Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

2,874 posts in this topic

Living in Minneapolis now is truly painful. I have to deal with all of my beyond-giddy Wild friends who now feel like everyday is Christmas. I have to listen to the worst all-sports station in the nation talking about how savvy the Wild GM is and how the Wild have become a hockey juggernaut overnight. I have to live with the fact that the Wild, who after years of utter ineptitude, is being rewarded simply for having money to spend. I have to come to grips with the fact that Zach was less than candid during this entire process (and that's being charitable). To make matters worse, I actually had the best man at my wedding tell me this today, "Come on dude, you've lived in Minnesota long enough now, I think it's time to become a Wild fan. You haven't lived in Jersey for years." I won't bore you with my response, but safe to say, I'm pretty sure he's never going to bring up this topic again.

This argument has been brought up quite a bit and I don't really get it. He stayed because he wanted to win - and he almost did. If he hadn't stayed we wouldn't have been Eastern Conf. Champs.

Depends on the return we would have gotten from Minny if we traded him before the 1 year deal. Brent Burns was still with the Wild at that point if I recall correctly. We could have gotten him and Granlund possibly. Maybe even a 1st considering how much they wanted him. Not saying that deal would have brought us the cup but then we could have made other moves to replace Zach instead of the defensive deals we made throughout the year (Foster, Zids, etc.).

Edited by Jerzey Devil

"On Sunday morning, July 1st, we got after it," Leipold said.

Leipold reiterated Monday that the players each received more lucrative offers from other teams and instead took less money to come as a package to the Wild.

"Free agents of Zach and Ryan's caliber are often attracted to the major markets, where there is more attention, brighter spotlights and, frankly, more money," Leipold said. "These two chose Minnesota instead of those things, and in doing so, have transformed our franchise.

"They had many options, and they chose us."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=637507

REALLY???? who could have offered them more $$$$

Sound like a bunch of BS, took a discount.... Right.

Living in Minneapolis now is truly painful. I have to deal with all of my beyond-giddy Wild friends who now feel like everyday is Christmas. I have to listen to the worst all-sports station in the nation talking about how savvy the Wild GM is and how the Wild have become a hockey juggernaut overnight. I have to live with the fact that the Wild, who after years of utter ineptitude, is being rewarded simply for having money to spend. I have to come to grips with the fact that Zach was less than candid during this entire process (and that's being charitable). To make matters worse, I actually had the best man at my wedding tell me this today, "Come on dude, you've lived in Minnesota long enough now, I think it's time to become a Wild fan. You haven't lived in Jersey for years." I won't bore you with my response, but safe to say, I'm pretty sure he's never going to bring up this topic again.

Please, bore us. It sounds like it was a good response haha

Yea, that is why I dreaded the possibility he might come here to the Canes. So glad he didnt. I have to listen to enough crap about 2006 and 2009.

Suter doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Yeah...he reminds me of Paul Martin a bit, and I hope he suffers without good D partners like he had in Nashville, just like P Mart has done in Pitt

You should have the last laugh, at least this year, because the Wild are still not a good team.

You should have the last laugh, at least this year, because the Wild are still not a good team.

Your lips to god's ears. They'll certainly be a better team. With parity, sometimes that's enough to get you a playoff spot where anything can happen.

I'd be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs...I doubt they'll make much noise, but I think they'll make it.

Which, again, will have Wild fans going crazy.

I'd be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs...I doubt they'll make much noise, but I think they'll make it.

So they would be wild and crazy

Their team finished with 81 points last year. 95 points made the playoffs. Let's not forget they lost players like Zidlicky and Zanon - were they world-beaters, certainly not, but they were decent players. That's still an awful lot of ground to make up.

Their team finished with 81 points last year. 95 points made the playoffs. Let's not forget they lost players like Zidlicky and Zanon - were they world-beaters, certainly not, but they were decent players. That's still an awful lot of ground to make up.

Zidlicky was benched for much of the year and clearly was disinterested when he was playing. So his loss to the Wild has as about much impact as if the Devils had lost Harrold.

They'll be a better team this year, and I think Parise's intangibles (yes there is such a thing, although it might be overrated by some GMs) will have a multiplier effect of sorts.

