‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I think if we don't hear in the next 30 minutes that he signed, then he's gone. I can't see him hitting the open market and staying with us.

If we don't hear anything in the next 30 minutes something strange would be afoot, after the public 10 AM deadline got floated it's now 11 AM with no word if he's going UFA or not. You'd think if the answer to Lou was no it would have hit the media by 10:15-10:20.

The fact it's even taking this long suggests we have a chance if it gets past noon unless teams come out of left field with crazy offers like Ottawa (at least they're a playoff team, unlike the Wild).

I just figured Kypreos was a reliable source but you're right, that doesn't make it true.

He's gotten so much wrong when it comes to the Devils I can't take him seriously. Like with saying Clarkson wanted out lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

If we don't hear anything in the next 30 minutes something strange would be afoot, after the public 10 AM deadline got floated it's now 11 AM with no word if he's going UFA or not. You'd think if the answer to Lou was no it would have hit the media by 10:15-10:20.

The fact it's even taking this long suggests we have a chance if it gets past noon unless teams come out of left field with crazy offers like Ottawa (at least they're a playoff team, unlike the Wild)

I agree it's a good sign that we haven't heard anything either way so far, which is why I'm giving it 30 minutes. I think if by 11:30 we still don't hear anything, it's a good bet he's going UFA.

GoodBye Zach...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Zach Parise is going to market. NJD not necessarily "out" but everyone else is "in." Start your engines.

Edited by moustic

I still think he's going to re-sign.

I would give it a 1% chance. Other teams would really have to give him underwhelming offers, which is not going to happen. If he's decided to go UFA, that means he's willing to entertain other options, which certainly will be higher than the Devils. Let it go, he's gone.

Edited by Amberite

I would give it a 1% chance. Other teams would really have to give him underwhelming offers, which is not going to happen. If he's decided to go UFA, that means he's willing to entertain other offers, which certainly will be higher than the Devils. Let it go, he's gone.

It's possible he just wants to stay here but thinks he can get more money out of Lou.

It's possible he just wants to stay here but thinks he can get more money out of Lou.

Yea, but it's a pipe dream. Lou knows how much money he'll get on the open market - it isn't exactly a secret. Lou already gave him his best offer, and Parise rejected it. It's unrealistic to think that Lou will suddenly up it once he sees the great offers from other teams.

Edited by Amberite

Yea, but it's a pipe dream. Lou knows how much money he'll get on the open market - it isn't exactly a secret. Lou already gave him his best offer, and Parise rejected it. It's unrealistic to think that Lou will suddenly up it once he sees the great offers from other teams, which he already knows Parise will get.

How do we know? That is all just speculation. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm not trying to sound like SatansDevils here when he said with 100% certainty that Gomez would re-sign and there was no chance of him going to the Rangers, but I just still have a hunch he is staying here.

So much for Ken Holland not going after Parise. Red Wings have a meeting scheduled with Parise at opening of FA.

Or Sundstrom was lying.

I don't want to think Sundstrom would mislead us. But he may have misinterpreted what Holland meant by saying "don't worry about him". Almost a Lou-like response.

I think it was clear that Sundstrom was saying to take it with a grain of salt, and that Holland was likely joking around.

1) Daniel was there - he heard it too.

2) I was very clear with the story that while that's exactly what Holland said, none of us should have taken it to be gospel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.