Both have STYLES license plate

Hells

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Associated Press

LEVITTOWN, Pa. -- Dozens of toll violation notices meant for Philadelphia Flyers center Jeremy Roenick were instead sent to a Pennsylvania man with a similar license plate.

Roenick's Mercedes, with the Arizona license plate STYLES, has generated dozens of E-ZPass violations. But the tickets were sent to George Styles Jr., who drives a Ford pickup with the Pennsylvania license plate STYLES, the Bucks County Courier Times reported.

Roenick said he discovered months ago his E-ZPass wasn't working properly. He said he alerted authorities, who told him to continue going through the toll booths and that the fee would be deducted from his account.

"We'll have to make sure we get it straightened out," Roenick told the newspaper.

Neil Abbott, Roenick's agent, said Roenick has been an E-ZPass customer for about three years, since moving to the area after leaving the Phoenix Coyotes.

Joe Orlando, a spokesman for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority, told the paper that Arizona and Pennsylvania license plates look similar. The agency doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with Arizona, so officials assumed Style's license registration was the right address to send violation notices to.

The notices Styles has received will be dismissed, Orlando said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1812837

Question is, how is he allowed to keep AZ plates when he technically is a full time resident of another state?

He probably has a home in AZ where the car is registered.

Don't people in NJ have Florida plates? :noclue:

Speaking of license plates, I finally got my Texas plates! :D

Question is, how is he allowed to keep AZ plates when he technically is a full time resident of another state?

He probably has a home in AZ where the car is registered.

Don't people in NJ have Florida plates? :noclue:

Speaking of license plates, I finally got my Texas plates! :D

It's still not allowed in NJ. If the majority of your year is in NJ you have to get NJ plates. You have 30 days to get rid of them - out of state residence or not - students get reamed in Highland Park all the time! It's the towns favorite ticket!