‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Well, maybe he wasn't at that conclusion at noon on the 1st? Stop being nonsensical.

Just my opinion on it. I think he knew he was signing in Minnesota and dragged this sh!t out. Either that or he had to suck his boyfriend Sutter off to convince him to sign in Minnesota.

They can both go fvck themselves.

I have always been a fan of the Devils, albeit living in Michigan.

Between 1994 and 2012, we've had vastly different looking teams with superstars emerging that we hated to see leave.

Every year the Devils have made the right moves to stay competitive. They have been enjoyable to watch -even when they made the monsterous push but fell short of the playoffs. Outside of the Wings and Devils are there really any franchises that have done what they've done in the past 20 years?

It was tough to see players leave from every one of those teams, Parise is no different. He's not necessarily leaving for the money, but a desire to play in his hometown, similar to what Rafalski did :) Honestly, this was a two team race from when July 1st rolled around.

Did Parise and Suter talk about this, hell yeah they did. Anything wrong with that? Hell no. I don't know if the Devils not being players in the Suter market was the death blow.

Will the Devils do what they did this year, next year? Probably not. But this playoff run was just awesome to watch. Knowing it might be Parise's last run with the team made every game a must-watch for me. Powering through the Flyers and Rangers after surviving a scare against Florida was amazing. Standing up to the Kings, and ultimately losing in 6? Nothing to be ashamed of.

One thing Parise did is set himself apart from the likes of Holik and Gomez. Guys have left and rubbed people the wrong way, but guys like Parise and Rafalski were class acts.

Zach was a terrific Devil. He outplayed his contract here by a wide margin. Losing him will hurt but his career in NJ should be appreciated at some point, if it not necessarily today.

I feel OK with it today. I'm disappointed, but don't feel betrayed. It's free agency.

One thing Parise did is set himself apart from the likes of Holik and Gomez. Guys have left and rubbed people the wrong way, but guys like Parise and Rafalski were class acts.

Have you not read these boards today? Parise has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way this week.

Zach's not going to a competitor so it's cool. We'll have to beat the Wild on November 11th. 13 years is a careless deal for Parise imo. Zach's style of play will begin to affect him in the next 5 seasons.

I'm fine with Kovy as the guy over Parise anyway. Guy is developing his two way play while still managing to be a goal scoring machine. Plus, I've never seen ZP go to the mattresses with an opposing player unlike Kovy.

Edited by CarpathianForest

Rafalski never rubbed me the wrong way. The guy twiddled his thumbs waiting on Nieds in 2006 and didn't leave Lou in the lurch then. He probably would have come back again if Detroit didn't get involved last minute after losing Schnieder to the Ducks.

Parise's another story though. And yeah the reason it took three days is obviously he needed to convince Suter to come. Perhaps the Wild's offer to Suter wasn't as enticing as the Red Wings or other teams' at first and they had to negotiate the Wild up on Suter since clearly Suter took the most and didn't even bother to let Nashville try to match.

Have you not read these boards today? Parise has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way this week.

Maybe people like yourself who don't understand the full spectrum of what goes through a players mind.

Then again, I'm sure you rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with your comment above mine.

I'm not here to argue with someone who throws out 8th grade insults at people.

Maybe people like yourself who don't understand the full spectrum of what goes through a players mind.

Then again, I'm sure you rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with your comment above mine.

I'm not here to argue with someone who throws out 8th grade insults at people.

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125790

the poll shows how Parise rubbed people the wrong way. He's going to get booed all night long that night but yeah you're right, we all don't understand the full spectrum of what goes through a players mind. What a load of bs.

Perhaps the Wild's offer to Suter wasn't as enticing as the Red Wings or other teams' at first and they had to negotiate the Wild up on Suter since clearly Suter took the most and didn't even bother to let Nashville try to match.

Well before July 1st, Minnesota said they would not be "out bid" on Parise and Suter if they hit the open market.

There were claims Nashville made a strong push at the end. Detroit had to UP their offer to Suter yesterday when Holland flew out there.

