GDT ECF GAME 6: NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. RANGERS

ZeroGravityFat

Barry Melrose interview with NJ Devil

lol pretty funny clip from Melrose's Place

i mean its pretty clear that we didnt really deserved that game and that we were outplayed and Melrose is pointing it out... but why didnt we hear that about the rangers all playoffs long? lol like seriously they have been outplayed the whole playoffs and were still winning

I'm not gonna buy into all that "we didn't deserve it " junk. Sure after going up 3 we played like crap, but we didn't give up and we won in the end so as far as "deserving" a game, I don't look at how much bad stuff happened, rather the overall outcome, the quality of the goals we scored and the fact we didn't let it get out f control so much we couldn't overcome it. Frankly, a win is a win and I couldn't care less if we "deserved" it or not, OR how we played. If we got a goal that was pretty obviously off a high stick or kicked and Toronto allows it, so be it. I won't call for us to forfeit because of it because we "got away with something"

Completely agreed. The team that scores the most goals is the team that "deserves" to win. Plain and simple.

LGD!!

i just cant agree after everything i said about the Rangers during playoffs lol i'd be a pure homer.

sometimes you win game that you dont deserve and thats what NJ did... you cant blow a 3-0 lead, play like sh!t like that and truly deserve a win... we stole that one like Elias said.

***Yanni Vid***

That Yanni song gave me goosebumps. I loved hearing that just before a game.

Barry Melrose interview with NJ Devil

lol pretty funny clip from Melrose's Place

I have a question. How come when we outplayed the RanJuhs and lost a game we never hear any, 'the Rangers didn't deserve to win that game"? These announcers/sportswriters need to get some new material.

i just cant agree after everything i said about the Rangers during playoffs lol i'd be a pure homer.

sometimes you win game that you dont deserve and thats what NJ did... you cant blow a 3-0 lead, play like sh!t like that and truly deserve a win... we stole that one like Elias said.

I get what you're saying, but I don't buy it. And I don't buy it when the Devs are on the losing end of the deal, either. You don't get any points for puck possession, good passing, hard hits, or even general competitiveness, unless those things translate into goals scored. They often do, of course, but sometimes they don't. Looked at in another way: If the Devils' 5 goals had been spaced evenly throughout the game, nobody would be having this conversation.

I get what you're saying, but I don't buy it. And I don't buy it when the Devs are on the losing end of the deal, either. You don't get any points for puck possession, good passing, hard hits, or even general competitiveness, unless those things translate into goals scored. They often do, of course, but sometimes they don't. Looked at in another way: If the Devils' 5 goals had been spaced evenly throughout the game, nobody would be having this conversation.

I would have still said the Devils stole last game, even of the Devils goals were evenly spread out.

I forget who said it but there was a quote along the lines of "you can't control the outcome of a game, you can only control the process". Meaning all you can do is play your best and sometimes you get wildly lucky or unlucky, but you can still play your best.

Last game the Devils need not play their best. The Rangers owned the "process" of the game and the Devils were lucky to win.

alright boys, bring it tonight. play tough, expect anything, and play the best game you can. play aggressive and smart. step on their throats, we need to end the series tonight.

i got my Brodeur jersey on, and im leaving for work in downtown philly. i wont be able to watch it but thatll be all i can think about

LGD!!!! :cheers: :cheers: