Channel 7 says the Isles are in the Finals

ghdi

Atleast the talking head looks high in that picture. Complete joke of a news agency for sure.

not compared to all the other NY news channels. google "keep fvckin that chicken" by Ernie Anastos and "the fvck are you doing?" by Sue Simmonds lol *off topic*

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I believe LA's CBS affiliate showed a Sacramento Kings emblim during a story about the LA Kings in the playoffs about a month ago.

They did. At least that was somewhat "right". There's nothing to correlate the Devils and Islanders.

Channel 12 should be up there too. If you ever get a chance to see their interviews with players after games, they always spell incorrectly Bryce Salvador's last name. I always see SALVADORE on the screen :headless chicken:

During the Rangers vs Capitals series, the weather man was saying that the Washington Senators should prepare for good weather coming to NY :headless chicken:

I always get a kick out of news guys trying to pronounce hockey names this time of year. It's a combination of comical/pathetic.

Meanwhile, there is a chopper and truck reporting live while rummaging through the trash can outside Mariano Rivera's house.

Channel 12 should be up there too. If you ever get a chance to see their interviews with players after games, they always spell incorrectly Bryce Salvador's last name. I always see SALVADORE on the screen :headless chicken:

During the Rangers vs Capitals series, the weather man was saying that the Washington Senators should prepare for good weather coming to NY :headless chicken:

I remember maybe sometime last series Channel 11 (PIX) did a interview with Dano during I think the noon news, like I think it might have been before game 1 vs the rangers, he was standing right there and they couldn't pronounce his name right! "Din-eck-o"

I was like seriously? Dano should just slap him right there on the air!

Wow, all this crap just shows how little people care about hockey in the U.S. in the national scale...

On the other hand, I think it's kinda cool it's the Devils (of course it's cool, duh) and the Kings in the Finals out of all teams. Both are playing second fiddle to all the big name teams in their areas. Extra publicity and holding a Cup parade sure won't hurt.

The only decent American hockey media are puckdaddy and grantland. ESPN's a joke, and the local yutzes don't even know hockey exists (except the beat guys).

Is NHL Network/NHL Home Ice Canadian owned?

I havent the foggiest idea. There's NHL Network US and NHL Network Canada, but the studio is in Toronto. Same for home ice. There's Sirius US and Sirius Canada and Home Ice seems to emanate from Toronto.

ESPN owns Grantland lol

Yeah, but their clowns don't run it, Simmons does, and yes, I know Simmons is an ESPN employee, but the two sites are still much different.