GDT SCF GAME 1: NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. KINGS

ZeroGravityFat

I saw a game where we looked slow, where we looked like we couldn't control the puck and couldn't do sh!t with any opportunities. We were obviously at home tonight and couldn't do dick with the gifts of chances we were blessed with.

Listen I'm not one to just berate our team but I wanna be real when I say we were outplayed for a majority of this game

LA is 100% not the team to just "get a feel for" a game, especially when at home. It's not the end of th world but at least jus realize we jus lost home ice to a pretty good team... Not a good look

This. They sucked tonight. They admit it too, Kovy even said he thinks this is the worst game they've played all playoffs (not the worst imo, but it's up there. I still think game 5 vs. Florida was by far the worst). Whatever. Its over. Let's get game 2.

This. They sucked tonight. They admit it too, Kovy even said he thinks this is the worst game they've played all playoffs (not the worst imo, but it's up there. I still think game 5 vs. Florida was by far the worst). Whatever. Its over. Let's get game 2.

They didn't play very well the last two games of the Ranger series either, other than the fourth line but stole Game 5 cause Lundqvist sucked and after a good first period were fortunate to win Game 6 cause of Marty. I just hope they aren't running out of gas, we'll see in Game 2.

I still can't see the Kings going 10, 11-0 on the road in the playoffs and never being challenged. Teams just don't go through four rounds and blitz their way to a Cup with zero adversity. But this has been a crazy year anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Zidlicky was abysmal. We didn't play well and make smart decisions w the puck and yet we only lost in ot and had chances to win. Clarkson played way too much and was the second worst player out there.

Edited by devlman

I hate to get incredibly off-topic, but does anyone know of/know the status of the dude who fell in 229? I'm not exactly sure what happened or if someone else saw it but from what I heard he fell backwards down the stairs and hit his head on the glass siding by the railing. It was right before the pre-game pump up music and light show started so I can't imagine that was easy for the paramedics and Pru center staff. From the way the people around him were reacting, it looked like he got hurt pretty bad.

I hate to get incredibly off-topic, but does anyone know of/know the status of the dude who fell in 229? I'm not exactly sure what happened or if someone else saw it but from what I heard he fell backwards down the stairs and hit his head on the glass siding by the railing. It was right before the pre-game pump up music and light show started so I can't imagine that was easy for the paramedics and Pru center staff. From the way the people around him were reacting, it looked like he got hurt pretty bad.

I was I 230, probably about 10 seats fom where he fell. I saw a woman that showed she was crying. I literally was scared of the worse- some form of a heart attaché ( god forbid because it's a horrible thing to even mention). But it was immediately following the start of the light show and the ppl surrounding were extremely sad and they were gathering for a long time

I saw quite a few Kings fans there. What are the odds that they're fairweather Rags fans being faurweather Kings fans?

Haha not a bad guess. The odds that they are rags fans is pretty low.. The odds that they're fair weather? I'm guessing 75-76%

I was I 230, probably about 10 seats fom where he fell. I saw a woman that showed she was crying. I literally was scared of the worse- some form of a heart attaché ( god forbid because it's a horrible thing to even mention). But it was immediately following the start of the light show and the ppl surrounding were extremely sad and they were gathering for a long time

I saw the woman crying, and I agree, I was fearing the worst too. It was a really uneasy situation. However I saw that same woman back in her seats later on, so either she was with him and he was OK, or she was just a concerned bystander. Either way, I was hoping that one of his friends (or even he) is a poster on here and could just update everyone on his status. It definitely didn't look good from my vantage point.

I saw quite a few Kings fans there. What are the odds that they're fairweather Rags fans being faurweather Kings fans?

It's LA, I'm sure some of the Hollywood types flew in on their jets and got a limo ride lol.

Of course the seats directly in front of us were filled with opposition fans again, though at least it was two instead of four this time.

Always tough to lose a Game 1, especially in OT on home ice, but I have faith in DeBoer to make the necessary adjustments before Game 2. I'm just hoping to get a split at home and a split on the road now.

