Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

2,874 posts in this topic

I wouldn't have even been mad if we'd lost in the first round to do this...but to ditch your team after captaining a run to the Finals is pretty darn unprecedented. Who else did that, Kariya? And he left on a one-year deal.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Maybe we can sign noew someone like Doan, Semin, Sykora, or possible Knuble, and at least we also have some cap space for a goalie in the next few years if we will need one, or to give a raise to Henrique and Zajac.

Hey Zach ... just leave right now. We have no interest in talking to you or about you for one second more. The Devils are bigger than you, and you walked away from it. See ya.

I'm neither shocked nor even angry about this. It sucks to lose our captain. If its not our coach, its a player.

That said, the contract is awful length wise, he left the conference, and we will likely only see him on our ice once a season unless its in a Stanley Cup Final, which right now is as far fetched as Lou starring in a Magic Mike sequel.

1 person likes this

Zach Parise signed for 13 years at $98 million. An average of 7.538 cap hit. The vid should show it all

I can't imagine the Devils even offering him a contract that was remotely close to 13 years 98 million. He's not worth that contract but I'm still sadden to see him go. Thanks for ruining my favorite holiday Zach!

Came back for Lou's interview.

Thank the sweet baby lord Jesus that he didn't sign with the Penguins. I'd be absolutely beside myself right now.

anyone have any idea what the devils offered zach? if we were short on years and or money id understand more but otherwise he can rot.

Wish Zach the best of luck, time to close this chapter and move on. Lou tried his best, but his wife and family comes first. Unfortunately, I dont think this was a wise decision as I don't see much improvement in Minnesota. They couldn't get anything done with Heatley, its tough to say two players will make much of a difference. If anyone believes having super stars will win Cups, then look no further from across the Hudson, living proof that organization philosophy, coaching and team play is what wins cups. Devils have always had a player step up, and I am confident it will happen again.

@wyshynski

Lamoriello: said Parise indicated "If it wasn't going home to Minnesota, it would have been coming to New Jersey. "

@KatieStrangESPN

#NJD Lamoriello: "You don't replace a Zach Parise. You just don't do that."

#yourenothelpingthesituation

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I wish Zach well.

He looked at the Devils with two ageing goalies for two years with no take over goalie in the NHL. Elias and Zajac probably leaving next season. A team in financial bankruptcy. He gets offered $98 M for 13 years. I am sure the Devils weren't close with the money. In a NY heartbeat you take that offer.

Best wishes Zach Parise.

Next: Kovy gets the "C" and the Devils move on, Vanderbeek prays he can keep the team.

We will be OK, we have Marty in goal for 70 games/season.

We have overcome greater loses then this. We have lost hall of famers in Scott Stevens and Scott Neidermayer. We have lost our true heart and soul in Kenny D. We have lost out on players that were greater pieces in the puzzle of the Devils history. Gomez, Holik, Brylin, Madden. All these players have done more for the Devils then Parise ever did for us.

In a great comparison this is no worse then losing Paul Martin to a ridiculous contract to the Penguins and we are seeing how well that has turned out.

The Devils will rise above this and continue on to the success we have always had.

this was basically what i was thinking...

...that and hes a born loser.

Well Zach i dont' feel bad anymore that we (Canadians) broke ur heart in 2010. Same goes for you Suter

Whoopdie damn doo, he went to Minnesota cause he could get Suter to come with him after JP and buddies guilted him into going :cryriver:

Enjoy watching the Finals on TV Zach.

I wouldn't have even been mad if we'd lost in the first round to do this...but to ditch your team after captaining a run to the Finals is pretty darn unprecedented. Who else did that, Kariya? And he left on a one-year deal.

Gretzky basically engineered his way to LA with "The Trade" after captaining the Oilers to the cup. Sure the Oilers traded him but that was because Gretzky refused to sign an extension and was going UFA at the end of the next season.

Quotes from Lou suggest it wasn't a money thing, just wanted to play at home with a friend he grew up with.

Typical, just fvcking typical. Niedermayer 2.0, fvcking typical.

I think he just went to Minnesota so he could be reunited with the greatness that is Nick Palmieri and Kurt Foster. Once we traded those guys it was all over for our chances and we had no shot of resigning him. I think that's all pretty obvious, at least to me.

anyone have any idea what the devils offered zach? if we were short on years and or money id understand more but otherwise he can rot.

We will likely never hear the terms offered. The only thing I've read is that it was "competitive/comparable" to the one he eventually took.

Lou: "I did reach out to (Ryan) Suter. He did not have any interest in coming to this conference."

Lou: "I did reach out to (Ryan) Suter. He did not have any interest in coming to this conference."

Where did you hear this?

Lmfao, just what I thought Parise would say. We're not that dumb jackass.

apparently lou said in the conference call that zach told him it wasnt about the money and that it was about playing home :blink: