Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Did you see how depressed Parise looks in the post game interviews? He wants to win. He won't in Minnesota. He won't go for those extra millions.

So I understand, posting a first line google search link (you try it-- google zach parise wedding) to his wedding registry to try and see if he really is marrying a NJ school teacher (which means there's a strong chance he stays here) is "wrong", but reporting Lou sightings at Panera Bread is fine? Ok, got it.

Hey hey relax. It was posted on here before you posted it, and it was creepy then too. I think random fans researching online how to buy Zach Parise bed-sheets to try to entice him to stay is where you cross the line between superfan and stalker. I know it was a joke, buddy, and I like you a lot as a poster. Don't take it personally :thumbsup:

-----back on topic-----

If Minnesota touches the 100m range, I don't care how much he wants to win, there's a big difference between 50-60m and 100m.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st

Tweets from My Ranger Fan Buddy Last Night:

We all know #Parise loves NJ - question is can they pay him - someone will offer front loaded deal

Big words - I will bet you any amount of $$$ he's not a Devil come the start of 2012. Just name the amount.

2.5 wks to go until July 1 - start the countdown

Hey - Parise resigns w #njd Drinks @watersidecafe on me one Fri evening - if not - on you? Deal?

*Just another douchebag Ranger fan...he prides himself on being a "knowledgeable" sports fan, but is he off with this one? I have a good feeling about Zach remaining here, but apparently the rest of the league knows something we don't?

well this team proved that it will win sooner than later, so if he wants what he says he wants that is success with a young team, then he will stay for a reasonable number around 7M per year and not go somewhere else just for extra cash. the only team i can see stealing him is redwings. us two are usually the automatic contenders no matter what the media says.

well this team proved that it will win sooner than later, so if he wants what he says he wants that is success with a young team, then he will stay for a reasonable number around 7M per year and not go somewhere else just for extra cash. the only team i can see stealing him is redwings. us two are usually the automatic contenders no matter what the media says.

I won't even try to get into Zach's head, but I wonder if he thinks the Devils' run had more to do with good fortune than anything else. And the goaltending situation is going to be a question mark very soon.

That being said, I hope Zach realizes that the NHL is a year-to-year league now more than ever...that "greener pasture" that looks so good one minute can change in a hurry. I don't really see that slamdunk team that can give Zach that much better of a chance of winning than the Devils.

Did you see how depressed Parise looks in the post game interviews? He wants to win. He won't in Minnesota. He won't go for those extra millions.

ouch, watching that the other day was tough. It was like someone passed away.

I'm sure that everyone wants to win, its just that guys like Zach & Kovy really show it in their faces & in their comments.

Guys like Stevens seemed to hate losing even more then they enjoyed winning !

I hate getting these little "clues" from Zach, because I don't want to be disappointed. But this sentence in TG's blog really gives me hope.

“The whole experience itself was so unbelievable,” Devils captain Zach Parise said. “When you get that close and you’ve got to watch the other team celebrate, that’s a pretty bad feeling. I think all of us are going to come prepared next year and be ready. It’s not a good feeling when you’re on the other side and you’re watching them celebrating.”

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_stanley_cup_finals_disappointment_can_be_stepping_stone_to_future_success/

If Zach gets offered 12 yrs/100 mill he is a goner. No way the Devils offer him anything NEAR that....

Why would you? Hell if you know they're going to do something that stupid, they should trade him to them and get some draft picks out of their insane negotiations. The way I look at it, if that's a selling point, you wouldn't be able to resign him anyway. If it's not, you get free draft picks.

-----back on topic-----

If Minnesota touches the 100m range, I don't care how much he wants to win, there's a big difference between 50-60m and 100m.

There really isn't. Either way you are set for life and your kids are set for life, if that's what you want. The extra 40 million is just to assure Parise of how good he really is, coming at the expense of Minnesota's chances to win (which are, themselves, not particularly good)

There really isn't. Either way you are set for life and your kids are set for life, if that's what you want. The extra 40 million is just to assure Parise of how good he really is, coming at the expense of Minnesota's chances to win (which are, themselves, not particularly good)

There is a HUGE difference between 50-60 mill and 100 mill. HUGE to the sum of 40M. I thought Zach would sign here for less (say we offered 8 years/60 mill and Minn offered 9 years 70 or something like that) But if the overall contract is 40 million or so different Zach will not stay. He wants to win, but 100 mill is nearly impossible to turn down for any athlete...

They basically gave that to Kovy (15 yrs/100 mill, 3 dummy years). After the Kovalchuk contract nothing with Parise would surprise me, especially with the projected massive cap jump pre-CBA fight.

I do not see the Devils having 2 players on their roster with $100 mill deals....

I also expect Kovy to be more productive than Zach will be in his mid 30's....

The difference between 100 mill and 60 mill is not as great as the difference between 40 mill and 0 dollars, but to say there's not much difference is overstating your point. I can't see Parise leaving 40 million on the table to stay in NJ.

does crosby's new deal play into what zach will get?

The difference between 100 mill and 60 mill is not as great as the difference between 40 mill and 0 dollars, but to say there's not much difference is overstating your point. I can't see Parise leaving 40 million on the table to stay in NJ.

No, but I don't see the Wild offering $100 million, either. That would give him one of the highest cap hits in the league.

Jake Gittes: How much are you worth? Noah Cross: I have no idea. How much do you want? Jake Gittes: I just wanna know what you're worth. Over 10 million? Noah Cross: Oh my, yes! Jake Gittes: Why are you doing it? How much better can you eat? What could you buy that you can't already afford? Noah Cross: The future, Mr. Gittes! The future.

Go to 2:05 of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYMWkRrC7UY

Edited by Daniel

its conceivable the wild go 12/96 on him. he's going to have one of the 20 highest cap hits in the league as long as he's a $7MM and that's almost assuredly going to happen.

What Crosby gets shouldn't even come into the discussion, because well, he's not Crosby. If they want to pay him like he's Crosby, they're doomed.

What Crosby gets shouldn't even come into the discussion, because well, he's not Crosby. If they want to pay him like he's Crosby, they're doomed.

They have to, because someone else will.

Daniel: I don't think that Zach Parise and Noah Cross are quite analogues, but I don't want to explain why without ruining Chinatown for people who haven't seen it.

12/96 is crazy. If that's what he gets, more power to him.

Daniel: I don't think that Zach Parise and Noah Cross are quite analogues, but I don't want to explain why without ruining Chinatown for people who haven't seen it.

Spoiler: The chick in the Crying Game is actually a man.

• Like 1

Einhorn's a man.....EINHORN'S A MAN!!!!!!

No one cares about that movie anymore but Chinatown is a legitimate classic and I'd say the average age of the board is like 25 and hasn't seen it.

There's an element that the NHL has to be overjoyed about wrt the salary cap and that's guys taking less out of a legitimate desire to help their team. That's what would come into play.

Kovalchuk would've gotten more money with his Thrashers contract but he didn't sign one, and the Wild are basically the Thrashers with better attendance.

Kovalchuk would've gotten more money with his Thrashers contract but he didn't sign one, and the Wild are basically the Thrashers with better attendance.

Kovalchuk was apparently primarily concerned about Atlanta relocating.

Zach's from Minnesota and is building a house there. Obviously wasn't enough to get Peyton Manning to give the Dolphins more than a cup of coffee, but that's something to consider.

This is not a face that cares about money. Just Winning.

799841807_Rxjvo-L.jpg

146190746.jpg

Edited by BlueSkirt

This is not a face that cares about money. Just Winning.

I forgot about that game, I can only imagine whats going through his head finishing a close second both times.