2012 Great story

SterioDesign

i know that every team has their inside stories and i'm pretty well aware of anything in the league not just for NJ... and its pretty impressive

• Zach coming back from his injury after missing almost the whole season and becoming captain.

• Salvador coming back from missing last season with a concussion and playing way above expectations.

• Zajac going down before the season and coming out super strong in the playoff right in time.

• Henrique having a crazy rookie season and Calder nominee, coming out HUGE and CLUTCH in the playoffs so far, also beating Gomez's record for most point by a devils rookie in the playoffs in 2000.

• All the financial trouble talks they had to listen to all years.

• Going to the stanley cup final after missing the playoffs last season.

• Getting Larsson at the draft and got some good games from the kid.

• Brodeur making is back in the SCF at 40

• Beating the FLYERS AND THE RANGERS in the playoffs. Payback for 1994 !

• Going to the SCF the year Pat Burns left us.

• No analysts would even put them in the playoffs this year.

• Getting a new coach that clicked with the players.

• Clarkson scoring 30 fvcking GOALS.

• Made it to the final with no all-stars player APPARENTLY ?

• One of the best if not the best PK of all time during the season.

• You can add all the records Brodeur got this year too i guess haha

• At this point, could forfeit either a 29th or 30th first round pick which is the best situation ever.

im probably forgetting a few things but its awesome... after last season and the whole Kovy saga during the summer i think our fanbase needed that... now if we could win this damn thing and re-sign zach... could potentially be the best year ever for the devils? what do you think?

• Like 2

I was thinking we needed a thread like this. Figured I'd wait to see what happened in the SCF but great list nonetheless!

yeah but i figure we dont even need the cup to truly appreciate this season... BUT... if we win it... dear lord..........

It's not just about missing the playoffs last season either. It's about completely tanking and then having a full hearted comeback that fell short and then rising to the SCF the next year.

And don't forget Kovy - at one point earlier in the year he shot a puck into our own net and at that point - after all the mistakes over the past 2 years he could not have sunk any lower at that point. At the end of the season he had knocked on the MVP door and leads the playoffs in points while getting ready to play in the SCF. Not to mention setting up the GWG in games 5 and 6.

Sal missing all of last season -> no regular season goals -> Playoff Monster.

Oops, missed you had already put that one in there!

Edited by NCDevsFan

It's not just about missing the playoffs last season either. It's about completely tanking and then having a full hearted comeback that fell short and then rising to the SCF the next year.

And don't forget Kovy - at one point earlier in the year he shot a puck into our own net and at that point - after all the mistakes over the past 2 years he could not have sunk any lower at that point. At the end of the season he had knocked on the MVP door and leads the playoffs in points while getting ready to play in the SCF. Not to mention setting up the GWG in games 5 and 6.

It's really funny, re: Kovy...it took a lot of seemingly unforseen events to get the best out of him. First, MacLean falling on his face, paving the way for Lemaire to come back and improve the weaknesses in Kovy's game. Then Lemaire leaving, and DeBoer finding a way to build on the foundation that Lemaire built, though it didn't happen instantaneously. What seemed like an iffy match when he first signed here seems like an absolutely perfect one now. DeBoer has been a perfect fit too...just seems like this particular group and coach click incredibly well together. God knows the Devils haven't always been the most coachable bunch around.

While all this is true...and it has been an AMAZING ride...I will be absolutely devastated if we should fall short in the Cup Finals....

It has been sooo long since we have been on THE Cup Final stage...

This could be Marty's last deep run...

WE.MUST.WIN.

!!!!

New user here I want to start by saying been a long time devils fan and Extremely Happy with the performance the team has dished out thus far, what ever the outcome is I'm very impressed on how much hard work the team has put in and payed off to get this far. What ever the outcome is next round ill be happy this summer.

Edited by MoKovy

New user here I want to start by saying been a long time devils fan and Extremely Happy with the performance the team has dished out thus far, what ever the outcome is I'm very impressed on how much hard work the team has put in and payed off to get this far. What ever the outcome is next round ill be happy this summer.

Welcome. :cheers:

It's really funny, re: Kovy...it took a lot of seemingly unforseen events to get the best out of him. First, MacLean falling on his face, paving the way for Lemaire to come back and improve the weaknesses in Kovy's game. Then Lemaire leaving, and DeBoer finding a way to build on the foundation that Lemaire built, though it didn't happen instantaneously. What seemed like an iffy match when he first signed here seems like an absolutely perfect one now. DeBoer has been a perfect fit too...just seems like this particular group and coach click incredibly well together. God knows the Devils haven't always been the most coachable bunch around.

I love this one it feels like the sequence over the past 2 seasons led to this....all the coaching changes and missing the playoffs seemed to get the players attention. I think Kovy development has gone largely unnoticed to some part but watch his forechecking now versus last season. Look at hi finally finish his checks and play with his team, it's awesome to see that now and I think all that has happens over the past 2 and a half seasons enabled it

How about Lou fvcking rockin it when all the doubters were calling for his head on a plate, we are not worthy Lou!

The one thing that bothers me more than anything are the people who this season and last, called for Lou to step down. It was so arrogant and selfish. NJ is not a hockey place nor is it a big city. The only reason our franchise is somehow one of the most respected and has had any success let alone 3 Cups, is because we were lucky enough to get Lou Lamoriello. Someone else could have gotten him and this team would be playing hockey in a different state right now. Most of it was the inexperienced fans who aren't tenured or old enough to remember the Cups but some of it came from older fans which bothered me even more because while the former was ignorant, that was just spoiled.