GDT Game 5: LA Queens @ NJ Devils

mouse

this few posts?

what a game - great third period. devils might've trailed 9-3 in shots but they really held the kings to the outside, played a smart period from the penalty on.

Marty should be charged cuz he stole the game. Kings played some of their best hockey and we still won. Simply amazing. One point of constructive criticism, devils need to play physically...consistently. That having been said, zidlicky taking the body to stop Williams brought a tear to my eye. Haha

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think Hedberg should've started every fourth game? :giggle:

Lol no. Of course, I said that (or something like that) in a world where we were a decent team. We all learned (including this team) that we could play during the Flyers series.

Sung to the tune of "Benny and the Jets" ... Muh Muh Muh Marty and the D.

I thought it sounded a little bandish myself. Because u found a nice tune to match it we won't change it to, "Marty and the no-names."

This team has something the Kings don't have and that's heart and character. Basically, the Confederate Army was in better shape physically after the battle of Gettysburg than this team currently is in the SCF. Yet, they are leaving it all on the ice.

I keep reading on chat how bad our D is except for the fact that most of the guys are all probably pretty banged up.

LGD!! Anyone else notice the "YOU ROCK!" on the board when everyone was saying "YOU SUCK!" Thought it was kinda weird lol

They've been doing that since at least January.. They'd like to change you suck to you rock.. It's a whole big debate

They've been doing that since at least January.. They'd like to change you suck to you rock.. It's a whole big debate

I would too. We have gotten into this debate pretty hardcore on these boards before, so I don't want to re-up that argument but I'm glad to see the team is trying to do something about it.

NO MERCY!!

We we're just as much, or more aggravated when we lost game 1 and 2 in OT. ;)

Yeah I don't want to hear about Game 2 ever again after tonight. We really played a Ranger-style game tonight, from being hemmed in our own end for the majority of the game to blocking shots and being opportunistic.

Well mouse, your audible has proved successful, I praise you.

And let's fvcking goooooo!!! I just got off work so I'll try and find the replay/ highlights and hope to see we played well al around.

We forced a game 6!! Let's goooo!!

dont forget the hits

True, there was a lot more chippiness than in the first four games.

Looking at the highlights, I can't believe how close Quick actually came to stopping that Zach shot, man. But it's about time we were able to take advantage of his not-so-hot puckhandling. And Zach looked like he was in beast mode tonight, perhaps all the criticism of him not doing much in the first four games got him fired up. But this game was mostly about Marty.

sorry if this has been posted already but did anyone catch this? i was watching the game at a sports bar and haven't been online

nhl.jpg

Hahahaha that's great.

Good, I'm sure there are even more pathetic people from LA that those fans could have held

Edited by Onddeck

What's with all the Kings fans coming out of the woodwork?

If you're referring to the arena tonight, it's not a surprise really. A weekend game with a chance to clinch their first-ever Cup, and especially given the fact tickets plus airfare here are cheaper than tickets there meant a lot of visiting fans tonight. A lot being a relative term, this wasn't anywhere near Ranger fan totals. Probably around the number of Flyer fans that came to the second round (which wasn't in double digits in terms of percentage).

At least our fans were a LOT better than in the first two games tonight.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If you're referring to the arena tonight, it's not a surprise really. A weekend game with a chance to clinch their first-ever Cup, and especially given the fact tickets plus airfare here are cheaper than tickets there meant a lot of visiting fans tonight. A lot being a relative term, this wasn't anywhere near Ranger fan totals. Probably around the number of Flyer fans that came to the second round (which wasn't in double digits in terms of percentage).

At least our fans were a LOT better than in the first two games tonight.

I am not familiar at all with their fan base or if they have strong attendance numbers

I don't believe this, but I guess LA is an event town - even so, I still don't believe that tickets + airfare here ends up being cheaper for Kings fans.

I don't believe this, but I guess LA is an event town - even so, I still don't believe that tickets + airfare here ends up being cheaper for Kings fans.

Well tickets were supposedly in the four digits for Game 4, so yeah a thousand plus there is gonna be more expensive than two hundred plus airfare and a hotel here probably, depending on how long you stay and where you fly.