GDT: ECF Game 5 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

ZeroGravityFat

A dramatic reproduction...

Reporter: "Are you going to win tonight?"

Easter Island Head: "Yeah, sure."

Media: "ZOMG :yay: HE PROMISED US A WIN! OUR HERO!!"

So true. Revisionists make it like he was running around pounding his rather enlarged head screaming they'll win. He answered a stupid question (probably Neverson) if they'd win.....then the puke actually delivered.

And took credit for scoring the Cup winning goal against Vancouver that he never touched.

BTW: I am stealing Easter Island Head for now on......friggin' classic.....THANKS !!

Get 'em early boys and get 'em often.

If you know the rangers suck clap your hands.......... :clap: :clap:

If you know the rangers suck clap your hands.......... :clap: :clap:

If you know the rangers suck and they'll never win the cup, if you know the rangers suck clap your hands.......... :clap: :clap:

I'll be there tonight! LGD!!

Edited by NJDEVS1730

Reserving hope for tonight. I'm trying to not get too positive or negative. They just need to come out with speed and poise, and keep the Rangers at bay for the start of the game and set the tone. This is a huge huge huge game. We needSuper Marty.

I'll always appreciate Marty and everything he's done, and he's had a largely solid playoff run, but I pretty much expect the Devils to have to score three goals to win most nights when he's in net. I can't ask him to make a 1-0 or 2-1 lead stand up anymore. Having said that, I don't see him coughing up more than three in any game for the rest of this series.

In short: Devils score three, they'll probably win.

I do agree with HOI in this respect, I do think we'll need Marty at 'some' point to win a 2-1, 1-0 game. Unless Lundqvist finally gets tired and we really get to him these last two games.

I agree with HOI too, just not sure Marty will do it...2 GA is pretty much what I expect these days (thought technically he's only given up exactly 2 in exactly half his starts). His breakdown (a perfect bell):

4 goals: once

3 goals: three times

2 goals: eight times

1 goal: three times

shutout: once

I agree with HOI too, just not sure Marty will do it...2 GA is pretty much what I expect these days (thought technically he's only given up exactly 2 in exactly half his starts). His breakdown (a perfect bell):

4 goals: once

3 goals: three times

2 goals: eight times

1 goal: three times

shutout: once

Pretty much how I feel about it. He probably won't steal a game, but if they score 2 or 3 he shouldn't cost them one either.