Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oat77

Football in NewarK?

5 posts in this topic

It would be a minor league for the NFL. Someone bought the USFL name and it would take the place of the Arena League and NFL Europe. Don't know how serious it is, but Newark is mentioned as a possible city. By the sounds of it, I guess they might look at playing at Red Bull Arena unless they plan on building a new place in Newark.

• Teams would primarily be located in cities that do not have NFL or Major League Baseball franchises. Cities that will be looked at include Portland, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Austin/San Antonio, Birmingham, Baton Rouge, Raleigh, Akron/Canton, Columbus, Memphis, Louisville, Tallahassee, Omaha, Richmond and Newark.
There have been so many changes in sports since the USFL of the mid-80’s. The success that minor league baseball and hockey have enjoyed. The ability to communicate with fans through social media. The growth in television and cable networks; there is now competition to ESPN, including NBC, Turner, CBS cable networks, and plans by FOX to add an additional sports cable company. The ability to enhance revenues by creating innovative, unique and captivating logo designs as many minor league baseball teams have done. The ability to provide a tangible evaluation of any sponsorship.

The rebirth of the United States Football League

I loved the original USFL. Donald Trump's "business savvy" screwed that up.

Was a big Michigan Panthers fan.

I'm not sure how having TWO teams play 7 miles away qualifies as having no NFL team, but I'll take it!

I'm not sure how having TWO teams play 7 miles away qualifies as having no NFL team, but I'll take it!

I think they cancel each other out, kind of like when using a double negative in a sentence.

Edited by devilsfan26