Gaborik Elbow

Zubie#8

Do you guys think this needs to be looked at?

I'm on the fence on this one. It does not look that bad but it definitely reminds me when Volchenkov got suspended last year for sticking out the elbow.

EDIT: He stuck out his knee also, this deserves at least a fine.

Edited by Zubie#8

Should it be? Yes, IMHO. Will it be? No, not IMHO.

Because it wasn't caught by the refs and seemed to be a fairly minor hit (although it actually smacked Volchenkov pretty good) at first glance I think it gets an "oh well" sort of response. Then again, if anything has been consistent this playoff season it is inconsistency.

I'm on the fence on this one. It does not look that bad but it definitely reminds me when Volchenkov got suspended last year for sticking out the elbow.

Stahl's slash to the back of Elias' legs was worse-that should be reviewed. The Rangers seemed like they were told to goon it up-great I hope they keep the parade to the penalty box going.

That's what I have come to expect from a dirty Rangers-Team. If that is the way they think they can impress the Devs, then so be it. Stuff like that only shows their frustration and the more frustration they show, the better for us. This series will be over after game 6. The Rangers are outplayed in every respect and they will lose the series.

He doesn't stick his knee out, he is just turning because he's following the puck. Looks to me like he was trying to avoid any contact so he wouldn't be slowed down from getting to the puck, but they were too close and it happened too fast so he wasn't able to avoid him. Everything about this seems accidental to me, no need for any supplementary discipline. You can maybe make the case for a minor penalty but even that is up for debate.

Edited by devilsfan26