Followers 0
Blown01NJ

"THEY SCORE!!!! HENRIQUE!!!! ITS O

25 posts in this topic

"THEY SCORE!!!! HENRIQUE!!!! ITS OVER" > "Matteau!! Matteau!! Matteau!!"

That is all.

Edited by Blown01NJ
1 person likes this

Although Doc's call was stellar, I'd like to hear the WFAN call...and for evil purposes, the ESPN1050 call too :)

Laughlin's call was good, but not something you'll hear 10 million times over the next 18 years. I'm pretty sure the Rangers radio feed was called by a traitor.

I'm just glad that Pierre McGuire wasn't able to step on all that open space. Thank God Doc didn't ask a rhetorical question.

"THEY SCORE!!!! HENRIQUE!!!! ITS OVER" > "Matteau!! Matteau!! Matteau!!"

That is all.

Anyone know if Loughlin's call is archived anywhere? I can't bring myself to actually listen to WFAN on the off chance that I'll hear it on a news update or something.

I'm just glad that Pierre McGuire wasn't able to step on all that open space. Thank God Doc didn't ask a rhetorical question.

Right? If Doc said something like "HENRIQUE!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!", Pierre would chime in with something like "I sure can Doc, Adam Henrique won 2 Memorial Cups with the Windsor Spitfires"!! Lol.

1 person likes this

and for our Finnish friends, the call by Antti Mäkinen:

I don't speak one word of Finnish and this is still so fvcking exciting

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
2 people like this

This might actually be my favorite of the three so far, haha.

Still can't figure out what the hell Girardi was doing taking himself out of the play...............but I just LOVE when he quickly looks at the ref as the ref's pointing for the goal hoping for something........then see his whole body slump......PRICELESS

That's my new favorite call. Translation at 00:46 - "John Tortarella is a queer."

That's awesome.

Still can't figure out what the hell Girardi was doing taking himself out of the play...............but I just LOVE when he quickly looks at the ref as the ref's pointing for the goal hoping for something........then see his whole body slump......PRICELESS

Plus McDonaugh flopped to the ice and just stayed there for several seconds.

The tag line is awesome.

Anyone have the whole OT I want to see if there was anything to be scared of in the first 45 or so seconds.

I don't have the video but I can tell you that they almost scored.

Haha, I just noticed in the long play videos you can see Parise asking everyone if he should touch the cup. Brodeur with an emphatic no, lol

Matt's call was very good, in my opinion. Doc's was perfect. The Finnish one was great fin to listen to. Still waiting for the mopey Rangers call. LOL

Interesting per TG:

Henrique said he also saw the replay Friday night of how he blocked Brian Boyle’s goal in the third period with his groin.

“I saw my face go, ‘Oooh’,” he said. “It hurt. I had to take a couple of short shifts at the end of the third when I was back out there.”

Henrique mentioned that the NHL put a microphone on him for Friday’s game – several players on different teams throughout the playoffs have been wearing microphones for a feature the league is working on.

It will be interesting to hear the reaction from Henrique and his teammates after he scored in overtime. He believes the aftermath of taking that shot in the groin from Boyle will also be “pretty funny.”

“(Medical trainer Rich Stinziano) didn’t know I was miked up either,” Henrique said. “I didn’t say anything, but he was coming in asking me all these questions.”

My guess is that sequence won’t make it to television.