The Salvador Needs to Go - Eat Crow Thread

msweet

He won't be back with the Devils next year unless he takes a significant pay-cut, which won't happen since someone out there will offer a better deal. Team is in penny-pinching mode now, and will cut as much salary as possible, especially if Zach signs what will be a big deal.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all these defense men i wonder what happens next season

Fayne

A-Train

Tallinder

Greene

Zidlicky

Salvador

Larsson

Coming up

Urbom

Merrill

Gelinas

My guess is either Salvador leaves or someone gets traded to they can re-sign him. I think Urbom's time to come up is here.

My guess is either Salvador leaves or someone gets traded to they can re-sign him. I think Urbom's time to come up is here.

Who do you think gets moved, if it all though? I mean, it's a really tough choice with the way Greene has been playing. A-Train, while he's had good moments, has been the weakest link of the D corps. His contract and age make him hard to move though. Zid isn't going anywhere after only being traded for a few months ago and having been getting 20+mins/game. I guess if Tallinder is still hurt, that leaves room, but I think Tally is a real solid D, but he's nothing spectacular. Fayne's too young to trade when we have a very old blueline like we do now.

Bottom line, who goes, if anyone?

Tallinder is disposable IMO, hes a solid dman and a great teammate but he does not offer anything more than what Fayne and Greene gives us.

Fayne Greene

Salvador Zidlicky

Volchenkov Larsson

Harrold

Urbom

Gelinas

Merril

Edited by Zubie#8

I think we have to wait and see before we give him another contract. He has had a great playoff but his contract can't be solely on this playoff. The Devils have a ton of young D coming. I'd say we have to measure some other things. Money might be a big deal for this team in the coming seasons...

Who do you think gets moved, if it all though? I mean, it's a really tough choice with the way Greene has been playing. A-Train, while he's had good moments, has been the weakest link of the D corps. His contract and age make him hard to move though. Zid isn't going anywhere after only being traded for a few months ago and having been getting 20+mins/game. I guess if Tallinder is still hurt, that leaves room, but I think Tally is a real solid D, but he's nothing spectacular. Fayne's too young to trade when we have a very old blueline like we do now.

Bottom line, who goes, if anyone?

I definitely think A-Train is hurting right now. I thought he had a good season. I feel that Tallinder is great for Larsson and Urbom. Greene may be the guy to go, or they may just let Salvador go. They have to do something though, there's too many young players defensemen coming up (feels good to say that!)

I definitely think A-Train is hurting right now. I thought he had a good season. I feel that Tallinder is great for Larsson and Urbom. Greene may be the guy to go, or they may just let Salvador go. They have to do something though, there's too many young players defensemen coming up (feels good to say that!)

I would say the same if he didn't lay one or two monster hits a game.. He doesn't go for those big hits if he's really hurting

Edited by Onddeck

I would say the same if he didn't lay one or two monster hits a game.. He doesn't go for those big hits if he's really hurting

You don't need to be able to move to hit someone right in front of you. Right now, Volch really doesn't look any better than Vitali Vishnevski (rip). Just another one dimensional guy that only hits and Volch was so much more than that in Ottawa.

• 3 weeks later...

By a show of hands who here wouldn't have thought Lou a genious to have been able to dump Sal and his salary at the beginning of the season without paying someone to take it.

i wouldnt have been disappointed...i didnt expect him to play ever again and when he made the team hoped he would be a solid 5th or 6th bottom min guy

It's nice to see a smart player play like he's got nothin' to lose. I imagine it's very liberating. Some of the nastiness he's letting fly now is so pleasant to see. He's playing SMART not cautious -- very very big difference. Once you get into THAT groove, life must be sweet...