5/20 Line Changes

Triumph

Good moves all around. The second line was playing about even with our fourth line. Feels even stronger now. Sykora has not made any glaring mistakes, but the numerous times he is beat in the corners on the boards ending a cycle are all adding up. Elias and Henrique are both players who need to get going as well hopefully playing them together turns out well for us.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted Sykora on the 4th line for months now. Now that the 4th line is playing good there's not even room for him there. I like the guy, but he is just too slow and too weak on the puck.

Would absolutely love to see Josefson score one tomorrow.

I like the lines, just would rather see Elias at LW and Henrique at C...has Elias ever played RW in his life?

I remember he played RW briefly on a line with Pandolfo and Madden back in the begginning of the 08-09 season. The Devils were going through a bunch of injuries at that time though.

The Devils have dominated because of their forecheck and their one on one board play. I don't think it's because of 'chemistry' - these twelve forwards are going to crush what the Rangers are throwing out there, assuming they're put in any sort of coherent order.

Sykora has been the team's weakest forward, he's shot, if Josefson is anything like he was in the regular season, he will make the team even better.

Definitely agree. Sykora is only useful if you can set him up for clean shots at the net, and that just doesn't happen often enough against the Rangers to justify him being in there. He can't win board battles. Josefson may not be much stronger along the boards, but he is faster and distributes the puck better than Sykora. It's a no-brainer to make this swap if Josefson is ready.

I have to hope that the line shuffling does something for Elias. Man, maybe I'm wrong, but game 3 seemed like the worst I've seen him play all year. Almost bad enough for me to wonder if he's injured. He just is making terrible decisions with the puck and does not look quick at all. Maybe this hard-nosed, forechecking style is too much for him at his age.

Seems a little desperate to me to shake things up this much. I'm also a little wary of putting JJ back in the lineup so soon off of injury in a series like this.

Desperate? - we need to start scoring goals asap. We've been shutout for no reason two times in three games.

Here's what I want to see tomorrow:

1. 2 Devils goals in the 1st period, plus at least 1 in each of the 2nd and 3rd.

2. Fonzarelli screaming and bitching the entire game so much that even his own players are rolling their eyes.

3. At least 1 soft goal let up by pretty boy Henrik.

4. Marty shutout or 1 GA.

Of course, I'll be happy with any win, but I would really like the Devils to completely take over game 4 and send the message that the Rangers can't just sit back and wait for a lucky break.

Edited by David Puddy

Here's what I want to see tomorrow:

1. 2 Devils goals in the 1st period, plus at least 1 in each of the 2nd and 3rd.

2. Fonzarelli screaming and bitching the entire game so much that even his own players are rolling their eyes.

3. At least 1 soft goal let up by pretty boy Henrik.

4. Marty shutout or 1 GA.

Of course, I'll be happy with any win, but I would really like the Devils to completely take over game 4 and send the message that the Rangers can't just sit back and wait for a lucky break.

Maybe on NHL 12

Maybe we ought to be desperate. It's a gamble though.

True Point. We know that at the very least our previous lines perform well in everything but scoring. I think at this point you do it - the gamble isn't so large if you really think about it. These players are all familiar with each other and we'll have the same strategy.

Maybe Elias will have a talk with Kovy and tell him to just shoot the fvcking thing from everywhere.

And maybe Kovy will have a talk with Elias and ask him to please, "Keep as far away from the puck as possible." tongue.gif

I like everything about these lines. But how is Josefson already in game shape? It seems like a week ago, he still hadn't had a practice with the team, let alone a skate. I hope he's ready for what's coming up.

He's probably in shape but not in game shape.

No one has mentioned the excitement of the snooze (zzz) line being put back together. They were so good together a few years ago

Great catch, totally missed that. For the half game they were together for two years ago, they were absolutely unstoppable. Shame it didn't last longer.

Glad to see JJ with two guys who can work the boards. Should open some ice for him.

The meaningless thing that strikes me about this is how, injuries aside, Josefson's regular season is almost a mirror image of the Devils series with the Rangers. Tons of skill, great work, excellent plays, great scoring opportunities ... few goals to show for it. JJ was snakebitten all year, and this team has been snakebitten against Lundqvist. Hopefully both can snap out of it tonight.

Great catch, totally missed that. For the half game they were together for two years ago, they were absolutely unstoppable. Shame it didn't last longer.

Glad to see JJ with two guys who can work the boards. Should open some ice for him.

The meaningless thing that strikes me about this is how, injuries aside, Josefson's regular season is almost a mirror image of the Devils series with the Rangers. Tons of skill, great work, excellent plays, great scoring opportunities ... few goals to show for it. JJ was snakebitten all year, and this team has been snakebitten against Lundqvist. Hopefully both can snap out of it tonight.

Yeah, here's the shots attempted gamesheet: http://www.timeonice.com/shots0910.php?gamenumber=20801

Good lord that team iced a lot of bad players, and I even like and defend Mike Mottau. That's why, ultimately, that line was broken up - the Devils didn't have the forward depth to keep it together. Now I think it does.

Edited by Triumph

Where has elias been the whole playoffs, he has been just as bad as sykora

Ever since his first goal in game 1 against the panthers he has pretty much invisible, certainly notthe way a guy who gets 65 points in the regular season should play

78?