• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

2,874 posts in this topic

Can't win em all, Seth. O well.

you know, I know its all just a joke, but if someone makes it clear they're not comfortable being called a certain name, its a nice gesture to stop it. no skin off your back to do so.

Sucks. I dreaded this. But at the least it wasn't Philly,Pitts etc. Was home, same as Suter family and friends mean more then winning all the time. Minn has offense with Heatley,Koivu, Setoguchi( think that's how you spell it) and a young Offense hard hitting prospect with Dumba. They will be good coming years. But family is more to alot of players. Rafalski,Suter,did it. Luongo wants to go to Florida where his Wife lives. Garrison is from around Vancouver. It's respectable to go back home. I don't ever stint Zach on going home. He has credited us since he has left the devils. But didn't wish he said he wants to remain a devil which is why so many are blasting him. Cut it out already. He's gone dead and gone drop it. It's Kovy now and Henrique. No one expected what Henrique did last year maybe he's our new Parise. He can play 1st line if needed. Practically won 2 Playoff series for us to.

Its against the law to return to your hometown though. Thats what I dont get. Why did the NHL allow this? Why did George Parros return home? Like, what the fvck.

Parise still pulls for his old team and laments its recent struggles, especially the struggle to get a new arena built.

"There is such a good fan base," he said. "Sometimes I watch games and say, 'Holy cripes, what's going on here? All the empty seats!' "

That's his father talking about the Islanders Genius, Not Zach.

EXACTLY.

As a CAPTAIN of a team in the STANLEY CUP FINALS.

Good grief. This is just getting worse folks.

The guy was a fraud, let's just be honest here.

You know, I bailed on this place for a few years because of posters like you. I was hoping things would be different this time. Guess not.

1 person likes this

Now I understand burning your Devils Parise jersey but today I witnessed someone burning their USA Parise jersey....really?

Now I understand burning your Devils Parise jersey but today I witnessed someone burning their USA Parise jersey....really?

doh1.gif Idiot. One of the most classless things I have ever heard. I have a signed USA "C" Langs jersey - It remains well protected. I don't often say this but, "he is not a real fan."

Edited by ben00rs

I would have burned langy Jersey no matter what it is, but then again I never liked him to but anything of him.

i disagree, loved langenbrunner. got his retro green jersey, but as i said before it was in march or april of the other year, right before he got in a fight with the coach and all that and they sunk vs philly in the playoffs. that was about the time it arrived in the mail. sucked. I thought at the time elias and marty were too old to get jersey of at the time, and Parise is for tween girls. thought Greene. should have done that. opps. bad luck with jerseys. wont buy another. also a Tampa bay buccaneer fan. started out when jerseys were finally availble in this area with alstott. thats the only good one. Clayton sucked, Lynch retired , Gaines Adams a draft pick impulse was traded as a bust and died, and caddilac fell apart weh n i got his retro orange jersey. such is life. generic Devils shirts for me. i remember laughing at people with Kovulchuck jerseys before his big contract thinking he would leave. what do i know

I agree with this. But the manner of how he left is looking uglier with each passing day. In fact, the only positive I can think of is that he left the conference.

And that is the problem. It gets worse by the day as more and more comes out. The constant spinning of information (what I really meant was) is like a 5 year-old trying to cover up for doing something bad. The smartest thing he could have done from the beginning was shut his mouth and say nothing. But that was not about to happen. He wants to go home and play with his little friend fine. Keep them all happy because I really don't care.

As my old friend the Penguin said in Batman returns, "You gotta admit I played this stinkin' city like a harp from hell." It was more than one city he did that to.

I believe in my heart he played hard while he wore our jersey. It was the reason he was the class of the free agent pool, after all. Doesn't mean i won't boo him in the future, but that's sports after all. I won't hate him, but honestly i never loved him like Elias, or even Kovy really. Will be fun booing him, and he can cry in his diamond encrusted gold rimmed tear bowl for all I care :)

I have to say, Parise looks pretty damn good in a Wild jersey.

Blasphemy!

