Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msweet

The Salvador Needs to Go - Eat Crow Thread

76 posts in this topic

It's really a shame a team can't have two nominees, because it's REALLY hard to argue with Sykora getting it.

I've always kind of liked Sal, glad to seem him finally getting some credit this year/series.

wait...huh? He didn't get it. Although he could easily have too.

Bryce needs to be re-signed next year. What a performance so far.

http://www.theglobea...article2382711/

This list here says it was Sykora...?

Oh I see what you were saying...he was the one selected from our team for the award. I didn't know that list existed let alone was available so my bad. cheers.gif

When I do look at the current nominees though I do have to wonder whether anyone is more deserving than Salvador.

I love Bryce I wasn't in the same boat. But he's definitely stepped up this year. He had a great assist this game.

82 gms 9pts

Playoffs 8pts :yay:

lol...this is like Jay Pandolfo getting six goals and twelve points in the '03 playoffs.

2 more assists tonight. Crazy. You can see he's really poised with the puck and does a good job of waiting for a shooting lane to open up. The whole defense did a better job of that tonight but Salvador stuck out. Great deflectable shot for Carter to tip.

I'll gladly eat crow. Toward the beginning of the season, he looked like he was still concussed: slow decision making, bad decisions, some awkward giveaways, etc...

He's stepped up to really take the job of #1 D-man and he is a leader. I love his poise and strength, he has never looked so good in a Devils uniform as he has in the past few months. Let's chalk another one up for Lou for that trade he made a few years ago to get this guy..

Sal is our best dman in getting shots through, who would of thought that!

Conn Smythe worthy? 10 points and +10

thats what i was thinking....at least he should be mentioned

I thought he was finished after him being out all last season.

I am very happy I was completely wrong.

Sal's wristers > Zid's slappers

if lou is going to resign him what would the terms be

2 years at 3 million per or maybe a one year for the same amount?

The man has been a beast, defensively and offensively. Gotta love Sal

Salvador will never get the Smythe, even if he deserved it. If the Devils won and he were the best candidate, we'd have a rehash of 2003 and Smith or Quick would get it.

if lou is going to resign him what would the terms be

2 years at 3 million per or maybe a one year for the same amount?

We should give him one year and we could use him again because of how valuable he has become. However, Sal HAS to ask for a 2 year deal or he'd be crazy and he will. That will be the issue with resigning him. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't retain him.

That will be the issue with resigning him. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't retain him.

This.

We should give him one year and we could use him again because of how valuable he has become. However, Sal HAS to ask for a 2 year deal or he'd be crazy and he will. That will be the issue with resigning him. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't retain him.

its funny because last night on nbc sports the small blonde haired who plays moderator was talking about this is how you get a huge payday....it seemed to me that he was implying that was why Sal is having such an amazing playoff because he's an unrestricted free agent

im laughing because that has nothing to do with it and i dont think teams are going to be bidding up Sal after this season either way

Yeah..I thought Zids or Greene, even Fayne would be getting decent shots on net, but Sal has blown them away. Maybe the rags didnt consider him a threat as far as shooting/scoring and caught them off guard.

I always liked Sal and thought he was solid, but I never thought he'd be this good. The man is in full beast mode these playoffs.

10792505134fa3f13e1e711.gif

That's like the freakin' Mona Lisa, could stare at it for hours :)

Honestly though, i didn't think he'd be bad this year, I was really more surprised that he came back from that concussion on concussion from last year at all. I thought for sure his playing days were over. Basically, I thought at this time last year he was in the same spot that Pronger is in now. And I don't think ANYONE anywhere thinks Pronger is lacing them up again as a player.

He has been great for us, he deserves a lot of credit.

Edited by jim777