Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

i hope the rags fans see that. it's made me sick to my stomach the last couple months with the way they talk about how zach is gonna sign with them. thats the last jersey i wanna see zach wearing.

They were as right about Parise wearing a blue jersey next year as Sather was about them winning the Cup. Joke of a fan-base, joke media outlets, and joke organization, most arrogant bunch of people in the league.

Edited by DJ Eco

doesn't mean he won't sign with minny or detroit but based on these comments, i would up my chances of parise staying to 80%.

doesn't mean he won't sign with minny or detroit but based on these comments, i would up my chances of parise staying to 80%.

as long as he's not wearing a rangers jersey. i can't fathom going to a devils/rangers game at the rock and seeing parise on the back of a rangers jersey.

Damn.. the german beats me again ; )

Because we have the ultimate twitter machine

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Parise said it's possible he'll re-sign before July 1. Obviously, have to wait to see what happens.

Where's your Super Fast Machine German Boy ? Where ?!

; )

Edited by moustic

I dont' see Zach actually making much more per year, so I can see Lou giving him a Kovy like deal.

There aren't many teams with the space and a new CBA coming around. I have a feeling he signs here long term.

I didn't feel like going through the whole thread to see if this was posted, but this what the Devils may be up against. Minnesota may be dragging out the treasure chest.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/13/former-minnesota-gm-nanne-says-parise-will-sign-no-one-is-going-to-outbid-the-wild/

And they'll fail, just like they do at everything else.

And they'll fail, just like they do at everything else.

Even if they sign him, it could be a fail. Overpaying is great in the offseason and for backpages. Living up to whatever the overpayment is...that's a whole different beast. "The get my guy at any cost" has a way of blowing up far often than it works out. And the higher the cost, the brighter the spotlight, and the shorter the honeymoon.

If Minnesota gets him, good luck and god bless. Minnesota is pretty much a disaster of a franchise, and while they've got some decent young players, they'll find a way to screw it up like they always do. The Devils were never winning this with the highest bid.

Edited by Triumph

I get the sense that the Devils don't have to match the best offer, but they obviously need to be in the ballpark (less than $5 million in total dollars?).

The hell is wrong with people?

So I understand, posting a first line google search link (you try it-- google zach parise wedding) to his wedding registry to try and see if he really is marrying a NJ school teacher (which means there's a strong chance he stays here) is "wrong", but reporting Lou sightings at Panera Bread is fine? Ok, got it.

So I understand, posting a first line google search link (you try it-- google zach parise wedding) to his wedding registry to try and see if he really is marrying a NJ school teacher (which means there's a strong chance he stays here) is "wrong", but reporting Lou sightings at Panera Bread is fine? Ok, got it.

I think the issue is not so much posting the existence of the registry as the implication that people should send him a gift. That is very, very creepy.

I think the issue is not so much posting the existence of the registry as the implication that people should send him a gift. That is very, very creepy.

Ahh. I thought the smiley face at the end of the quote would let on it was a joke. :noclue:

I get the sense that the Devils don't have to match the best offer, but they obviously need to be in the ballpark (less than $5 million in total dollars?).

Yeah I'm worried that the Wild will do something stupid like 12 years, 100 million whereas we'll offer something reasonable like 8-56 and get blown out of the water. Of course it'll be a phyrric victory for them, but hey if they can't win they might as well get the hometown guy to keep the fans happy.

I think if Zach had his way he'd sign with NJ now, I think if the agents (and his dad) had their way he'd go to Minnesota. I just hope Zach makes the decision he wants to make before he's compelled to make one he'll regret.

the OP was all about zach going to the rags :noclue::dance::boogie:

WE WANT THE ZACH

Edited by lazer

Yeah I'm worried that the Wild will do something stupid like 12 years, 100 million whereas we'll offer something reasonable like 8-56 and get blown out of the water. Of course it'll be a phyrric victory for them, but hey if they can't win they might as well get the hometown guy to keep the fans happy.

I think if Zach had his way he'd sign with NJ now, I think if the agents (and his dad) had their way he'd go to Minnesota. I just hope Zach makes the decision he wants to make before he's compelled to make one he'll regret.

his agents don't care where he goes - just how much. his dad would probably like minny but whatever.

If Zach gets offered 12 yrs/100 mill he is a goner. No way the Devils offer him anything NEAR that....

If Zach gets offered 12 yrs/100 mill he is a goner. No way the Devils offer him anything NEAR that....

They basically gave that to Kovy (15 yrs/100 mill, 3 dummy years). After the Kovalchuk contract nothing with Parise would surprise me, especially with the projected massive cap jump pre-CBA fight.

Simple question: How much does our financial troubles affect player signings?

For whatever it's worth, Lou says that it won't affect player money. He could have refused to comment, but he said it would have no effect, so it may be true.

For whatever it's worth, Lou says that it won't affect player money. He could have refused to comment, but he said it would have no effect, so it may be true.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to understand. I know he did say that, I just wish I knew if it really does or not.