GDT ECF GAME 6: NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. RANGERS

ZeroGravityFat

Watching that goal again, still don't know what Girardi was doing circling behind the net and taking himself out of he play. That left Henrique opened to pot it in. That Doc call on the goal was perfect.

One Ranger I couldn't help but feel terrible for was Del Zotto. I couldn't imagine playing right after what happened with his family, and he had a couple tough games afterwords. I kept saying to myself...don't let him be the one screwing up. And on the final goal it was Girardi.

These blown leads really make the games painful to watch, but my goodness they make the end results so damn sweet. Both Henrique goals were truly special finishes.

I think there's a good chance Del Zotto gets traded this offseason. If not him, then Staal is a long-shot possibility as strange as it may seem. Rangers are going to try and add some forwards I think and it is probably going to have to be through trade for them. I wonder if they try and shed Gaborik, although I don't think they will get much for him all things considered. They aren't getting another Gomez-McDonagh trade. Those kinds of deals (heists!) happen once in a generation.

and let's not forget going through the flyers in five too.

I haven't forgotten that at all...I don't hate the Flyers like I hate the Rangers. And the Devils never had unfinished business against the Flyers like they did against the Rangers...the Devils beat the Flyers in the ECF twice on the way to winning Cups.

before the playoffs started, i never would have guessed we'd get through both of them to get to the finals.

Me neither. I picked the Devils to lose both series.

currently being ambushed by angry ranger fans on tumblr right now, and loving every minute of it

You're acting very rude and immature about the whole situation. Get the fvck over New Jersey. They are nothing compared to the Rangers. Clearly Rangers are way better than Jersey they just didn't show it. Stop going in the Rangers tags and stick with Dirty jersey! :) pce
Yeah, in all seriousness, drop that sh!t already. I admit, the Devils battled hard, but so did we. I don't like the Devils, but it's fans like you that make me hate them even more. The gloating, the rude remarks, the mocking of New York. That is so damn callow. I have some friends who are fans of the Devils, who even admit that the Rangers are an excellent team, and one to watch out for. We don't "suck" if we got this fvcking far. You are a vexing individual.

tumblr_m41i5qE2qr1rnwmau.gif

lol looking at the OT winner and all.... how fast did Zach came out of the bench and jumped on henrique? seems like henrique is getting to the corner and one second later zach is there lol i wish there was a video with the bench reaction

edit: oh nevermind i just saw it from NBC

HAHAHA Larry with the bunny hop once again L O L

ahhhhh mannnnnn i get goosebumps this is just too good LOL Volchenkov going to the corner for Henrique and Carter grab him like "We gotta go get Marty !!!!" and they just go the other way with Moose... mannnnnnnn its so fvcking good

Edited by SterioDesign

Watching that goal again, still don't know what Girardi was doing circling behind the net and taking himself out of he play. That left Henrique opened to pot it in. That Doc call on the goal was perfect.

One Ranger I couldn't help but feel terrible for was Del Zotto. I couldn't imagine playing right after what happened with his family, and he had a couple tough games afterwords. I kept saying to myself...don't let him be the one screwing up. And on the final goal it was Girardi.

These blown leads really make the games painful to watch, but my goodness they make the end results so damn sweet. Both Henrique goals were truly special finishes.

I don't know why McDonagh went down to block a shot. Oh wait, yes I do, that's exactly what the Rangers do, all the time, always.

Girardi thought that if the puck was going to come out of that scramble, it was going to come out on the left wing side, so he'd be right there to get it and clear it out.

Edited by Triumph

I haven't forgotten that at all...I don't hate the Flyers like I hate the Rangers. And the Devils never had unfinished business against the Flyers like they did against the Rangers...the Devils beat the Flyers in the ECF twice on the way to winning Cups.

Completely disagree. Since the way we were manhandled in 2010 with high expectations going in, I have always thought beating the Flyers was unfinished business #1. Also, I agree the '94 story is great and now we reversed it and can hear the Henrique call forever but for the team it's faux-unfinished business. Except for Marty of course.

