SCF True Believers Thread

David Puddy

I just logged on here a few minutes ago. What happened to the Game 2 GDT? Did it disintegrate, LOL?

I read like 10 posts and it had descended into pointless bickering.

The Devils are really going to have to get some breaks to get back into this series, but I fully believe they can do it. There's just no margin for error now.

I read like 10 posts and it had descended into pointless bickering.

The Devils are really going to have to get some breaks to get back into this series, but I fully believe they can do it. There's just no margin for error now.

Ahhh, thanks. I hate when that happens.

Right now, I'm not interested in stats or debates. I don't care what Kevin Weekes or Barry Melrose think. I don't care about history. I don't care about the 2011 Bruins. I don't care about the fact that Kovalchuk nearly blew the roof off the Rock in the dying seconds yesterday. I don't care that we have two goals in two games. I'm not interested in any cliche quotes the Devils will say to the media who are hungry to pounce on anything. This team has come too far to just be written off. The only thing I can muster up, is "Let's Go Devils." I have faith.

I was mad at Marty after last night's game...won't lie. If he stopped that Doughty shot we would have won 1-0 in regulation. He did have a great game and did make a ton of spectacular saves...but he needed to be the difference last night and "steal " a game for us at home...and he couldn't do it. Quick did it twice in our building....

I was mad at Marty after last night's game...won't lie. If he stopped that Doughty shot we would have won 1-0 in regulation. He did have a great game and did make a ton of spectacular saves...but he needed to be the difference last night and "steal " a game for us at home...and he couldn't do it. Quick did it twice in our building....

well it helps if we scored more

Thinking about it, and talking about it, I want both Tallinder and Larsson in there. We need some risk.

Tallinder-Larrson

Greene-Fayne

Salvadaor-Zidlicky

volchenkov has done nothing to deserve to be removed from the lineup. he was responsible for the one goal in game 1 and had several shots on goal last night as well as playing well in the d zone. i'm fine w/ one of larsson/tallinder in for harrold and i think it should be larsson. tallinder hasn't played since january. i appreciate how good he is, but now is not the time to insert someone like that back into the lineup.

Edited by sundstrom

I just logged on here a few minutes ago. What happened to the Game 2 GDT? Did it disintegrate, LOL?

People started ripping on the team after te kings scored and did so until the devils scored and that stopped until the kings scored and then the whole sweep and we are toast posts started coming up.

It was frustrating but I'm not giving up on this series until it is truly over.

Absolutely correct

volchenkov has done nothing to deserve to be removed from the lineup. he was responsible for the one goal in game 1 and had several shots on goal last night as well as playing well in the d zone. i'm fine w/ one of larsson/tallinder in for harrold and i think it should be larsson. tallinder hasn't played since january. i appreciate how good he is, but now is not the time to insert someone like that back into the lineup.

I think Harrold's played just fine also.

Thinking about it, and talking about it, I want both Tallinder and Larsson in there. We need some risk.

Tallinder-Larrson

Greene-Fayne

Salvadaor-Zidlicky

i dont know is zids hurt or not, sal has not missed a game, would be bold to bench him

no risk no fun

i think harrold looked ok...im not big on making a change for psychological reasons hah, if they do it or not it doesnt matter who is who, that goes for the whole team. pulling sal would shake up the locker room for sure.

edit:also, lars and tally have been talking strategy in the pressbox, would be juicy to see what they can do together.

Edited by lazer

zid surprisingly had several good looks last night, and obviously set up our only goal. i honestly don't know what i would like to see done with this lineup

really i think we are at a point where our stars need to step up

Marty almost pulled a Bryzgalov a few times in this series, and the Rags series. He's playing well, but the childish, flashy sh!t has to stop, along with the soft goals.

The D situation is a sticky one. I'd love to get some fresh legs out there tomorrow night and get this comeback started, but it's tough to see who to sit. Volchenkov in all honesty has to puck up his physical play. To me, it seems that ever since Zach Rinaldo hit him in the Series winning game vs Philly, he's been sort of timid. He had one good hit on Hagelin in the Rags series and a few hits last night, but he's gotta pick it up, or I'd sit him in favor of Tallinder.

LGD. Let's do it.

Of course it's Marty's fault. Why wouldn't he be, he's only been stellar so far.

I'm not saying it is his fault, but he could have stole Game 2 for us and didn't...

Yes you can point to our inept offense as well, but we did get the *1* goal. Marty could have made it the game winner if he did not allow the Doughty shot to go by him...

Edited by ThreeCups