Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainRafalski

Anybody Tired of the Kings as underdogs nonsense?

4 posts in this topic

It is similar to the Rangers and the way they were portrayed in the playoffs. Weren't they the number one seed? Oh yes, they were.

If anything the Kings barely made the playoffs because of their own play. The talent on that team doesn't justify an 8th seed at all. They remind me of the Florida Marlins when they won the WS both times. The Marlins were GOOD both years.

It is similar to the Rangers and the way they were portrayed in the playoffs. Weren't they the number one seed? Oh yes, they were.

If anything the Kings barely made the playoffs because of their own play. The talent on that team doesn't justify an 8th seed at all. They remind me of the Florida Marlins when they won the WS both times. The Marlins were GOOD both years.

Any team that wins the cup is good. They were an 8th seed and defeated the 1,2, and 3 seed to make the finals. It is actually very impressive. They played very well in the 2nd half.

It'd be like if the Devils managed to make the playoffs last year and went on to the cup. Of course they would be considered underdogs, even if they played great from January on.

An 8 seed winning it all is an interesting narrative for casual fans I guess.

The more interesting story to me though is seeing that the team changed dramatically post Sutter hire / Carter trade, and trying to figure out what exactly caused this to happen.

Terry Murray I think was just a terrible fit for that team, and Sutter was a great one.