GDT: ECF Game 4 - NY Rangers @ NJ Devils 5/21/12

RunninWithTheDevil

Oh well. A goal that doesn't get through 95% of the time, a terrible play by Del Zotto and then the Rangers D letting Parise whack away at rebounds. As if they were just waiting for their turn to get the puck. Like I said on Wednesday, I expected a split in NJ (although did want last night's game). Rangers win the next 2 and move onto the finals. Queue Triumph with some Fenwick and Corsi numbers and an explanation about why the Rangers won't win 2 in a row.

You really are annoying.. you know what..

In the last game, the devils hit the shaft of the princess, they hit the post and kovy had him sprawled out defensless 2 times and didn't lift the puck. Its a game of inches, if those don't got the way rangers way, and they don't 95% of the time. Then the game terrific game by the princess is gone, '95% of the time.

GTFOOH

Edited by abripper339

Oh well. A goal that doesn't get through 95% of the time, a terrible play by Del Zotto and then the Rangers D letting Parise whack away at rebounds. As if they were just waiting for their turn to get the puck. Like I said on Wednesday, I expected a split in NJ (although did want last night's game). Rangers win the next 2 and move onto the finals. Queue Triumph with some Fenwick and Corsi numbers and an explanation about why the Rangers won't win 2 in a row.

Why don't you and that Queen of goalie have a glass of whine together. What bitch post.

The fact is the Rags broke down and lacked discipline while we continued to out hustle along the boards and kept up the forecheck.

There should have never been a rebound on that Parise goal.

There should have never been a rebound on that Parise goal.

True, but the d can't just stand there and watch.

Why don't you and that Queen of goalie have a glass of whine together. What bitch post.

The fact is the Rags broke down and lacked discipline while we continued to out hustle along the boards and kept up the forecheck.

How is it a bitch post if it is all true? The discipline didn't break down til the game was over.

You really are annoying.. you know what..

In the last game, the devils hit the shaft of the princess, they hit the post and kovy had him sprawled out defensless 2 times and didn't lift the puck. Its a game of inches, if those don't got the way rangers way, and they don't 95% of the time. Then the game terrific game by the princess is gone, '95% of the time.

GTFOOH

OK, so Lundqvist making those saves is because Kovalchuck didnt lift the puck, but Marty's save on Gaborik in game 2, where he kicks his foot up and isnt even looking at the puck is all because of Marty's skill?

Maybe they're getting burnt out a tad? Torts is treating his top defensemen like they're Lecavalier/St. Louis/Boyle. The minutes were lower today and it looks like he gave up on Del Zotto. This attrition strategy can only last so long. Not saying they can't win this, just saying the attrition strategy can only last so long. First series they were down 3-2, second series they were 30 seconds from being down 3-2 on a team that probably could have finished them. Keep it up and eventually you're gonna lose the coinflip.

The second goal was an example of what happens when the Rangers get cute, instead of footracing for a random puck catching a team flatfooted, Del Zotto tries to move the puck across all the lines and Anisimov got destroyed by Zubrus for that loose puck. If they get drawn into that kind of game because their D starts breaking down, they are DONE.

OK, so Lundqvist making those saves is because Kovalchuck didnt lift the puck, but Marty's save on Gaborik in game 2, where he kicks his foot up and isnt even looking at the puck is all because of Marty's skill?

hey NEWSFLASH i was being sarcastic retorting you're claim that all those goals were 95% chance.. NO.. they were 100%, b/c they happened and went in.. if you want to start talking about all those 95% of times, you are opening a can of worms. The bottom line is the rangers have been completely man handled in this series and are lucky to be 2-2. so STFU and be happy.

Maybe they're getting burnt out a tad? Torts is treating his top defensemen like they're Lecavalier/St. Louis/Boyle. The minutes were lower today and it looks like he gave up on Del Zotto. This attrition strategy can only last so long. Not saying they can't win this, just saying the attrition strategy can only last so long. First series they were down 3-2, second series they were 30 seconds from being down 3-2 on a team that probably could have finished them. Keep it up and eventually you're gonna lose the coinflip.

The second goal was an example of what happens when the Rangers get cute, instead of footracing for a random puck catching a team flatfooted, Del Zotto tries to move the puck across all the lines and Anisimov got destroyed by Zubrus for that loose puck. If they get drawn into that kind of game because their D starts breaking down, they are DONE.

