• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Daniel

‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

2,874 posts in this topic

They were texting like BFF's"throughout the year" planning this...

Zach is just a little whipped dog to his pops and girl friend.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/161345055.html

“Ryan and I had talked throughout the year, at the time you always say to each other, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have a chance play with each other on the same team?’ " Parise said.

"Was it realistic at the time? I don’t know. Different teams have to have the availability. I know how great Ryan is ... to have an opportunity to play with a guy of that caliber is a great opportunity. We kept in touch throughout the whole process. You have to decide what is best for you.”

Said Suter: “We were in contact, texting back and forth, asking about different places and differenct situations where we both could work. Probably last night and this morning it became realistic

“Ryan and I had talked throughout the year, at the time you always say to each other, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have a chance play with each other on the same team?’ " Parise said.

"Was it realistic at the time? I don’t know. Different teams have to have the availability. I know how great Ryan is ... to have an opportunity to play with a guy of that caliber is a great opportunity. We kept in touch throughout the whole process. You have to decide what is best for you.”

Said Suter: “We were in contact, texting back and forth, asking about different places and differenct situations where we both could work. Probably last night and this morning it became realistic

Lmao. Jabronis.

From the same article: "The thing they're most excited about though is the opportunity to shower with each other after every game now."

I've never read ANYONE on here say anything negative when Rafalski left, other than sadness that we couldnt keep him. We knew why Brian left. He was not going to get the deal he got from the Wings here that year.

sh!t, I think Gomez actually is easier to swallow after this thing with Zach. Gomez ran the moment he could and made no mistake about why he did it. He wanted the paycheck and the chance to play on Broadway and did so quickly. Everyone knew he was going to leave. He got what he wanted and played, badly. Niedermayer at least took a lesser offer to go play with his sister + we won cups with Gomez, Holik, and Niedermayer.

What did we win with Zach? An Eastern Conference Championship and 1 G in the Final from our captain.

I respect his game and the fact he hustled and never took a shift off. No one is taking anything away from Zach's talent, but all that talk about playing for a contender and such was hogwash. He's going to need all the luck he can to succeed on a Minnesota team with 0 depth and a terrible coach.

This whole all season love affair with suter makes it worse IMO

We will never know the true story and if we hear the Devils offered close to the same $$ I am sure the terms were different. Remember Holik Rangers vs Devils. Devils said they offered the same $$ but in reality they did but they back-end the money instead of up front as Rangers did. The Devils will leak stories for damage control.

Just wish the players well when they leave and move on. Remember what they did for us while they were here.

Makes no sense. He plays for another team in the league, why do you want them to do well?

:puke:

Can't wait to see the Wild sign Langenbrunner next.

yea ....maybe zach will get all his friends signed there

Dude is texting and communicating all year with another player about trying to get on the same team together the next season while he is the captain???

Dude is texting and communicating all year with another player about trying to get on the same team together the next season while he is the captain???

are they chatting or conspiring? :noclue:

The thing that gets me most is him saying these exact words after siging a 13-year deal with a new team, after going out of his way to lie to us for the last 12 months: "I'm a loyal person". I mean... are you fvcking kidding me with that? No Zach, you're a fraud, a phony. Take some of that $98 million and buy a fvcking dictionary douchebag.

The thing that gets me most is him saying these exact words after siging a 13-year deal with a new team, after going out of his way to lie to us for the last 12 months: "I'm a loyal person". I mean... are you fvcking kidding me with that? No Zach, you're a fraud, a phony. Take some of that $98 million and buy a fvcking dictionary douchebag.

Hahah! Seriously, what he did was the opposite of loyal. I'd have a lot more respect if he didn't go on and on about wanting to be a Devil and wanting to win. He could have just said "looking forward to the FA process" or something along those lines. But to find out he was waiting on his bestie to sign and had them take matching deals points to the fact we were nothing but second choice (if not third or fourth) for him. It all sounds a little immature to me. I don't understand how you can get so close to hoisting a cup as a CAPTAIN of a team and spew BS about wanting to win and then do this. Either ZP is as phony as they come or he's delusional/so full of himself he thinks he&Suter automatically equals cup run for the Wild

Edited by LA03

I fully expect this. They have just under 2 mil of cap space and plenty of time to make a trade before the season starts.

fvck him ! Seriously fvck ZACH parise! He can say what he want (i want to stay wit the Devils etc... he isa gone ! Why to be with stupid friends and to be with the Wild ! he lied he says he want to work things out with New Jersey, we give him a competitive contract and he goes elsewhere! J>ust fvck him go with the wild. You and Suter Will never win the cup. I'l remember you as a good player but as a liar first! fvck you you dont deserve Kovalchuk contract cause you dont have his number... bring your stupid smile to minnessota because that all you can bring to them !

I swear Lou will invite you in the parking lot when we will win lord stanley!

Seriously i have no more respect for parise! (You are the next scott gomez)

Haha they even took the wallpaper of him off the website...

and Boulton and Sykora are still on the roster page lol

Definition of loyalty = conspiring an exit strategy with a player on another team while you're still employed and treated handsomely by your current team.

Definition of loyalty = conspiring an exit strategy with a player on another team while you're still employed and treated handsomely by your current team.

This post sums up the entire episode

Can we all agree that they should take a run at Semin now? At least he's proven he can be effective against the Rangers, unlike Parise seems to ever be.

Hahaha perfection

Can we all agree that they should take a run at Semin now? At least he's proven he can be effective against the Rangers, unlike Parise seems to ever be.

one of my friends from Northern VA who goes to a lot of Caps games said that Semin is criticized a lot in Washington for not showing up in the playoffs :(

I agree. This whole texting Suter over the course of the year nonsense makes it even worse. Parise was only coming back to the Devils if he couldn't get all the money from the Wild and Suter together but he ended up getting what he wanted.

I have 0 respect for Parise. He turned out to be a complete whining chump.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I agree. This whole texting Suter over the course of the year nonsense makes it even worse. Parise was only coming back to the Devils if he couldn't get all the money from the Wild and Suter together but he ended up getting what he wanted.

I have 0 respect for Parise. He turned out to be a complete whining chump.

:cheers: well said

one of my friends from Northern VA who goes to a lot of Caps games said that Semin is criticized a lot in Washington for not showing up in the playoffs :(

You sure he wasn't talking about the whole team? Semin actually played really well this past playoffs. I think for the first time, Hunter had him playing more defensive and it worked nicely for him for the most part, why not come on over to jersey and keep it going? i mean kovy bought in, why not him too?