Year 2: $2 million base salary + $10 million signing bonus = $12 million

Year 3: $6 million base + $5 million signing bonus = $11 million

Years 4-8: $9 million base

Year 9: $8 million base

Year 10: $6 million base

Year 11: $2 million base

Years 12-13: $1 million base

Edited by ben00rs

This is the one argument I don't get. Minnesota IS a contender now. Koivu, Heatley, Parise, Suter.

A contender for what, the eight seed? Tell me how the Wild team as presently constituted (and they have no cap space) are better than the Kings, Sharks, Canucks, Hawks, Blues, Wings or even Predators?

Edited by NJDevs4978

per ESPN

Year 1: $2 million base salary + $10 million signing bonus = $12 million

Year 2: $2 million base salary + $10 million signing bonus = $12 million

Year 3: $6 million base + $5 million signing bonus = $11 million

Years 4-8: $9 million base

Year 9: $8 million base

Year 10: $6 million base

Year 11: $2 million base

Years 12-13: $1 million base

Cap circumvention anyone?

Those contracts are circumventing the cap, if the league lets this go how does it justify punishing NJ for an almost identical deal!!!!

If there is a hockey god, he\she will let us win the cup next year. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Those contracts are circumventing the cap, if the league lets this go how does it justify punishing NJ for an almost identical deal!!!!

Wild won't lose picks because the NHL and NHLPA made an aamendment to the CBA after the Kovy fiasco. But the original penalty of cap circumvention stood for NJ.

Ledger_NJDevils: Parise: "Ryan and I had talked throughout the year. You always say, 'Wouldn't it be great to have thew chance to play with each other?' "

well thats great.

I think that this right here allows devils fans to be pissed off. The guy was obviously never coming back

sign semin (he can actually put the puck in the net) and give him number 9. kovy will teach him how to become a legit hockey player all around.

Wild won't lose picks because the NHL and NHLPA made an aamendment to the CBA after the Kovy fiasco. But the original penalty of cap circumvention stood for NJ.

Contracts cannot be allowed none to less, correct? regardless if no punishment or not!!!!

it wasn't an identical deal. jesus christ, go look at the original kovalchuk deal. it had 6 years at $550,000 going until he was 44.

They are better than Kovy's first deal but worst than his second in their total as 10 year deals, BUT, they have a significantly higher cap hit.

Obviously as pointed out this doesn't matter anyway, there are guidelines and only a moron could violate them.

At least we're not the Predators now. They're so losing Shea Weber.

it wasn't an identical deal. jesus christ, go look at the original kovalchuk deal. it had 6 years at $550,000 going until he was 44.

true, the original Kovy deal was laughable. But this is worse than the second Kovy deal and it's for 2 players. Not gonna be rejected but it is somewhat comical.

Which would have easily been lower than implied minimum. I don't understand why they thought they could do that.

At least we're not the Predators now. They're so losing Shea Weber.

I believe Poile when he says he didn't get to make a matching offer - the Preds have the most Cap space right now. He def would have matched.

Let's calm down a little. He took more money to play with a close friend who happens to be an All Star and the best free agent dman on the market, in the city where he grew up, in a different conference. This isn't Gomez or Holik going to the Rags. I think he meant it when he said it was a tough decision. He liked us, but not enough. He earned the right to do what he wanted, and he didn't drag it out to the point where we can't make a move. Boston lost Phil Kessel and won a cup a few years later. I wish we'd lost Zach to an offer sheet when he was RFA, but by keeping him, we ran to the finals, which I can't complain about. We got beat. It happens. Let's hope Lou's smart with the reloading.

Contracts cannot be allowed none to less, correct? regardless if no punishment or not!!!!

No the NHL agreed to sign off on all contracts without review of salary parameters or length. Although I'm confused as to "none to less"

Edited by TheMazz

It's a shame that the two most similar teams: The Preds and Devils, lost out.

I think that this right here allows devils fans to be pissed off. The guy was obviously never coming back

its seriously like if your girlfriend is always talking to "that guy" and keep on saying that its nothing that he's just a friend and they keep on talking... its "not cheating" but then she broke up with you and go out with "that guy".... then was it really "not cheating" ?

lol super gay comparison but its kinda like that