Del Zotto needed to be sat last night. He was off. His grandmother died Saturday while watching the game, and I honestly don't think his head was in the game. Torts should tell him to fly home today see his fam, come back and get ready for game 5.

They just can't seem to take the bull by the horns when it is there. Game 4 against ottawa, 2-0 lead and blow it. Then have a lousy game 5, fall behind in game 6, but they come back and get it done. After the 3 ot game against washington, they couldn't build off that emotion. Have another big win in game 5, which should have delated the caps and then the Rangers come out flat in game 6, but firing on all cylinders to take game 7. That is why you see Rangers fans still confident. When they look like a team that is done, the kick it up a notch and win.

Del Zotto needed to be sat last night. He was off. His grandmother died Saturday while watching the game, and I honestly don't think his head was in the game. Torts should tell him to fly home today see his fam, come back and get ready for game 5.

They just can't seem to take the bull by the horns when it is there. Game 4 against ottawa, 2-0 lead and blow it. Then have a lousy game 5, fall behind in game 6, but they come back and get it done. After the 3 ot game against washington, they couldn't build off that emotion. Have another big win in game 5, which should have delated the caps and then the Rangers come out flat in game 6, but firing on all cylinders to take game 7. That is why you see Rangers fans still confident. When they look like a team that is done, the kick it up a notch and win.

Did they kick up a notch when they scored the luckiest goal of the playoffs with 6 seconds left to save their season? The team is on their last leg, I have never seen a team play this bad and make it this far.

TG: "The crowd tonight had the fewest number of Rangers’ fans that I’ve ever seen at a Devils-Rangers game at Prudential Center or the Meadwlaonds. It was probably about 15 percent Rangers’ fans—if that much."

Do I need those? I don't. The Rangers have not outplayed the Devils in any game. How can you be confident of them winning 2 in a row? Only if you're completely delusional and ignoring everything that's happened in this series so far.

Zidlicky looks tired and should NOT be playing the minutes he is. He drags us down in the third period the past few games. Harrold should play the PP.

I was cursing him out for the amount of times he couldnt keep the puck in the zone

TG: "The crowd tonight had the fewest number of Rangers’ fans that I’ve ever seen at a Devils-Rangers game at Prudential Center or the Meadwlaonds. It was probably about 15 percent Rangers’ fans—if that much."

I had four Rangers fans in front of me in the back of 228. They paid $100+ to sit with their hands on their laps as they helplessly watched their team get outplayed and outclassed for a full 60 minutes. It was humorous.

There might as well have been no Rangers fans there because they pretty much had nothing to make noise about about all game long.

Edited by devilsfan26

I was cursing him out for the amount of times he couldnt keep the puck in the zone

Yea, me too. I don't think its a case of him being tired though. I think its a case of him looking for a passing outlet/shooting lane before he has the puck. He's done this everywhere he's played apparently.

zach parise is a great hockey player and just blew past him...this is not too dissimilar to what's been going on the entire series. Lundqvist wasn't there too bail you out this time though.

indeed, the rangers D letting Parise whack away (then again the goalie should've squeezed that) but the Rangers D is getting worn down and beat up. So expect a lot more of that as the Devils continue to assert their physical dominance.

it wouldn't shock me if the devils had twice as many quality scoring chances as the rangers in the first 4 games.

Edited by '7'

zach parise is a great hockey player and just blew past him...this is not too dissimilar to what's been going on the entire series. Lundqvist wasn't there too bail you out this time though.

indeed, the rangers D letting Parise whack away (then again the goalie should've squeezed that) but the Rangers D is getting worn down and beat up. So expect a lot more of that as the Devils continue to assert their physical dominance.

it wouldn't shock me if the devils had twice as many quality scoring chances as the rangers in the first 4 games.

Rangers fan counting chances for his blog had it at around 60% NJD at 5 on 5 through the first 3 games. He never posted a total for the 3rd period last night, but here's the totals:

1: 12 15

2: 8 7 (missing 3rd period)

3: 17 7

4: 9 6 (missing 3rd period)

so that's 46-35, 56.8%. I imagine it's about the same if we had the 3rd periods of those games, where NJ was ahead, but the Rangers didn't put up much of a fight last night - wouldn't be surprised if they only had 2 or 3 chances, NJ had that on the power play at least.