I still hope Manta comes back. He stood by his opinion, even if none of us agreed.

As one of the people who has argued the most with Manta over the past few years being a Kovy fanatic - I have been probably Manta's most ardent defender during the success this season because of the reason above. He argued not to troll or disagree but because he loves the team. Not only that - he wasn't really that wrong - we did need a PMD - Zidlicky filled the role....he was just wrong that Kovy would tank the team into a bottomless abyss of failure.......giggle.gif

Edited by ben00rs

manta aside, i really miss SatansDevils and the oot threads :/

SD was OK, but all he did in most of his posts was state the blatantly obvious. That, and every one of his GDT posts was pretty much the same thing, no matter what the Devils had done before the game...the Devils could've won 7 in a row, and SD's GDT posts would say "Devils need to keep it going against (insert team here)..." The Devils could've started a season 15-0-0 and he'd post the same exact thing.

That, and everytime a former "meh" Devil would have a few good games, SD was immediately posting about how Lou let one get away (Aaron Voros, Mike Rupp, among others)...something about him was really annoying at times.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

SD was OK, but all he did in most of his posts was state the blatantly obvious. That, and every one of his GDT posts was pretty much the same thing, no matter what the Devils had done before the game...the Devils could've won 7 in a row, and SD's GDT posts would say "Devils need to keep it going against (insert team here)..." The Devils could've started a season 15-0-0 and he'd post the same exact thing.

That, and everytime a former "meh" Devil would have a few good games, SD was immediately posting about how Lou let one get away (Aaron Voros, Mike Rupp, among others)...something about him was really annoying at times.

He's been posting here and there hasn't he? But I agree if he was around more we would have known the Devs would be in the finals two weeks ago. tongue.gif.....I be trollin'.

Edited by ben00rs

He annoyed everyone but he was still a Devs fan at heart. I mean hey, we still keep LucifersDog around. :whistling:

Completely disagree. Since the way we were manhandled in 2010 with high expectations going in, I have always thought beating the Flyers was unfinished business #1. Also, I agree the '94 story is great and now we reversed it and can hear the Henrique call forever but for the team it's faux-unfinished business. Except for Marty of course.

I think this differs from fan to fan. In '04 and '10, the Flyers didn't go on to win a Cup, in spite of the beatdowns they lay on the Devils, and they were both first-round knockouts. Hell, if you think about it, even the '12 Devils and the '12 Flyers differed a good bit from their '10 counterparts...especially these Flyers. The '94 Rangers won a Cup at the Devils' expense...the Flyers have never done that.

Neither one of us are wrong...like I said, I think there are multiple viewing angles on this.

I think this differs from fan to fan. In '04 and '10, the Flyers didn't go on to win a Cup, in spite of the beatdowns they lay on the Devils, and they were both first-round knockouts. Hell, if you think about it, even the '12 Devils and the '12 Flyers differed a good bit from their '10 counterparts...especially these Flyers. The '94 Rangers won a Cup at the Devils' expense...the Flyers have never done that.

Neither one of us are wrong...like I said, I think there are multiple viewing angles on this.

Agreed. And like I said, I like the fact that we reversed the '94 thing and threw it back on them and got it done somehow before Marty retired. All I'm saying is that we had something to prove against the Flyers after the way we got pushed around. Once this team realized they could beat them once, we have been a great team since. We were not this good against the Panthers. We had to beat the Flyers.

Edited by ben00rs

Eh, my favorite was his "sources". Come on, the Kovy thread was classic!!!

"My sources say a deal is imminent"

"My sources say 8 million a year for 8 years"

Really you expect a congrats? Their team just lost - and in devastating fashion too. Give them a little while.

Matteau#32 is the one guy who's coming off pretty badly right now, no matter how his team lost. He made some pretty bold predictions, which is fine, and at times was clearly trying to be a bit antagonistic...kind of a joke to just disappear with his tail between his legs. If he doesn't at least show his face in here in the next couple of days, his cred is pretty much shot.

• Like 1