SCF True Believers Thread

David Puddy

I know I have been an a$$hole tonight..

But in no way have I doubted my team. Of course I'm pissed tht we've lost another game in OT, and I'm pissed we're goin back to LA...

But I am just not impressed with LA's play. We are the team that's rebounded every tIke, it's gonna be tough but if we wake up, we can do it..

Let's go devils!!!!

You're right about not being impressed by LA's play. I'm not either. Even at a glance we WERE the better team, Fayne missed Game 1 off a bad bounce and Kovy hit the crossbar with Quick having no shot at blocking it. I'm never one to blame luck for a loss but I'll make an exception this time. No way it carries over into game 3!! I expect to see a fired up Parise, semi-awake Kovalchuk, and one VERY pissed off and hungry 4th line.

LETS GO DEVILS

We need larsson cause we need better decisions with the puck from our zone,. Or our guys to just get their sh!t together and make better decisions... Its unaceptable how often we have possession and that they cant get the puck to our forwards cleanly.

We need larsson cause we need better decisions with the puck from our zone,. Or our guys to just get their sh!t together and make better decisions... Its unaceptable how often we have possession and that they cant get the puck to our forwards cleanly.

Yeah. I hate watching a battle at center ice just to send a half-assed pass to one of our forwards just to mishandle and have it cleared. While we do have an outstanding forecheck when we're actually working, they're clearly bigger. That doesn't mean much but we wont win as many head-on attempts as we would normally like to try. Everything has to be played deep in their zone and quick and clean. We arent getting ANYTHING done from our snipers at the blue line.

I'm not prepared to count on a 19 year old in his second playoff game to be that much of a spark against this Kings team. The series is even on the ice bar two goals in OT.

If we got blown out, all bets would be off concerning personnel, but its been nip and tuck for two games.

No changes needed in terms of who plays, we need tactical adjustments.

I'm not prepared to count on a 19 year old in his second playoff game to be that much of a spark against this Kings team. The series is even on the ice bar two goals in OT.

If we got blown out, all bets would be off concerning personnel, but its been nip and tuck for two games.

Well from a player standpoint look at it this way. If your team was down and you had little playing time compared to the others wouldn't you want nothing more in the world than to go out and just light it up? While he may be young and inexperienced in this position of the season whose to say he won't shock us? They all had to start somewhere. Not trying to downplay what you're saying, you're probably right. But I'm just searching for a positive in this, like I said, never know.

Big tactical adjustements... I mean... Im annoying myself repeating this but its true... How can you get great opportunities when you give away possession from our dzone ? You have possession and you just throw away the puck? So youre back defending and trying to get back possession. And throwing it in the neutral zone hoping for a forward to pick it up or win a fight... So we may eventually endup in the other zone... But to me if you have possession on your end and time and space, you should be able to make a clean breakout... The devils dont... 90% of the passes are realllllllly bad, either way too hard so he forward cant handle it, a dump so the puck is bouncing, 10 feet in front of the guy.. Etc etc...

Well from a player standpoint look at it this way. If your team was down and you had little playing time compared to the others wouldn't you want nothing more in the world than to go out and just light it up? While he may be young and inexperienced in this position of the season whose to say he won't shock us? They all had to start somewhere. Not trying to downplay what you're saying, you're probably right. But I'm just searching for a positive in this, like I said, never know.

Oh I agree with that completely, but at the same time, I did not see anything from any of our defenseman that warrants a benching. The series is extremely close besides the 2-0 margin. Two lucky breaks and we're the ones up 2-0. I just don't think it's a warranted move, but if PDB decided to go with Larsson, I'd support it and hope for the best, just as I am if its the same lineup as the first 2 games. I think the problem has less to do with the defense than the forwards/power play.

