Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

2,874 posts in this topic

Depending upon whom you believe, the NHL has been keeping the Devils afloat all season by fronting them $ that they were not yet entitled. If that's the case, the league most certainly has the power to control the purse strings.

The league said they fronted money to the Devils ahead of time but that the Devils would be owed that money by seasons end. The league also said this is not extraordinary.

When it comes to money here is an interesting tidbit. Most teams get paid by local radio/tv stations to have get the rights to broadcast their games, and while the Devils are getting paid by MSG, they ARE PAYING WFAN to have their games broadcast.

I would guess Minnesota are leading:

"Detroit and Pittsburgh are NOT headed to Toronto. Minnesota Wild brass are. Has Parise decided? Stay tuned!"

-Brad Ratgen

Lawyer from Minnesota that blogs the Wild for Єklund (2.3% accurate) hahahaha

Everyone has to relax, the media of course is going to make it sound like he's a leaving but remember the words that came out his mouth he wants to be here. If any GM is going to pull it off its Lou, all of you know this.....

Isn't Parise getting married in a couple weeks? I'm sure he wants to get this over with before that.

Isn't Parise getting married in a couple weeks? I'm sure he wants to get this over with before that.

Its not going to take weeks.

Its not going to take weeks.

Yeah that was in response to the people who think it might.

I hope he makes her sign a good pre-nump.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Yeah that was in response to the people who think it might.

People wig out when its not done in an hour or two. We'll be lucky if we get an answer by tonight.

The fact that only the Wild are going to visit him says a lot I think. I just don't know if its good or bad...

Kevin Woodley ‏@KevinisInGoal

Appears Devils will keep a goalie ... Johan Hedberg intends to re-sign in New Jersey, according to a team that tried hard to sign UFA G

Wrong Thread :P

Edited by Zubie#8

Sadly folks he's as good as gone. I hope it is the Wild, and not the pens, so we don't see him so often. Out of all UFA's Parenteau/or Garrison is the only ones that intrigues me.

when we watch him whiff on a couple empty nets or turn transparent entirely playing in the playoffs in a pens or wild jersey its gonna feel weird i guess.

If the reports of him wanting $24m in signing bonuses (12 now, 12 next year) that's outrageous...he's as good as gone if that is true. Hopefully Lou is able to get Parenteau or Hudler in once Zach resigns elsewhere.

Rich Chere

Can't understand why Devils fans are so nervous today. The entire fourth line has already been re-signed.

Is he sassing us? We don't need that sh!t right now.

Rich Chere

Is he sassing us? We don't need that sh!t right now.

Chere is the ultimate troll...and I honestly don't think if he realizes it 90% of the time.

he must have his sassy pants on

If the $24 million in two years thing is true, Zach is gone.

If the rumor about 7/50 at the deadline is true, fvck agents.

Chere is the ultimate troll...and I honestly don't think if he realizes it 90% of the time.

Oh he definitely realizes it with that quote...not to mention his nonsense about there being 75% of Ranger fans in the building most of the time. Sucks when even your own beat guy is a Ranger fan :rant:

Oh he definitely realizes it with that quote...not to mention his nonsense about there being 75% of Ranger fans in the building most of the time. Sucks when even your own beat guy is a Ranger fan :rant:

At least we have TG to balance out the Cheres and Eversons. I dont even pay attention to those two having him.

Well were clearly the losers of free agency this year.

We haven't even lost anything yet. Jesus Christ can we all chill out until something happens?

NHLwiki: #NHL #UFA-- According to reports,, Don Meehan has cancelled all meetings and has asked offers be submitted by Phone for #Devils Parise. [via Twitter]

Odd