Devils party it up

mrthemike

It had to be said, I think the "we weren't even supposed to be here" or "this season is already a win" mentalities are getting to everyone's head. Sure it's a decent way to look at this but when you're two games away from being the best in the sport, then you roll over and your first reaction is to hit the clubs?

Yeah I know, how dare they not sit in their hotel rooms and cry all night. They obviously don't care about winning at all. Please.

Yeah I know, how dare they not sit in their hotel rooms and cry all night. They obviously don't care about winning at all. Please.

This thread is getting stupid now. Honestly, it is over. They decided to go out for some bonding time after the season was over, I am over it.

I have the pictures in my email.

Enlighten me. I am no IT guru...and I don't spend my life on a message board.

Tell me how to post them and I will.

You'll have to save them to your computer and upload them in a gallery here (not sure if that's been turned off to save bandwidth at the moment) or upload it to something like Photobucket.

I think the feeling of losing the Cup two seconds after the final buzzer sounds would be worse than anything they could experience sitting around sulking.

It all revolves around that moment. Even the winning team loses the moment after awhile.

It had to be said, I think the "we weren't even supposed to be here" or "this season is already a win" mentalities are getting to everyone's head. Sure it's a decent way to look at this but when you're two games away from being the best in the sport, then you roll over and your first reaction is to hit the clubs?

What would you prefer? Locking themselves in dark rooms listening to The Cure and weeping ever so softly? They lost. They did their best and it's over. They spent one last night together before they come to Jersey to split up.

Who gives a sh!t that they went out and partied?? They deserve a night out, they are the ones broke their asses to make it to the finals.

Was a great run and looking forward to next season.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

When I was a kid I lost the championship series in little league. That night my mom brought me to Carvel. What's the difference?

Seriously, what a non-story this whole thing. TMZ is nothing but a bunch of a parasites trying to make things out of nothing and are always looking to paint people with a bad image whether they deserve it or not.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

Well at least the Devils had good sense to do something that the Kings weren't doing. I heard all the Kings players were lined up getting Rod Stewarted by Pierre McGuire.

Lol I knew this was Carp before looking up at the name. To add to the "thanks yous". I just wanna thank every poster on NJDevs and especially DM, MSweet and Rowdy for making all this possible. The success alone was sweet, but being able to share it with other die hard Devils fans was even sweeter. I'm gonna miss those chats where we would play GM after every loss and STILL complain after a win haha.

When I was a kid I lost the championship series in little league. That night my mom brought me to Carvel. What's the difference?

Damn! I wish we had a Carvel in lol.

When I was a kid we lost our playoff. We got orange slices and the I told this bully kid on my team to fvck off.

I hate TMZ. Help turning the country into a bunch of judgemental morons. Being a professional athlete is being able to get over a loss quick. Sure its a bigger lose but if these guys weren't able to do it (like Marty does so well) they wouldn't be where they got to begin with. I would love to be a reporter for them. My first day, id be like "What do i do"? and they'd be like "Film and stalk people you recognize on TV" and then i'd follow them all around and ask them demeaning questions like that high school smart ass we always wanted to punch in the face. My other beef with TMZ is they got rid of showing 2 old Simpson episodes to put them in. IT used to be one older good episode from the mid 90's era and then a newer crappy one. Now its just a new crappy one you saw two weeks before where Flanders takes homer to isreal.

Players lose, they go out afterwards. Otherwise they'd go nuts from the emotions. I heard Trent Dilfer say this in an interview. I remember him saying he'd go out in Tampa to a restaurant after one of his bomb games and have fans in the restaurant cursing him out (as a buc fan, i'd think the fans would have been used to the losses back then) all of this in front of his wife and kids. Of course that's a whole other problem for athletes.

In conclusion, screw TMZ.

Greene looks PISSED. Josefeson was like a little kid and Greene was yelling at him to get in the limo.

Bernier was hilarious, he took the camera guys question seriously.

The LA King organization, players, and fans deserved this championship but not the millions of others who are now "champions".

and yea TMZ is such a bullsh!t company.

the whole theory of people obsessing over the lives of other people to the extent that they watch pathetic reality tv shows and support the following of celebrities from people with cameras that say TMZ on them

i hate you TMZ, you pussies are turning the media of this country into a piece of sh!t and your only followers are pathetic teenagers

I don't have a problem with it at all. These guys have been going full throttle for the most part since late September. Add in all the ups and downs of a season, the travel, the injuries/illnesses, and wins and losses.

Going out one final night to have a drink with your teammates is not a big deal and they were stuck in LA as it is for the night until returning home. If this loss happened Saturday, there's a good chance all of them just leave and go home after the game. Many of these guys have families they have to get to as well and probably won't talk to most of the teammates until they return for camp, if they return at all.

Good chance some of these guys knew they might not be back and wanted one last time together.

I used to watch TMZ a lot and most of the time the camera men are morons. I think they say things just to try to be funny

I don't have a problem with what they did. The Patriots when they lost the Super Bowl went out after and partied. I think Gronkowski ripped off his shirt at the party and one of the linemen was dancing foolishly

I like the fact that they went out as a TEAM because who knows if some of their teammates will ever be back.

not having to deal with paparazzi has to be such a great lure for free agents coming to nj. you have easy access to everything nyc offers, great place to raise a family, chance to compete for a cup, with the cap the pay is going to be market rate for the most part and on top of it all you have almost no media pressure. sounds like the ideal set up to me.

and yea TMZ is such a bullsh!t company.

the whole theory of people obsessing over the lives of other people to the extent that they watch pathetic reality tv shows and support the following of celebrities from people with cameras that say TMZ on them

i hate you TMZ, you pussies are turning the media of this country into a piece of sh!t and your only followers are pathetic teenagers

Newsflash:

Not a THEORY...

REALITY.

Turn on the television...

not having to deal with paparazzi has to be such a great lure for free agents coming to nj. you have easy access to everything nyc offers, great place to raise a family, chance to compete for a cup, with the cap the pay is going to be market rate for the most part and on top of it all you have almost no media pressure. sounds like the ideal set up to me.

REALLY?!?!?!?

Where do you think in the NHL teams deal with paparazzi? Montreal? Ottawa? Calgary? Dallas? Tampa? DC? Vancouver? Nashville? Columbus?

COME ON MAN.

The level of ignorance and oblivion on this site is really, really surprising.

Is there anyone on here who has EVER left NJ?