For Minnesota, this was a huge task -not just overpaying for points and players, but to legitimize hockey in the state.

I don't know Suter, but they say he's more of a low key player. He can drive to the arena that is close to his home and be in a market where he's not being groomed to be the next Lidstrom and under a microscope.

I've never read ANYONE on here say anything negative when Rafalski left, other than sadness that we couldnt keep him. We knew why Brian left. He was not going to get the deal he got from the Wings here that year.

sh!t, I think Gomez actually is easier to swallow after this thing with Zach. Gomez ran the moment he could and made no mistake about why he did it. He wanted the paycheck and the chance to play on Broadway and did so quickly. Everyone knew he was going to leave. He got what he wanted and played, badly. Niedermayer at least took a lesser offer to go play with his sister + we won cups with Gomez, Holik, and Niedermayer.

What did we win with Zach? An Eastern Conference Championship and 1 G in the Final from our captain.

I respect his game and the fact he hustled and never took a shift off. No one is taking anything away from Zach's talent, but all that talk about playing for a contender and such was hogwash. He's going to need all the luck he can to succeed on a Minnesota team with 0 depth and a terrible coach.

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125790

the poll shows how Parise rubbed people the wrong way. He's going to get booed all night long that night but yeah you're right, we all don't understand the full spectrum of what goes through a players mind. What a load of bs.

like i said it REALLY goes both ways... im SURE he would have signed a right contract in NJ if he was approach at the right time. Thats on Lou... he was put in a situation that he could more and more get his foot out of the door and he actually looked outside like anyone would do so thats why im not 100% pissed at zach... but my 50% is still REALLY mad at him lol

then i know about the ownership thing but again even without that ownership thing, Lou would NOT have approach him any faster we know Lou so it would have been the same results. PLUS the ownership situation is not even settled and they made a pitch at Zach so he could have done it earlier

Edited by SterioDesign

like i said it REALLY goes both ways... im SURE he would have signed a right contract in NJ if he was approach at the right time. Thats on Lou... he was put in a situation that he could more and more get his foot out of the door and he actually looked outside like anyone would do so thats why im not 100% pissed at zach... but my 50% is still REALLY mad at him lol

It's not on Lou. Zach was prepared to sign a deal, but was waived off on it by people who "had his best interests at heart."

then i know about the ownership thing but again even without that ownership thing, Lou would NOT have approach him any faster we know Lou so it would have been the same results. PLUS the ownership situation is not even settled and they made a pitch at Zach so he could have done it earlier

It's not on Lou. Zach was prepared to sign a deal, but was waived off on it by people who "had his best interests at heart."

Carp summed it. This isn't Lous fault.

It's true Lou did this the wrong way - he was naive thinking Zach was a loyal player. The game isn't what it used to be. The last of the old, principled guard of players is gone. He should have tried to sign Zach earlier if he wanted to keep him. Hell, maybe he was waiting to see if he'd have the money. But this is probably a good thing - we now have money to spend elsewhere. 13/98 for Zach is ridiculous. He's worth 10/65.

I respect his game and the fact he hustled and never took a shift off. No one is taking anything away from Zach's talent, but all that talk about playing for a contender and such was hogwash. He's going to need all the luck he can to succeed on a Minnesota team with 0 depth and a terrible coach.

Minnesota was the best team in hockey after getting off to a 20-7-3 start last year.

Injuries happened, Backstrom can only bail you out of so many games and then the team collapses. You are 100% correct, their depth dried up too and they couldn't score more than 2 goals per game.

The West is wide open right now, there is so much parity. Maybe Parise can prove how much of a leader he is. Sometimes that more valuable than point production.

You forgot to call him a queer, too.

And a queer. :lol:

any truth to this?

Rumor: Lou and the New Jersey Devils will file a tampering suit against Minnesota and their GM for leaking contract details of UFA Zach Parise prior to July 1

:pray:

any truth to this?

Rumor: Lou and the New Jersey Devils will file a tampering suit against Minnesota and their GM for leaking contract details of UFA Zach Parise prior to July 1

sue them for 98 million dollars.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.