Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kovy138

Check it out, guys

22 posts in this topic

I dont like it when people pick us!!!

I do not like being the clear "favorite", but we are clearly the underdog in this series. I like to see the team at least getting some respect in these series predictions...

It's funny that we had more votes in the NHL.com poll, but the ESPN one was overwhelmingly Kings....

i dont either. i just think its funny how we weren't favored to win in any other series, but now we are.

i dont either. i just think its funny how we weren't favored to win in any other series, but now we are.

We are not the favorites, the Kings are...

Edited by ThreeCups

We are not the favorites, the Kings are...

well, i mean more people picked the devils on that list. like you said, we're definitely the underdogs, which is cool with me.

edit: was there a list like that made for the rags series? i dont think i saw it, but i can imagine what it looked like.

Edited by Kovy138

well, i mean more people picked the devils on that list. like you said, we're definitely the underdogs, which is cool with me.

edit: was there a list like that made for the rags series? i dont think i saw it, but i can imagine what it looked like.

Honestly, this is the NHL.com staff picks, funny they picked us, but not really noteworthy.

I tried to start a thread with a poll about it but couldnt find the riht way to ask...

Its kinda on topic... Do you guys rather be the team that everyone is against (hated) so that if we win everyone is pissed off so you can rub it in their faces... Or rather be supported by the other fanbases and get people behind you to cheer and be happy with?

Personally i grew up a lone devils fan in a world of habs fans and i LOVE how everyone just HATE the devils because of me around here hahaha they just dont want to see me win cause im trolling them with the habs ALL THE TIME... Plus the devils always got mtl's numbers so its even better lol

So its the same feeling now...some of my friends are getting on the devils bandwagon and... Im not sure i like that? Hahaha

I tried to start a thread with a poll about it but couldnt find the riht way to ask...

Its kinda on topic... Do you guys rather be the team that everyone is against (hated) so that if we win everyone is pissed off so you can rub it in their faces... Or rather be supported by the other fanbases and get people behind you to cheer and be happy with?

Personally i grew up a lone devils fan in a world of habs fans and i LOVE how everyone just HATE the devils because of me around here hahaha they just dont want to see me win cause im trolling them with the habs ALL THE TIME... Plus the devils always got mtl's numbers so its even better lol

So its the same feeling now...some of my friends are getting on the devils bandwagon and... Im not sure i like that? Hahaha

We're Devils fans, at this point we only know one way and that's to be hated......and for no reason nonetheless.

Honestly, this is the NHL.com staff picks, funny they picked us, but not really noteworthy.

I don't put any more stock into the ESPN "experts" picks than I do the NHL.com staff picks...

At the end of the day it is all the same...

Doesn't matter. Everyone will still be rooting against us (except for a few people here and there who say they would like to see Marty win another one). Kings are younger and have never won a Cup in team history. Plus, they're 12-2 so far. They're definitely the favorite to win and the team most people want to see win. Fine with me.

Doesn't matter. Everyone will still be rooting against us (except for a few people here and there who say they would like to see Marty win another one). Kings are younger and have never won a Cup in team history. Plus, they're 12-2 so far. They're definitely the favorite to win and the team most people want to see win. Fine with me.

we all know what happened to 12-2 teams facing us in the cup final, no worries

I don't put any more stock into the ESPN "experts" picks than I do the NHL.com staff picks...

At the end of the day it is all the same...

Neither do I, the point is they are not established sports analysts whose predictions thousands will read.

I thought it was kind of interesting that no one did the losing team gets the Conn Smythe

Personally I don't give a crap. Maybe it's because I'm neither from New Jersey -- and admit it, you guys have a massive chip on your shoulder when it comes to these things -- nor am I deep in enemy territory. The Albany area is pretty divided in almost all sports because we're about the same distance from NYC and Boston, plus there's the Buffalo fans.

But yeah, I don't care if everyone's for us or against us. The opinions of sportswriters and fans have no bearing on what happens on the ice. Yes, it nice to prove everyone wrong, but it's not the end of the world if we're the favorite either.