• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

2,874 posts in this topic

RIP Zach Parise signing thread.

You weren't nearly as epic as Kovy's thread, and your conclusion was much more disappointing.

I keep thinking... this has got to be really insulting if you were one of his Devils teammates who thought you were his friend.

That's the thing that kind of irks me. I said I don't hate Zach for leaving and I still have respect for him, but that boggles me. He goes all the way to Minnesota just to play with this one guy who he's now BFF with (he said he would've returned to Jersey had Suter signed somewhere else :blink: ) and somehow Suter is now more of his friend than all the players on the Devils he's played with for years.

That's the thing that kind of irks me. I said I don't hate Zach for leaving and I still have respect for him, but that boggles me. He goes all the way to Minnesota just to play with this one guy who he's now BFF with (he said he would've returned to Jersey had Suter signed somewhere else :blink: ) and somehow Suter is now more of his friend than all the players on the Devils he's played with for years.

The most perfect moment of this whole fiasco for me was Zach on NHL live the other day talking about his decision to go to Minny, he goes something like, "NJ is a great organization, Lou taught me that there's a right and wrong way to do things..."

Edited by ben00rs

The most perfect moment of this whole fiasco for me was Zach on NHL live the other day talking about his decision to go to Minny, he goes something like, "NJ is a great organization, Lou taught me that there's a right and wrong way to do things..."

Looks like he decided to do things the wrong way

apparently zach and ryan are both the alternate captains already according to the press conference that is being shown live now

apparently zach and ryan are both the alternate captains already according to the press conference that is being shown live now

Yea, I saw about 8 tweets in a row from various hockey media saying they have A's on their shirt.

maybe the wild should reconsider and adding this instead of the "A"

JERSEY-1.jpg

1 person likes this

JERSEY-1.jpg

+1

JERSEY-1.jpg

or Ass but I do like $, Maybe they can do A$$ getting both points across.

A sign? I traded Parise to Minnesota in the offseason in NHL12 and the next year I have a Be A GM best 118 points and Minnesota finishes dead last in the league. :cheers:

A sign? I traded Parise to Minnesota in the offseason in NHL12 and the next year I have a Be A GM best 118 points and Minnesota finishes dead last in the league. :cheers:

Unless you simmed it, no.

Over/under 1 full season before they strip the "C" from Koivu and give it to one of the good 'ole midwestern boys?

Edited by ben00rs

Press Conference today--very telling:

Press: "Was there any hesitance at all in signing a 13 year contract? Considering basically that is half of your lifetime..."

Parise: (chuckling) "I didn't hesitate...NO...not at all...umm I...no not at all...for me especially, I knew I wanted to play at home, I knew I wanted to finish my careeer at home, so from my standpoint there wasn't any (hesitance) at all"

***AGAIN, kid knew it alllllllllllllll along. Fine to go home, not fine to fvck with Devils fans' heads.

This may sound harsh but I think we need to stop giving athletes their due. I think they all fit in the spectrum as crappy people one way or the other. It may vary in degrees on each person but they're athletes, not role models

There was so much wrong with that press conference. Leipold said, "I have to pinch myself..."

Riddance Zach.

Off to the 'what should we do to Zach when he returns' thread..

Interesting:

Both players could have made more elsewhere. Parise reportedly had been offered $110 million by Philadelphia. Suter was offered more than $100 million by a team Sheehy wouldn't identify.

To make the Minnesota contracts identical, Parise actually took less than the Wild had offered him.

Hadn't heard that part before.

he realized how much he's going to be under the microscope and how much they have to deliver. he's nervous and overwhelmed.

Zach, you look sad. Regretting your decision already maybe? :whistling:

parisesuter.jpg

Suter doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Ill never say he left for the money, but he lied to this organization and the fan base.

DING DING DING

WINNER

And his head was not in it in the SCF because he was texting Suter to figure out where they were headed next...why do I put so much time and effort into rooting for clowns like this guy? what a shame.

DING DING DING

WINNER

And his head was not in it in the SCF because he was texting Suter to figure out where they were headed next...why do I put so much time and effort into rooting for clowns like this guy? what a shame.

Put in less time and effort then. I can suggest one thing to get the ball rolling on that: stop posting on this board.

2 people like this

I'm just saying if he knew he wasn't going to return to NJ a long time ago why didn't he tell Lou last year when he was an RFA so we could at least trade him and get something back for him. We could've gotten something pretty nice from Minny with how much they wanted him.

If he really appreciated this organization and what they did for him he would have gone about this in a different way. It's not like Lou's offer would have changed his mind anyway.

I'm just saying if he knew he wasn't going to return to NJ a long time ago why didn't he tell Lou last year when he was an RFA so we could at least trade him and get something back for him. We could've gotten something pretty nice from Minny with how much they wanted him.

If he really appreciated this organization and what they did for him he would have gone about this in a different way. It's not like Lou's offer would have changed his mind anyway.

This argument has been brought up quite a bit and I don't really get it. He stayed because he wanted to win - and he almost did. If he hadn't stayed we wouldn't have been Eastern Conf. Champs.