I got tired of hearing and reading about the Kings physicality during the days leading up to tonight, but I feel like I underestimated just how much of an impact it has. They were doing a great job of separating the attacking Devil from the puck on dump ins to prevent the Devils from getting pressure down low. The Devils still had some great shifts where they did get solid pressure but it seems like they were having trouble consistently doing this as the game went on and they couldn't bury their chances at all.

I wasn't too impressed with the Devils breaking out of their zone and all of those missed stretch passes were frustrating. I'm sure they'll be better in Game 2.

I hate to get on the guy since he was great in the first 2 rounds, but Zidlicky's game has been real frustrating ever since the start of the Rangers series. I do have to acknowledge he has been going up against tough competition these past 2 rounds but I'd like to see him just do more of the little things right. I'm not even asking him for his offensive game at this point, just make the defensive game sound. He's made a few dangerous turnovers and has been caught out of position the past few weeks. Hopefully he can elevate his game once again.

They didn't play very well the last two games of the Ranger series either, other than the fourth line but stole Game 5 cause Lundqvist sucked and after a good first period were fortunate to win Game 6 cause of Marty. I just hope they aren't running out of gas, we'll see in Game 2.

I still can't see the Kings going 10, 11-0 on the road in the playoffs and never being challenged. Teams just don't go through four rounds and blitz their way to a Cup with zero adversity. But this has been a crazy year anyway.

Its crazy to think the Kings can just march right to the Cup adversity free, but anything's possible I guess. One thing they do a great job at is taking the body to seperate the man from the puck when its deep in their defensive zone. They snuffed out our forecheck like that most of the night, and it limited any sustained pressure we tried to create. The Devils did start to dictate more later in the game, which is a good sign. But there is tons of work to be done.

I saw the woman crying, and I agree, I was fearing the worst too. It was a really uneasy situation. However I saw that same woman back in her seats later on, so either she was with him and he was OK, or she was just a concerned bystander. Either way, I was hoping that one of his friends (or even he) is a poster on here and could just update everyone on his status. It definitely didn't look good from my vantage point.

ok yea i see your point because if she's back in her seat, regardless, its straying from the worst.

i worried because when i saw the man lying on the steps (all i saw was the back of his Brodeur jersey) i didn't see him sitting up, or even move.. obviously, we gotta hope for the best

Just got home.. worst part was that the Kings didnt do anything to make us bad, we just sucked.

Didn't challenge the D

Didn't challenge Quick

Didn't forecheck like we did in previous rounds

Looked flat from the get go.

The only thing the Devs had going for them was LA was just as timid as they were.

Hope we didn't blow our load beating the Rags. :huh:

No killer instinct. They find ways to lose and tonight's no exception.

:troll1:

Do you purposely try to post the dumbest possible thing everytime you comment in a GDT? You are such a complete joke of a fan...the one good thing about the Devils ever going through a downturn someday is that you'll disappear...hopefully forever.

As for the game:

Not going to overreact to it...I made the mistake of doing that in Game 1 against the Flyers. There were times during the first two periods that the Devils looked slower and overwhelmed, but they didn't buckle...Marty made some huge saves, but of course that's not good enough for some Devils fans (what else is new?). Clearly they have to get more shots on goal and do a much better job of finishing opportunities than they did last night, but there were positives. The Devils deserve some kind of pass for having gotten this far, and it's not like they played horribly in this one...I have to see how Game 2 goes before criticizing them too much.

Last time I checked, the paper read "LA leads series 1-0." Nothing about LA having won the Cup. Long way to go in this one.

Last time I checked, the paper read "LA leads series 1-0." Nothing about LA having won the Cup. Long way to go in this one.

I know we've had a long time between series, but I guess people already forgot we were down 1-0 to the Flyers AND Rangers. Plus we have a winning OT record (4-2) this postseason, for once. I know people say there's more urgency to win Game 2 because it's a home series but after this team's postseason run they deserve a lot more slack than the trolls saying 'no killer instinct again'.