• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

2,874 posts in this topic

It's a shame that the two most similar teams: The Preds and Devils, lost out.

Both franchises deserve better.

This is the one argument I don't get. Minnesota IS a contender now. Koivu, Heatley, Parise, Suter.

But heatley is clearly on a downward trend. ZP and Suter may help reverse this, but his past three years indicate that he is past his prime. Now that isn't to say he isn't a contributor, but nothing dominating like he once was. as for their defense, I am not terribly informed, but looking at the roster quickly, I don't see all the much beyond Suter. He will log a LOT of minutes..... Hope he eats his Wheaties.

Anyway, I tend to agree that the Wild weren't competitive and that they still aren't, although it is possible that signing Zp and Suter may bring them to the very edge of competing for a playoff spot. Problem is that these two contracts make stocking up on talent from here forward quite difficult, IMHO, especially if one or both pull and Gomez and underperform. That will utterly devastate the Wild's ability to compete, just like Crosby getting smacked on the noggin might handicap the Pens for years. Scott Stevens, calling Scott Stevens.... Where are you?

Edited by AEWHistory

Basically Suter and Zach were overhyped because the UFA class was very slim this season. I would put Suter at the level of Paul Martin and I believe Zach got a big payday because of his work ethic more than anything.

Difference between Kovy's current deal and Parise's is Kovy has an incentive to play the last two years of his deal, he gets paid 3 million and then 4 million if he plays.....Parise would only make a million a year!!!THATS NOT CIRCUMVENTING THE CAP?????

Edited by Kovalchukforlife17

Let's calm down a little. He took more money to play with a close friend who happens to be an All Star and the best free agent dman on the market, in the city where he grew up, in a different conference. This isn't Gomez or Holik going to the Rags. I think he meant it when he said it was a tough decision. He liked us, but not enough. He earned the right to do what he wanted, and he didn't drag it out to the point where we can't make a move. Boston lost Phil Kessel and won a cup a few years later. I wish we'd lost Zach to an offer sheet when he was RFA, but by keeping him, we ran to the finals, which I can't complain about. We got beat. It happens. Let's hope Lou's smart with the reloading.

To play with his friend? What's this t- ball?

Difference between Kovy's current deal and Parise's is Kovy has an incentive to play the last two years of his deal, he gets paid 3 million and then 4 million if he plays.....Parise would only make a million a year!!!THATS NOT CIRCUMVENTING THE CAP?????

He's not playing the last two years of his deal, he'd basically be making minimum salary at that point beforehand, for 3 years.

There is no circumventing the cap anymore, they have clear rules in place and only the dumbest of dumb GM's could violate them.

its seriously like if your girlfriend is always talking to "that guy" and keep on saying that its nothing that he's just a friend and they keep on talking... its "not cheating" but then she broke up with you and go out with "that guy".... then was it really "not cheating" ?

lol super gay comparison but its kinda like that

That's actually not an out of line comparison. Or like Chesnokov tweeted after he said he was talking with Suter, 'I thought he was supposed to be talking with his fiancee?'.

Listening to his comments is making me hate him even more. You always wanted to play with Suter, eh Zach? You're a loyal guy, eh Zach? You're about as loyal as a heaping bowl of AIDS, you stupid little queer. True colors have indeed been shown. You're a fvcking piece of sh!t.

Edited by MadDog2020

To play with his friend? What's this t- ball?

What annoys me is that he doesn't have friends on the team? All we kept hearing throughout the whole process was how everyone else was buddies with Zach. Zajac must be feeling like he was dumped :giggle:

I hope he tears his ACL walking out of his press conference. fvcking quitter.

Edited by MadDog2020

Listening to his comments is making me hate him even more. You always wanted to play with Suter, eh Zach? You're a loyal guy, eh Zach? You're about as loyal as a heaping bowl of AIDS, you stupid little queer. True colors have indeed been shown. You're a fvcking piece of sh!t.

Someone's true colors are showing here, but not Zach's.

fvck off.

Well if he wanted to play with Suter (seriously little-league nonsense here) there was no way we could keep him. Suter was staying out west no matter what.

Again though, if he had that intention all along, it would've been nice to say that. None of this 'team' garbage.

I don't get why you, dr, etc can't just let people vent for a day? Nobody wants to hear this dispassionaite crap today.

I'm hoping Zach at least made a pitch to Suter to play in NJ.

Suter wouldn't play in Jersey. It sort of causes an impasse between his statements and the truth. I don't quite understand how the Devils could pay Suter either.

I'm hoping Zach at least made a pitch to Suter to play in NJ.

It's nice to think he did, but I doubt it.

cmon guys lets not turn on each other. were on the same team here.

Yeah fvck you too! :giggle:

Can't wait to watch NHL Network and listen to all the analysts preach about Minny being an instant contender and NJ/NSH not making the playoffs.

cmon guys lets not turn on each other. were on the same team here.

Hey, I didn't turn on anyone. Talk to Rainman over there.

Meh, some people get too annoyed because if you were cynical or glass half empty, you could see this coming two years ago. Still, sometimes it's better not to talk and just let the generalities flow. He's sort of contradicting himself.

Can't wait to watch NHL Network and listen to all the analysts preach about Minny being an instant contender and NJ/NSH not making the playoffs.

That's what we want, though. Devils always do pretty much the opposite of what they're predicted to do.

This team will find a way to win. Probably not back to the SC finals, but..they'll make the playoffs I'd bet.