Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

2,874 posts in this topic

This is the one argument I don't get. Minnesota IS a contender now. Koivu, Heatley, Parise, Suter.

Minnesota is not a contender. They are a fringe playoff team. They need a LOT of help to be a Cup contender.

This is the one argument I don't get. Minnesota IS a contender now. Koivu, Heatley, Parise, Suter.

They're a better team, but a contender? Parise didn't do it alone here. Suter has never played in the NHL without Shea Weber. Josh Harding is not terrible, but he's not shown that he can win a lot of games either. Suter is the only good defenseman they have since they traded Burns to San Jose. Their top pairing before Suter was Tom Gilbert and Justin Falk. They have some good players, no question, but they have NO depth. 1-2 scoring lines and 1 defenseman aren't a contender. They're a borderline playoff team.

They're a 5th-8th seed right now at best, but not an 8th like LA was this year. They may even be able to squeeze into a 3rd seed if they win the division, but Vancouver is still good, Colorado will be better, and if Edmonton breaks out with all the talent they have its not going to be easy. I wont mention Calgary since they're basically like the slow kid that everyone makes fun of.

Minnesota is not a contender. They are a fringe playoff team. They need a LOT of help to be a Cup contender.

I guess I agree with that - but it's kind of what I meant. What I mean is that they will be a good team now consistently. Not Cup contenders, but a playoff team imo.

I said this in the other thread, but can you guys imagine how anemic the offense would be had the Devils let Kovalchuk walk a few years ago? Yikes

You could say the same thing about LA up until Sutter took over. Sure they had a lot of talent that wasn't being utilized but you can say the same about Minnesota in many ways. With the new CBA probably giving amnesty on at least one contract plus a new cap floor there will be ample opportunities for teams like Minnesota to get out of jail so to speak quickly.

I guess I agree with that - but it's kind of what I meant. What I mean is that they will be a good team now consistently. Not Cup contenders, but a playoff team imo.

Minny was -49 in goal differential last season, they're going to need better performances and additional additions beyond Parise/Suter to be a solid playoff team. Right now they could make the playoffs next year, but they could miss it too, I feel.

Minny was -49 in goal differential last season, they're going to need better performances and additional additions beyond Parise/Suter to be a solid playoff team. Right now they could make the playoffs next year, but they could miss it too, I feel.

Impossible to predict based on last year anything. They are a completely different team with these guys. The biggest question in my mind is whether or not Mike Yeo needs to be fired.

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC

Parise said he and Suter talked during the year about finding a way to play together. "We kept in touch throughout this process."

He knew what he wanted for a long time now.

I wish Zach well.

He looked at the Devils with two ageing goalies for two years with no take over goalie in the NHL. Elias and Zajac probably leaving next season. A team in financial bankruptcy. He gets offered $98 M for 13 years. I am sure the Devils weren't close with the money. In a NY heartbeat you take that offer.

Best wishes Zach Parise.

Next: Kovy gets the "C" and the Devils move on, Vanderbeek prays he can keep the team.

We will be OK, we have Marty in goal for 70 games/season.

Why do you wish him well? He plays for the competition (another NHL team).

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC

Parise said he and Suter talked during the year about finding a way to play together. "We kept in touch throughout this process."

He knew what he wanted for a long time now.

That's pretty disingenuous of him. And while wearing the captain's c

Parise: "I'm a loyal person."

fvck you ok.

Parise said he heard about fan support to keep him in NJ. "Great fans in NJ. As far as going back there, it's going to be pretty unique."

yes. yes it will.

Edited by SterioDesign

Might wanna change your name as well. Maybe Zajachuk or something.

Crap I forgot about my name. Will have to change it later when I can get to a computer.

He should've volunteered to be part of the Zidlicky trade if he knew he wanted to be a Wild (like it seems he did). Not cool to use the team you were a Captain of and got to the Finals with to get more money from your hometown team. A bunch of people thought we'd suck last year when we had him and look where we got, no thanks to his -8 and 1 GWG. We'll be just fine. Thanks for never winning sh!t here Zach.

Here's hoping he has the same success as Gomez. Of course, I'm in the running for the Orlando Solar Bears' broadcaster job(Wild's ECHL club), so, I might change my mind LOL

This playing with suter stuff is kind of little leaguish

He should've volunteered to be part of the Zidlicky trade if he knew he wanted to be a Wild (like it seems he did). Not cool to use the team you were a Captain of and got to the Finals with to get more money from your hometown team. A bunch of people thought we'd suck last year when we had him and look where we got, no thanks to his -8 and 1 GWG. We'll be just fine. Thanks for never winning sh!t here Zach.

100 percent

Poor Zajac got dumped. Maybe this will finally give him an edge and we'll have the Peluso/Holik version of a slapfight.

This x100

Ledger_NJDevils: Parise: "Ryan and I had talked throughout the year. You always say, 'Wouldn't it be great to have thew chance to play with each other?' "

well thats great.

they wanted a way to play together after the season and suter didn't want to leave west. so parise lied to us all along and would never stay east. great captain.

they can play with each other and when they are finished they can go golfing when we prepare for another cup final.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat