GDT SCF GAME 1: NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. KINGS

ZeroGravityFat

This was probably said already but Kovy was a disaster last night. He is obviously very injured and his mistakes are costing the team big time. I know it wont happen but I would ether play Tallinder and put Harrold in over Kovy or it Tallys not ready put in Sykora over Kovy. Sykora is slow but has about the same speed as Kovy right now and he has been better defensively.

That Kings breakout is a thing of beauty. Gotta give credit where it's due. We haven't faced something like that before.

Still have faith in DeBo & Co. They've made the proper adjustments after two Game 1 losses now. Let's make it three.

LGD!

Parise whiffing is already giving me a headache this morning. Whatever. It was obvious the Kings watched a lot of tape, the first and second periods the Devils were skating in sand trying to pass out of the zone on the breakouts. Played right into the Kings hands. Have to skate until you face pressure at least.

We MUST win game 2. Cannot go down 0-2 against this team or it might be a sweep. Zidlicky was terrible last night. He was getting knocked on his a s s the entire game and was supposed to be on Kopitar during that breakaway. Throughout the playoffs he has consistentently sucked for us.

We MUST win game 2. Cannot go down 0-2 against this team or it might be a sweep. Zidlicky was terrible last night. He was getting knocked on his a s s the entire game and was supposed to be on Kopitar during that breakaway. Throughout the playoffs he has consistentently sucked for us.

THIS. Minus the bolded part. He was great vs the Flyers. Cooled off vs the Rags and sucked last night.

We need to put hard shots on Quick, and preferably force him to move laterally. After the Queen, I'm not impressed at all with Quick's ability to go from side to side. We can't pass as much, their d is too good and too fast, and less interested in shot blocking than the Rags. Park some big bodies in the crease, then put shots on net from the circles and point. I'd consider playing Sykkie to see if he can work some magic with the shot, maybe put him on a line with Zubs.

Parise whiffing is already giving me a headache this morning. Whatever. It was obvious the Kings watched a lot of tape, the first and second periods the Devils were skating in sand trying to pass out of the zone on the breakouts. Played right into the Kings hands. Have to skate until you face pressure at least.

This. They also clearly watched the Devils forecheck, they were ready for a couple of the moves that beat the Rags and Flyers. We need to get a little more creative.

Edited by mouse

http://video.thescore.com/watch/kovalchuk-and-carter-share-salt

Can't figure out how to embed video. Any help?

I played in 1 of the Devils fantasy camp games on the Prudential Center ice following the game against the Blackhawks in March and I was amazed by how many of the smelling salts packets littered the bench area. I was also surprised by how high the benches sit compared to normal rinks like Mennen. Jim Dowd claims it keeps blood going to your feet while you sit on the bench. Little things that you would never think of.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

well at least now we know why we lost. May I change your socks? I like feet. I do not know why.

Sexy Rexy has been to a number of Devils games before. I don't like the Jets (mainly because of his incessant trash talking without having any substance to back it up) and generally don't like him as a coach, but I do like how he seems to be yelling at the refs in t he top picture.

Maybe he can pump up the team with one of his motivational speeches...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8Uxzoqzj0

Sexy Rexy has been to a number of Devils games before. I don't like the Jets (mainly because of his incessant trash talking without having any substance to back it up) and generally don't like him as a coach, but I do like how he seems to be yelling at the refs in t he top picture.

that was ridiculously awesome!

How nice was it to see a real hockey game though?

this is an adorable series because both teams are youthful. It's a mess a lot of the time out there but it's coming from such a great place on both sides. So many possibilities!!! Both sides have so many glaring holes. but both have such great energy and sense of fun and desperation. This was just a joy to watch! No matter the outcome they'll be saying "Whoa they'll be back..." at the end of it. So different from the Rangers where you think Yeah -- they'll clearly be back.... but when you really think about it there really is no where for them to go -- they're pretty boxed in whereas these 2 teams ... so fresh and exciting.

:wub: Great playoffs IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8Uxzoqzj0

Nah, that's Rex reacting when they put Antrell Rolle up on the jumbotron. Rex is pissed he didn't get to do a crowd pump-up video. Sorry, Rex only Super Bowl champs get a pump-up video. :P

Nah, that's Rex reacting when they put Antrell Rolle up on the jumbotron. Rex is pissed he didn't get to do a crowd pump-up video. Sorry, Rex only Super Bowl champs get a pump-up video. :P

Come to think of it, they put Chris Snee and his kids, Edge, and a few former Devils players on the jumbotron, and used the video of Antrell Rolle of the "Super Bowl Champion New York Giants" to pump up the crowd. But I didn't see a shot of Rex and his family throughout the game.

That Kings breakout is a thing of beauty. Gotta give credit where it's due. We haven't faced something like that before.

Still have faith in DeBo & Co. They've made the proper adjustments after two Game 1 losses now. Let's make it three.

LGD!

The Kings do a good job of passing by the forecheckers to breakout. I wonder maybe if we should try clogging the neutral zone more to try to block passes and ride the wings and center. This way their defense will have to carry more.

Come to think of it, they put Chris Snee and his kids, Edge, and a few former Devils players on the jumbotron, and used the video of Antrell Rolle of the "Super Bowl Champion New York Giants" to pump up the crowd. But I didn't see a shot of Rex and his family throughout the game.

That was probably strategic. :P

The Kings do a good job of passing by the forecheckers to breakout. I wonder maybe if we should try clogging the neutral zone more to try to block passes and ride the wings and center. This way their defense will have to carry more.

But the trap will ruin hockey!!! :giggle: