Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Dude, seriously you're just not getting anywhere with that argument today. Just let people vent now and boo when Zach comes back in November, why should you care anyway? You're not going to be in the building to hear the boos.

This is beyond stupid. I'm sorry.

Fans: Zach, please don't go...come back. We love you. Let's win a Stanley Cup next year.

Zach: (thinking what to say as fans have made a great gesture by coming out to support the team after the loss) Thank you. Don't worry about it.

Zach: (thinking) Oh crap...in a split second reaction, I said "don't worry." I hope they know I just meant for them not to worry about what I'll do....oh crap...Maybe fans will think that means I am coming back...oh crap, I certainly shouldn't have said "we" in the post game interview after the game even though I am under contract. Maybe I should go back and explain to them what I meant? Ahhh it's too hot today...

Ah M.B.! Marion Barry, is it time again for another shipment?

A little levity.

Hm? He's going to break their hearts anyway, if he plans on leaving. I don't get the sense that this is an easy decision for Zach, or that he was always dead-set on leaving, or anything like that. And hell, he might still come here and everyone might have to revise their scorn.

When I refer to breaking hearts, I see that as building up hopes of re-signing only to dash those hopes. After the season Zach dropped a few very subtle hints that he was going to re-sign. Instead, it would have been kinder to fans to just keep his mouth shut or to watch his word a little more closely. He made it sound like it was a slam-dunk that he was going to sign with the Devils when in fact it was more of a toss-up. Again, Zach doesn't have to be kind to fans, it just would have been nice if he were.

I agree that this is not an easy decision for Zach. Like I said, I feel the scorn is coming from the fact that Zach made things sound like he was coming back when his return was actually much more questionable. What I'm trying to say is that Zach could have left the Devils without first building up the hopes of Devils fans if he had watched his words a little more carefully.

remember all this parise and suter both to the wild is speculation. sure he would love to play with suter, but he also would love to play with crosby, zajac, and stafford. i dont buy it. suter is leaning towards the Wild not ZP as far as we know.

yea... well fellas it is not looking good.

i would bet money now that zach will end up in minny with suter. all this little information does say a lot.

i am so happy though that it doesn't look like he's going to another Atlantic team. ecstatic, as a matter of fact

Maybe Zach will get really drunk celebrating the 4th and accidentally sign with us.

lol, yeah, tampering. Parise's been talking with Lou three times a day, but clearly he had no interest in coming back, it was just chit-chat, how's the weather, that sort of thing.

dr33: no, the Wild are still awful, and if they sign Parise and Suter, they're pretty much at the salary cap with (still) a pretty bad team.

Even I'm willing to concede no real tampering. At most maybe a small fine as a slap on the wrist for the loose lips by a quasi Wild agent.

Fans: Zach, please don't go...come back. We love you. Let's win a Stanley Cup next year.

Zach: (thinking what to say as fans have made a great gesture by coming out to support the team after the loss) Thank you. Don't worry about it.

Zach: (thinking) Oh crap...in a split second reaction, I said "don't worry." I hope they know I just meant for them not to worry about what I'll do....oh crap...Maybe fans will think that means I am coming back...oh crap, I certainly shouldn't have said "we" in the post game interview after the game even though I am under contract. Maybe I should go back and explain to them what I meant? Ahhh it's too hot today...

Epic Simpsons reference !!!

tumblr_lbi2skSivi1qe8x3to1_500.png

Dude looks like Lou.

You could make one up for Lou as well: Oh crap i should have re-signed Parise last year!!....Oh crap i shouldnt have given Salvadore 3 years!!!.....Oh crap i certainly shouldnt have re-signed Cam Janssen.... Ahhh it's too hot today...

The only way I'll get excited is if I read "Devils trade Tallinder to so and so team for draft picks" and "Devils also trade Greene to so and so team for draft picks"

Sign or don't sign but quit with all the damn drama.

