Devils vs Rangers ECFs

justdo3043

I won't complain if it is the Rangers, but I won't ask for them either. One big rival is enough for one playoff run, IMO. For sure, beating the Flyers and then the Rangers would be incredible and almost feel like winning the Cup itself (even if we didn't beat Phoenix/LA). But let's not get too cocky after ousting the Flyers. Rangers would be beatable for sure but in a rival match up like that, you never know. Plus the Rangers are a pretty good team too. I think Washington is the weaker overall team.

Either way, the first thing we need to do is root for a game 7. Give our banged-up guys more resting time while also wearing out whoever wins the series. Some more long overtimes would help too.

I don't know how to feel. On one hand it'll be great for the area and an opportunity to knock those bastards out. On the other hand, we will have to really mobilize to minimize the amount of their fans in our arena. Would love to see lots of red at msg tho.

No, would rather it be the Caps but we'll have to live with it and accept if the Rangers win tonight. Yeah, going to the Cup Finals beating Philly and the Rangers would be epic, but I just don't want to hear "Rangers this" and "Rangers that" and all their fans' sh!t talk. Plus if we play the Caps, only a small handful of their fans would actually come to out to our place. AND we would have home ice Games 1 & 2.

Rangers will be tougher than the Flyers, we can do it, but it will probably be their hardest series this year.

Maybe it's different if you're not an sth, but as an sth I don't want the Rangers. I'm enjoying actually having a real home-ice advantage at the Rock in the postseason now. Even though Ranger fans aren't subhuman like Flyer fans, I'm still not looking forward to having them occupy 30-40% of the building on a good night. Anything below 25% of Ranger fans I'll consider a success.

Just from a hockey standpoint, it hardly matters since they both play the same way though the Caps have more high-end offensive talent and the Rangers have a better defense. It's a classic high-risk high-reward, losing a Ranger series would put a damper on a terrific run, but winning a Ranger series and getting to the finals after beating the Flyers and Rangers in succession would be epic, like someone above said.

BRING ON ALL TAKERS

we just beat the goddamn Flyers against all odds, granted Lundqvist is way more solid than spaceman, but our forecheck is unstoppable and if the Rags even win their series, they gotta be a little tired at this point. We're just getting started.

Why would they be any more tired than the Devils? If they finish it off tonight, that means they played 1 more game and will get a few days off before the series starts. Are you saying 1 game would be that big of a deal? The Rangers have access to therapy equipment, trainers, massages to help get them refreshed.

To answer the OP's question, Yes, hoping for a devils-rangers ecf.

Yes. Of course I want the Rangers. Just the fact that we made it to the ECF is mind blowing. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. And the Rangers were the best this year. So far, home ice hasn't mattered.

Want this series to go 7, but I want the Devils to start Saturday for my own selfish reasons. I really don't care who the Devils play really. For the Devils sake, hopefully this series goes a grueling 7 games.

TG tweeted that the 3rd round would start on the weekend if the Rags win tonight. No way the Devils/Rangers would start Saturday, Kings/Coyotes would start before them. Most likely a Saturday afternoon game for LA/PHX and a Sunday afternoon game for NJ/NYR.