Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhillyDev

Quicksand

29 posts in this topic

Who cares? Devils in 7. Just win one game.

I care, because Marty has been standing on his head all series, while his teammates are on vacation. If Marty allows just one soft goal, the Kings could win. Marty only stops pucks. He can't skate down the ice and score goals, too. He needs a little offensive support. I want him to win his fourth Cup. He's such a nice and talented guy. I met him at a book signing. I don't see him retiring for another 10 years or more. He's in great shape and loves to play. I want him to keep breaking records and win 10 Cups.

I care, because Marty has been standing on his head all series, while his teammates are on vacation. If Marty allows just one soft goal, the Kings could win. Marty only stops pucks. He can't skate down the ice and score goals, too. He needs a little offensive support. I want him to win his fourth Cup. He's such a nice and talented guy. I met him at a book signing. I don't see him retiring for another 10 years or more. He's in great shape and loves to play. I want him to keep breaking records and win 10 Cups.

Dude, three of the four games have been coin flips. The players are hustling. Kovalchuk got crushed early on the forecheck, a hit that I thought would take him out, yet was seen on the next shift finishing checks in deep.

Look at the first goal on Wednesday. Elias, Sykora and Zubrus cycled the puck and won a ton of battles and eventually got rewarded with a goal. Puck luck is starting to turn. When teams are matched this evenly and playing this good whoever is getting the bounces is going to win.

Again, I reiterate some ignorant kid at a computer thinks he's got the "key insight" that guys that have been playing "world-stage" hockey almost every day of their lives, since they were sipping milk, along with people that have coached and strategized the games for years.... simply have not thought of yet? :giggle:

Yet he somehow sees what few else do from his TV screen.

When will some folks learn that the theater of NHL hockey is far more complex than the simplicities we see.

Although I love talking shop here ..... sometimes I long for the days before the internet.

Edited by DevilinLA

I just love that he thinks Marty is gonna play another ten years.