Draft Party / Stick Sale?

cgosha21

The arena is already booked for an American Idol Audition. There will be thousands of people standing on line to sing horribly and maybe get on TV doing it. Where do you want them to hold the sale?

I will concede it is for the better that they do not have the equipment sale/draft party during terrible singing tryouts.

I am just worried like I have said before they will handle the equipment sale which they have said will occur on a later date like how they handled the open practice this year.

We will see.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will concede it is for the better that they do not have the equipment sale/draft party during terrible singing tryouts.

I am just worried like I have said before they will handle the equipment sale which they have said will occur on a later date like how they handled the open practice this year.

We will see.

Oh, I agree they still have a chance to botch it. I'm just saying I really can't blame them for not doing it this weekend. It would be awesome to tie it into the rookie camp or something, but I can't see them doing something like that.

Oh, I agree they still have a chance to botch it. I'm just saying I really can't blame them for not doing it this weekend. It would be awesome to tie it into the rookie camp or something, but I can't see them doing something like that.

Of course they wouldnt tie it into the rookie camp because that would be fun and interesting.

I can picture it now they announce it on a random Tuesday in August and it happens 2 days later on that Thursday during a time when most people work.

Of course they wouldnt tie it into the rookie camp because that would be fun and interesting.

I can picture it now they announce it on a random Tuesday in August and it happens 2 days later on that Thursday during a time when most people work.

I know that would suck for pretty much everybody, but I'm kinda hoping that's what happens for selfish reasons. I finally have a job that pays me enough where I'll actually be able to buy some cool stuff this year and my schedule is pretty flexible, so here's to hoping for it being during the afternoon on a weekday. That way it'll be easier to get some sticks from players I actually care about. Though seeing as we're almost the same height(I seriously doubt he's actually 5'9" like he's listed at), I may grab a Tedenby one, which shouldn't be too hard, lol.

The arena is already booked for an American Idol Audition. There will be thousands of people standing on line to sing horribly and maybe get on TV doing it. Where do you want them to hold the sale?

Isn't that on Saturday? The draft starts Friday...

It could have been held in Amerihealth Pavilion again like it was last year....

They could, but I'm pretty sure there were a lot of complaints about it being held there last year. People complained it was too small and that not enough people could get in.

Idol auditions are Thursday through Saturday, all day. No, you really couldn't hold a draft party at the same time, it would be too much of a circus.

It doesn't bother me at all that there's no Draft Party this year...the only reason I've gone to the Draft Party in the past was for the equipment sale, and as long as they have a sale later in the summer, I'm content.

So you're complaining about them not having the sale and draft party at a place that you would then complain is too small? It really doesn't sound like they can win here.

The AmeriHealth is not the ideal place to have it, but I would not complain about them having it there at all...

The AmeriHealth is not the ideal place to have it, but I would not complain about them having it there at all...

Someone already posted that the American idol thing is running thurs-Saturday. It makes no sense to try to squeeze a few thousand more people in and logistically speaking it probably isn't possible.

• 3 weeks later...

The highlight of last year's sale were the Alexi Yashin Starting Lineup figures.

If by last year's sale, you mean every year's sale.

I imagine somewhere in the bowels of the Prudential Center or a storage facility, there's boxes upon boxes of unsold, unopened, Starting Lineup Alexi Yashins. And at night, they come to life and party with the Jeremy-Roenick-in-the-Picasso-Coyotes-jerseys.