• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

2,874 posts in this topic

Zach was a terrific Devil. He outplayed his contract here by a wide margin. Losing him will hurt but his career in NJ should be appreciated at some point, if it not necessarily today.

He never lead this team well in times of difficulty, and never put the team on his back.

I'm happy we have Kovy, whose game will last well past his prime. When Zach can't skate anymore at age 32, we'll be laughing.

According to devilsrule33 you are not allowed to think that way. We must first ask what he thinks before posting a comment.

I don't really care what anyone thinks, he's a lying piece of sh!t who strung everyone along. Thats' what it looks like. This whole thing was orchestrated.

Well we now know what the C on Parise's jersey stood for.

C*NT

For tall the "fvck you Zach" crap...to a man almost everyone here said they didn't want to re-sign him for an insane contract. $98 million for 13 years and a full no movement clause sounds pretty insane to me.

This isn't Scott Gomez signing with the Rangers for a ridiculous sum after spending the last couple of years here sleepwalking and looking like he had no desire to play here. I think it's pretty apparent that this was not an easy choice for Parise. He went to his hometown team, which happened to be the one willing to give him the most insane contract. I probably won't be at the game against the Wild, but if I do make it, I will not boo him.

Zach was a terrific Devil. He outplayed his contract here by a wide margin. Losing him will hurt but his career in NJ should be appreciated at some point, if it not necessarily today.

You are right. But today isn't the day to appreciate him. Most of us were mentally prepared for this, but it still sucks and I'll hate him for a little while.

I don't really care what anyone thinks, he's a lying piece of sh!t who strung everyone along. Thats' what it looks like. This whole thing was orchestrated.

Yeah pretty much. Looks like that rat ******* JP got his wish in the end, he can go **** off too. He goes above Carlos Gomez and Carol Niedermayer in notorious ex-Devil parents lol.

Well. Now I can get back to my life.

There really is no loyalty in sports anymore. It's a damn shame.

We never will, because of good-old cryptic Lou (who failed to retain yet another home grown star), but I'd love to know what the Devils offered.

Zach did what he thought was best for him, his soon to be wife and his family. Signing with Minnesota is probably the least worst outcome from this. Team loyalty is a total fan creation.

Looking back parise to me is a Lindros or mike Gartner type player who when you have him makes the team better but will not take you all the way. We still have a solid team and maybe there are more tricks up Lou's sleeve.

Like wysh said on his twitter this is an acceptable loss

DarrenDreger

Wild players ecstatic. Heatley says he spoke with Suter 2 nights ago and swapped texts with Parise. Both asked: can we win. Answer: yes.

lol well wtf AS IF they would have said no lol

I'm just glad that we are all united against Zach (or most) as we should be. 26 yrs 196 million for Parise and Suter (not Crosby and Weber). Yea...good job Minny...

I honestly do not give a crap. Either way I would of had no reaction, we are a good team with or without him, Zajac is the most important piece to this team. I never cared at all for Parise so I am fine.

You know, Henrique is going to be a better player than Parise anyway. Parise can screw off and I look forward to hearing the boos when he comes back around.

Haha. Complete NMC. Good luck Minny when you have a 35 year old Parise who is putting up 30 points a year at 7.5M cap hit.

The geniuses on this board, and you know who they are, disagree with you and their word is fact.

You know, Henrique is going to be a better player than Parise anyway. Parise can screw off and I look forward to hearing the boos when he comes back around.

yes.

There really is no loyalty in sports anymore. It's a damn shame.

We never will, because of good-old cryptic Lou (who failed to retain yet another home grown star), but I'd love to know what the Devils offered.

Vanderbeek's gotta leak what our offer is at some point. There may be more backlash against Zach right now but once that subsides the ownership issues are going to be speculated on again. Of course if we throw a ****load of money at Semin, then that's a different story.

i like ball sacks

Parise should be a Ranger

I just saw my a$$hole coworker wrote this on my account after I left work yesterday.

Yeah pretty much. Looks like that rat ******* JP got his wish in the end, he can go **** off too. He goes above Carlos Gomez and Carol Niedermayer in notorious ex-Devil parents lol.

Dreger tweeting that both Parise and Suter exchanged texts with Heatley about whether they could win in Minnesota. Definitely a great guy to ask about winning. :rofl:

DarrenDreger

Wild players ecstatic. Heatley says he spoke with Suter 2 nights ago and swapped texts with Parise. Both asked: can we win. Answer: yes.

lol well wtf AS IF they would have said no lol

Yeah just dont get in a car w him

1 person likes this

I cannot profess enough how happy I am that we are not minnesota right now. almost 200 million dollars and 26 years for sub-superstars.