Zidlicky was benched for much of the year and clearly was disinterested when he was playing. So his loss to the Wild has as about much impact as if the Devils had lost Harrold.

They'll be a better team this year, and I think Parise's intangibles (yes there is such a thing, although it might be overrated by some GMs) will have a multiplier effect of sorts.

Zidlicky played 41 games for Minnesota and got almost 21 minutes a game. He was scratched a few times, but he also missed a lot of games due to injury. It's clearly a loss.

Parise won't help their bag of garbage 2nd line get better.

After much consideration I really feel the main reason for the decision is: in Minnesota, Zach can give himself permission to fail.

Sure, I want to call him stupid and gutless, but that's not really so. He recognized he can't carry a team - that's smart. He knows being in that familiar childhood environment will protect him from feelings of inadequacy. He's preparing himself for inevitable failure. I mistakenly thought he was trying to engineer winning, but I was wrong. He is just making sure that failure is now a palatable part of the equation in the game of hockey. It's like pond hockey now -- or local league stuff. Zach is hoping he doesn't have to feel that real life pressure. He has his cushion set up all around him so his quality of life won't be diminished when they lose.

Suter is Zach's cheerleader - Not a legitimate piece of a winning puzzle but a happy idiot who just might make something happen for the Wild. "Hey it could happen heh heh" -- but if not - life is good for everyone all the same. At the end of the season you can crack open a cold one and say "there's always next year -- Now let's hit the lake! I'm drivin' Suter's got shot gun!"

The closest thing to a loser in the deal is Suter. Is he stupid or what? Detroit is the best of both worlds. I'm guessing they weren't interested in Zach -- or even there he might have felt too much pressure.

After much consideration I really feel the main reason for the decision is: in Minnesota, Zach can give himself permission to fail.

Sure, I want to call him stupid and gutless, but that's not really so. He recognized he can't carry a team - that's smart. He knows being in that familiar childhood environment will protect him from feelings of inadequacy. He's preparing himself for inevitable failure. I mistakenly thought he was trying to engineer winning, but I was wrong. He is just making sure that failure is now a palatable part of the equation in the game of hockey. It's like pond hockey now -- or local league stuff. Zach is hoping he doesn't have to feel that real life pressure. He has his cushion set up all around him so his quality of life won't be diminished when they lose.

Suter is Zach's cheerleader - Not a legitimate piece of a winning puzzle but a happy idiot who just might make something happen for the Wild. "Hey it could happen heh heh" -- but if not - life is good for everyone all the same. At the end of the season you can crack open a cold one and say "there's always next year -- Now let's hit the lake! I'm drivin' Suter's got shot gun!"

The closest thing to a loser in the deal is Suter. Is he stupid or what? Detroit is the best of both worlds. I'm guessing they weren't interested in Zach -- or even there he might have felt too much pressure.

Yea why thefvck did he pick Minnesota? Just to be with Parise?

H dn grow up in minn either.. He could've chosen Detroit but I guess he's an idiot

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=637507

REALLY???? who could have offered them more $$$$

Sound like a bunch of BS, took a discount.... Right.

Philly offered Parise more money and I believe Detroit offered to pay Suter more. There may have been others.

festrunk.jpg

Dammit, you beat me to it.

I was at the Rock last night taking my wife to see the Def Leppard concert, and I walked most of the place & there was absolutely no sign of anything related to ZP.

New stuff had pics of Henrique & his winning goal against the Rags, but Uncle Lou moved swiftly to erase everything related to # 9.

I was at the Rock last night taking my wife to see the Def Leppard concert, and I walked most of the place & there was absolutely no sign of anything related to ZP.

New stuff had pics of Henrique & his winning goal against the Rags, but Uncle Lou moved swiftly to erase everything related to # 9.

Good.. He is no longer part of this organization, so we should move on just like Zach did.

I wonder if that big painting of Parise, Martin, White, and Langenbrunnger/Gionta? is still up.

Where were those new pics located bvtw?

Edited by Zubie#8

Good to know. Fvck Zach...take care now, bye bye then!

and with that we should kill this thread. it's useless now and it's mostly annoying to see it come back to the top.