Hilarious

CMONPETEYD

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/18/james-dolan-rangers-closing-in-on-stanley-cup/

Read the article title from January, but then look up at the breaking news

NEW YORK (WFAN/AP) — Rangers owner James Dolan is ready to party like it’s 1994.

Dolan made a rare appearance after New York’s 3-0 win over the Nashville Predators to say what’s been on his mind for a while: the Rangers are Stanley Cup title material.

“I’m very proud of the organization,” Dolan told the stunned media contingent. “I’m particularly proud of Mr. Sather because all the way back to 2004 when things weren’t going so well and we had a lot of free agents here and we decided to basically re-do the strategy, Glen and I made a pact.

“I gave him something, which I won’t reveal today, but I gave him something to seal the pact. I said ‘You can’t give it back to me until we win the Stanley Cup.’ And I think we’re pretty close to getting that thing back.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/18/james-dolan-rangers-closing-in-on-stanley-cup/

Read the article title from January, but then look up at the breaking news

NEW YORK (WFAN/AP) — Rangers owner James Dolan is ready to party like it’s 1994.

Dolan made a rare appearance after New York’s 3-0 win over the Nashville Predators to say what’s been on his mind for a while: the Rangers are Stanley Cup title material.

“I’m very proud of the organization,” Dolan told the stunned media contingent. “I’m particularly proud of Mr. Sather because all the way back to 2004 when things weren’t going so well and we had a lot of free agents here and we decided to basically re-do the strategy, Glen and I made a pact.

“I gave him something, which I won’t reveal today, but I gave him something to seal the pact. I said ‘You can’t give it back to me until we win the Stanley Cup.’ And I think we’re pretty close to getting that thing back.”

screencap this IMMEDIATELY

Oh man, I remember reading that piece about what Dolan was saying earlier in the season. I was thinking about that this morning actually. At the time he said it I was really hoping he had screwed his team's chances. Certainly couldn't have helped.

It's just like the Rags to talk about the Cup halfway through the season. This team had heart though - I will give them that.

That's what got them there. They definitely overachieved this year. I know some people think they were a great team. I think the intestinal fortitude of the team was what made them successful, not the talent. They simply ran out of gas in the head.

Edited by capo

Don't forget about their fans chanting "we want the Cup" after eliminating Washington in the second round. Whether it's ownership or the fans, the New York Rangers are experts in jumping the gun.

At least the 2013-14 season is right around the corner. The 20-year anniversary of their last Cup win will give them the latest excuse to celebrate it yet again. Maybe the Rangers can borrow the Cup so Messier and Leetch can skate it around the ice. Whose number from the '94 team gets retired that year so they can attempt to not make it look like another thinly veiled '94 celebration?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

At least the 2013-14 season is right around the corner. The 20-year anniversary of their last Cup win will give them the latest excuse to celebrate it yet again. Maybe the Rangers can borrow the Cup so Messier and Leetch can skate it around the ice. Whose number from the '94 team gets retired that year so they can attempt to not make it look like another thinly veiled '94 celebration?

I hear they might retire Kreider's jersey next season...

Good question- I'm gonna go with Messier in a first ever repeat jersey retirement. If any team would do something like that, it's those jerk-offs. I mean, they retired the #9 twice lmfao.

Good question- I'm gonna go with Messier in a first ever repeat jersey retirement. If any team would do something like that, it's those jerk-offs. I mean, they retired the #9 twice lmfao.

:rofl:

Damn that was funny...I was thinking they might actually do a commemorative '94 banner raising, where they bring back the whole team for an on-ice celebration, and give out mini-banners on the way out, and raise a banner with "94" on it. Would that come as any great shock?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

:rofl:

Damn that was funny...I was thinking they might actually do a commemorative '94 banner raising, where they bring back the whole team for an on-ice celebration, and give out mini-banners on the way out, and raise a banner with "94" on it. Would that comes as any great shock?

Lmfao, I heard after that they're gonna have Keenan back to retire his moustache. Messier will be there to give the keynote speech through contrived tears, of course.

I've always said I cannot wait for kypreos night.