Big tactical adjustements... I mean... Im annoying myself repeating this but its true... How can you get great opportunities when you give away possession from our dzone ? You have possession and you just throw away the puck? So youre back defending and trying to get back possession. And throwing it in the neutral zone hoping for a forward to pick it up or win a fight... So we may eventually endup in the other zone... But to me if you have possession on your end and time and space, you should be able to make a clean breakout... The devils dont... 90% of the passes are realllllllly bad, either way too hard so he forward cant handle it, a dump so the puck is bouncing, 10 feet in front of the guy.. Etc etc...

Why big changes? The scoring in this series is 2-2 in regulation. Its not like we're getting blown out. They're not getting the puck down low and no one is screening Quick at all. The missed shots have hurt more than anything, especially in Game 1.

Making massive changes and personnel changes in a series that is this close on the ice can backfire. The power play has been non-existent and our star players haven't done anything at all in the Finals. I don't think that's the cause of any one guy. No one deserves to be benched in this situation.

Why big changes? The scoring in this series is 2-2 in regulation. Its not like we're getting blown out. They're not getting the puck down low and no one is screening Quick at all. The missed shots have hurt more than anything, especially in Game 1.

Making massive changes and personnel changes in a series that is this close on the ice can backfire. The power play has been non-existent and our star players haven't done anything at all in the Finals. I don't think that's the cause of any one guy. No one deserves to be benched in this situation.

its not that someone deserves to be benched... its about having someone on the backend with a good vision who can make solid outlet passes, we had zids... but something is wrong with him... the best breakout pass from game 2 was from kovalchuk with a bomb to clarkson on the blueline. Same thing with his bomb pass to Poni against philly... other than that we havent seen a whole lot of great passes to get the puck out of our zone. Look at LA's breakout... its simply beautiful... tic tac toe all the way with guys wide open... its either that our guys are not covering the wingers on theirs or that they are covering our wingers too well... bottom line... we cant get the puck out "cleanly", not at all

I pretty much had a mental breakdown during and after game 2. I'm at that point where you can't get much lower and all you can do is believe that they are capable of coming back. This team has conquered adversity a lot this post season when I thought they would crumble. Why not conquer it now? Go Devils!

So far, this series has reminded me a lot of the series with Philly. Lost Game 1, a game where we were outplayed for most of the contest, in OT. Fell behind early in Game 2, but began executing the gameplan and playing a better game. The difference is that we ended up losing Game 2, but the progression was there.

Keep swarming it up. This series can be ours.

haven't posted much because of superstitions since when i stay off the site on gamedays we win but can't hold anything back now. I, I, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN, I BELIEVE THAT I WILL WIN, I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN. LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!

LOL, good one! ... Perfect timing for that chant. ... We need a fan video for it.

Edited by 95Crash

I totally agree, and in Game 1 we were controlling the OT and had several good chances to score before a "questionable" line change allowed Kopitar to get a semi breakaway on Marty. And in Game 2 we were clearly the better team for most of that game. It is easy to say games can go either way but in this case it is absolutely true. Anybody who watched these 1st two games that doesn't think we are right there with them is not watching the same games. Tonight it would be nice to take the 1 - 0 lead rather than claw at trying to tie it up.

We take a lead then maybe we will see a few chinks in their supposed armor. . .

I still believe... I'm proud of the Devils no matter what we've fought tough. We've had 2 very tight games that can really go either way. Everyone doubts us , and know one but our army believes... LETS GO DEVILS ... Prove all those scallywags wrong!

I'm not saying it is his fault, but he could have stole Game 2 for us and didn't...

Yes you can point to our inept offense as well, but we did get the *1* goal. Marty could have made it the game winner if he did not allow the Doughty shot to go by him...

he's 40, playing in his 18th year. There's no surprises here. The team knows he cant get the SO anymore & need to score 2 per game, minimum.

If they dont get 2, the odds of them winning a game are very, very, very low.

he's 40, playing in his 18th year. There's no surprises here. The team knows he cant get the SO anymore & need to score 2 per game, minimum.

If they dont get 2, the odds of them winning a game are very, very, very low.

It was quite possible to get the SO the other night. If he stopped the Doughty shot, the shutout was on...