• Netherlands
    • Greece
    • Denmark
    • Czech Republic
    • Poland
    • Croatia
    • Sweden
    • Republic of Ireland

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

I picked Portugal to finish second, so I'm happy. So far I've picked 5 of 6 correctly. If only I'd picked Greece instead of Poland...

I picked Portugal to finish second, so I'm happy. So far I've picked 5 of 6 correctly. If only I'd picked Greece instead of Poland...

So i'm curious.. Who have you picked for the last group ? ; )

Thats what everyone thought in 2004. Dont count out the Greeks until they are out. They will give Germany a good game.

Yeah the last bit of my post sort of covers that.

Last nights games were by far the most boring and un entertaining out of the whole tournament.

Barcelona showed up instead of Spain again and spent the entire evening trying to pass the ball into the net, which they eventually did. If i was Llorente i would be going crazy right now. If Rakitic heads the ball into the ground its 1-0 with 15 minutes to go. Croatia deserverd better, and Luka Modric was incredible.

Italy made a useless Ireland side look half decent.

Tonight i see France beating a terrible Sweden team, and England scraping a draw against Ukraine. Then again i am probably wrong.

Thats what everyone thought in 2004. Dont count out the Greeks until they are out. They will give Germany a good game.

Greece didn't lose any of their 10 qualifiers and gave up just 5 goals in the process. They will be very difficult to beat. It would be nice to get a quick goal, but I doubt even then Greece will open up. Maybe the last 3 minutes, but not before. Won't be the most entertaining game to watch for sure. More like watching a chess match.

So i'm curious.. Who have you picked for the last group ? ; )

England takes the group, France in second, though if I was picking today I'd pick France over England.

Mouse... see.. you were right again...

aaaah my good old french team... i missed you ; )

Pathetic when needed !

However... Over the past 800 years, France fought in 185 military Battles and won 132 of them, giving the French military the best record of any country in Europe...

Not related ? I don't think so...

ahem...

; )

I was completely wrong again. Good thing i dont bet on sports!!

What a goal by Ibrahimovich.

Mouse... see.. you were right again...

First time I've picked a decent bracket in any sport since I was about 8. Of course I didn't put money on this one.

However... Over the past 800 years, France fought in 185 military Battles and won 132 of them, giving the French military the best record of any country in Europe...

Not related ? I don't think so...

ahem...

; )

Take out the battles won by Napoleon and Louis XIV or where they allied themselves with another nation/kingdom/empire and you are prob down to less than 20.

Edited by DevsMan84

The 185 battles is with french only

and why will i take out the Napoleon & Louis XIV battles ? ; )

The 185 battles is with french only

and why will i take out the Napoleon & Louis XIV battles ? ; )

Those are the only French kings/emperors who actually conquered sh!t in the past 800 years.

Anyways let's go Germany!

Those are the only French kings/emperors who actually conquered sh!t in the past 800 years.

Still i don't see your point there... Even if that was true, why remove them from the total ?

And of course, it's false... You obviously forgot about Philippe Auguste, Henri IV, Louis XIII (you may know " Le cardinal de Richelieu" who was his prime minister) and so many more...

Anyways let's go Germany!

Oh about the Euro ? Yep... Go Germany ! We agree on that...

I root for them. Mostly coz i always was a fan of this team... and also coz they are the best chance to beat Spain !

Loew with a really purposeful team selection. Germany flying out the blocks.

25 minutes gone and it should be about 4-0.

Loew with a really purposeful team selection. Germany flying out the blocks.

Right after I picked Podolski over Kolse for my fantasy team this round, thinking Klose wouldn't start and Podolski would.

Right after I picked Podolski over Kolse for my fantasy team this round, thinking Klose wouldn't start and Podolski would.

I would imagine Podolski will get a run out in the second half. especially if they keep missing these chances.

A well deserved victory for Germany, but for a while it looked like the Greeks might get away with their defend only tactic. Thank goodness they responded quickly to the equalizer.

A well deserved victory for Germany, but for a while it looked like the Greeks might get away with their defend only tactic. Thank goodness they responded quickly to the equalizer.

Nice win today, two more to go. It amazes me how many options they have. The team is the youngest of the tournament, but they have an unbelievable coolness. Even after the 1-1 they didn't seem to be nervous at all. Really good. Let's see how they play against England/Italy, but I think whoever they play they have a good chance. There is just so much quality.

The way Germany started yesterday, I was stunned it wasn't 3-0 by half. The Greeks had some moments and capitalized on some German laziness.

Germany has looked good, but I don't think they can beat Spain if that final is destined.

Germany got all they need to beat this Spain team... Spain doesnt like to defend and can't. People against them are usualy afraid of their middlefield & couldn't catch the ball. Germany will not have such a problem and could have a more physical impact...

This is not the same matchup than 2 years ago !

Oh and French team sucks.. so much.

Only good point, hopefully we will get ride of Laurent Blanc !

Spain have given up 1 goal this entire tournament! They're still the team to beat IMO. Germany has lapses like they did against Greece and they will lose to Spain.