And that is the problem. It gets worse by the day as more and more comes out. The constant spinning of information (what I really meant was) is like a 5 year-old trying to cover up for doing something bad. The smartest thing he could have done from the beginning was shut his mouth and say nothing. But that was not about to happen. He wants to go home and play with his little friend fine. Keep them all happy because I really don't care.

As my old friend the Penguin said in Batman returns, "You gotta admit I played this stinkin' city like a harp from hell." It was more than one city he did that to.

Alright alright yo I'm tired of people sayIng how Zach played us and how they think they've figured it all out.

Quotes like, "dont worry," or, "im loyal," are so blown out of proportion and are completely legit. The bottom line is he wanted to go home. We didn't short him with a weak contract and he didn't stiff us with selling out for money.

He wanted to play for Minnesota- what do you exoect him to do-force himself to play for us? All we can ask for is someone who isn't a dickhead about it.

The guy worked his ass off for us every night. He played his heart out for us and we have to respect that he truly wanted to play for minn- its his fvckin choice

He did not play us. If anything he just bought himself some time by not admitting he'd rather play for minn. but what'd you want him to do? This decision would determine his future for the next 13 years, I'm pretty sure that matters more than out feelings for like 2 days

2 people like this

As much as it hurts to lose my favourite player of the Devils, the fact i invested so heavily in him as a PLAYER, it will continue to hurt, but i will also continue to support Zach Parise as a PLAYER, and i will always support my TEAM, the New Jersey Devils.

I'm even considering getting a Zach Wild Jersey, on top of several other Devils jerseys to add to my collection. The fact that i got Parise's autographed college Sioux jersey reminds me it isn't just about me loving the Devils, it's admiring him for his playing style. And I wish him all the best with the Wild, although I do have my own opinions on the matter.

1 person likes this

Alright alright yo I'm tired of people sayIng how Zach played us and how they think they've figured it all out.

Quotes like, "dont worry," or, "im loyal," are so blown out of proportion and are completely legit. The bottom line is he wanted to go home. We didn't short him with a weak contract and he didn't stiff us with selling out for money.

He wanted to play for Minnesota- what do you exoect him to do-force himself to play for us? All we can ask for is someone who isn't a dickhead about it.

The guy worked his ass off for us every night. He played his heart out for us and we have to respect that he truly wanted to play for minn- its his fvckin choice

He did not play us. If anything he just bought himself some time by not admitting he'd rather play for minn. but what'd you want him to do? This decision would determine his future for the next 13 years, I'm pretty sure that matters more than out feelings for like 2 days

While I'm not as okay with Parise considering he was pretty determined with Minnesota you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. Even if he knew at the beginning of the season that he was gone, he didn't coast through the season.

He wants to go home and play with his little friend fine. Keep them all happy because I really don't care.

I keep thinking... this has got to be really insulting if you were one of his Devils teammates who thought you were his friend.

Luckily the only ZP thing I have is an 06-07 team signed stick. Talk about players who've left the Devils!

I keep thinking... this has got to be really insulting if you were one of his Devils teammates who thought you were his friend.

I'd like to hear what Zajac has to say about this for sure.

Edited by ben00rs

While I'm not as okay with Parise considering he was pretty determined with Minnesota you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. Even if he knew at the beginning of the season that he was gone, he didn't coast through the season.

exxaftly. if he wanted to go, he wanted to go. what else do you expect him to do?

+1

He is digging his hole with Devils fans deeper with each interview.

But, at the same time, making himself extremely popular with the minnie fan base, I imagine.

actually Bobby Ryan is....+ he was a flyers fan

Cherry Hill boy, right across the river, no chance for him from the get-go.

wow. wrong.

I have to say, Parise looks pretty damn good in a Wild jersey.

Wow....if this was HF you would get a warning for posting this, and lose your avatar for at least 60 days !!!

Edited by hargsy

Every stupid breakup song I hear, I think of Parise leaving us.

rofl.gif

Every stupid breakup song I hear, I think of Parise leaving us.

Im with you there.