The drama is all created by the media and fans. Unless I've missed something, Zach has not said or done anything particularly "dramatic" throughout this process.

if they both endup in minny its gonna be fvcking stupid, have fun watching us in the playoffs zach

Doug Maclean

Hearing from a couple of agents both players will end up in minny. We will see!!

You may not agree with other fans' point of view, but you have to see how some fans might take his comments to mean more than they actually do. That's all I'm trying to say. If you refuse to make that concession then you're just being stubborn. I apologize that some fans, including myself, may not be as extremely intelligent as you.

At this point I want him to just make the announcement. 72 hours later and we are still sitting here like analyzing and overanalyzing every tweet from hockey writers all over the place.

Either way. Im drinking heavily.

Epic Simpsons reference !!!

tumblr_lbi2skSivi1qe8x3to1_500.png

Dude looks like Lou.

You could make one up for Lou as well: Oh crap i should have re-signed Parise last year!!....Oh crap i shouldnt have given Salvadore 3 years!!!.....Oh crap i certainly shouldnt have re-signed Cam Janssen.... Ahhh it's too hot today...

Haha. Man he really does like Lou. I don't think I'll get tired of coming up with those for Lou over the next little while.

Time to break out the guilt-trip. :lol:

IMO, if he wants to throw away his career he has every right to. Yes, I know the NHL is random now, but I guess he had a taste of the Finals this year and he liked it so much he wants to be sure he never goes back.

Would be one of the odder FA decisions I can remember. Kovalchuk was funneled to us, this guy could literally have his pick of like 10 teams depending on his terms.

It just cracks me up that Parise going to the Wild will not improve that team at all. He cant carry a team he never has he never will.

The drama is all created by the media and fans. Unless I've missed something, Zach has not said or done anything particularly "dramatic" throughout this process.

...the drama is a result of him waiting out his decision.

looks like everyones gotta step up a little to fill in for parise if he does in fact leave (which is looking more and more likely)

My fear of another Nieds situation is going to another level. Once again we have a star UFA sincerely taking his time to consider all options, his future, his family, all while keeping the Devils very much in the picture and not jumping at the first mega-deal tossed at his feet. In short, he's handling it as well as a man could handle it. And we already have fans throwing hate at him.

Can't please everyone, I suppose.

Time to break out the guilt-trip. :lol:

IMO, if he wants to throw away his career he has every right to. Yes, I know the NHL is random now, but I guess he had a taste of the Finals this year and he liked it so much he wants to be sure he never goes back.

Would be one of the odder FA decisions I can remember. Kovalchuk was funneled to us, this guy could literally have his pick of like 10 teams depending on his terms.

I mean, the Wild have a pretty good stable of prospects. Coyle, Phillips, Granlund, Brodin. The problem is the only good NHL players they have are Koivu, Gilbert, and the goaltenders.

My fear of another Nieds situation is going to another level. Once again we have a star UFA sincerely taking his time to consider all options, his future, his family, all while keeping the Devils very much in the picture and not jumping at the first mega-deal tossed at his feet. In short, he's handling it as well as a man could handle it. And we already have fans throwing hate at him.

Can't please everyone, I suppose.

I don't think he's handling anything, he's being led around in 25 different directions at the same time. It looks like Ryan Suter had to put him out of his misery. I don't hold any ill-will for him if he signs there, I'm just well, kinda puzzled he'd sign there.

I mean, the Wild have a pretty good stable of prospects. Coyle, Phillips, Granlund, Brodin. The problem is the only good NHL players they have are Koivu, Gilbert, and the goaltenders.

The problem with prospects is, well you can see the problem with prospects right here. They play 6-7 seasons for you and then disappear. It is random though, I don't think anyone who was thinking clearly thought we'd be playing in the Stanley Cup Finals in January, over Boston, the Pens, or even Team Blocked Shot.

and Backstrom is a ufa after this upcoming season