Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legion15

Montgomery High School group drums up support for Devils during Stanle

14 posts in this topic

Montgomery High School group drums up support for Devils during Stanley Cup run

NEWARK - It starts with a big hit.

A New Jersey Devils player lays out a member of another team. The crowd at the Prudential Center cheers wildly, but disjointedly.

For a group of Montgomery High School students, it’s time to go to work. Their drumsticks strike their polyethylene drum heads in perfect rhythm.

Thwack. Thwack. Thwack-thwack-thwack. Let’s go Dev-ils.

This group of teenagers, who two months ago hadn’t played to an audience larger than a high school football game, now lead a crowd of 17,625. And tonight, they’ll do it for hockey’s marquee event — the Stanley Cup Finals.

:cheers:

I noticed this recently, they are pretty awesome. I give it a thumbs up for sure

i went with a buddy to game 3 or 4 and i was getting a beer and they band came by banging away and he was impressed

NEWARK — It starts with a big hit.

A New Jersey Devils player lays out a member of another team. The crowd at the Prudential Center cheers wildly, but disjointedly.

For a group of Montgomery High School students, it’s time to go to work. Their drumsticks strike their polyethylene drum heads in perfect rhythm.

Thwack. Thwack. Thwack-thwack-thwack. Let’s go Dev-ils.

This article reads like it was written for a Montgomery High School descriptive writing class.

Edited by ben00rs

So those are the kids with the drums ... I was wondering. Awesome

It's awesome. Anyone complaining about it should get right the fvck out of the Rock.

When they poured out into the concourse after beating Florida in game 6 it was pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Its fantastic. One of the best ideas the Devils fan experience team has had for sure.

I also love them and hope they come back next season as well.

They should have a rotation of NJ high schools come in and play. It's too much for one school to do every home game, but if you get each group to do 3-4 games a season, they can make this work.

I remember them at the March game. This is awesome, Jerseyana if you will. This is good PR with the schools, etc. Maybe we get other schools involved each with different ideas/songs, etc. Then we can have every game covered.

this really was one of the coolest things about going to home games during these playoffs. these kids are awesome.

but playoffs only please?