in the same game???

Chalk up another for Brizzly, no way that's Timonen's fault.