Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joonas #6

Devils sign Harri Pesonen

41 posts in this topic

In Lou We Trust has a very informative post on Pesonen here. I highly recommend reading it.

I found this tidbit from post interesting: "288 shots on net (that's 4.8 shots per game!) while averaging over 16 minutes a game."

Solid depth move, low risk - I love it.

He's no Ilkka Pikkarainen.

You're putting too much pressure on this kid comparing him to the likes of a NJ legend and the greatest Ilkka the NHL has ever known.

You're putting too much pressure on this kid comparing him to the likes of a NJ legend and the greatest Ilkka the NHL has ever known.

Don't even bring up Janne Ojanen.

I remember calling his only NHL goal. My friend and I were on the Parkway heading to Newark and I randomly said, "Ilkka with a goal tonight! It will be a weird one." If I remember correctly he shot it off the goalie, off the pipe, off the back of the goalie and in? I will always remember that one lol.

EDIT: FOUND IT

Oh what a weird goal it was :boogie:

Edited by Zubie#8

That's right, you just don't see people of that ilk very often...... He was a true legend. Lou really can Pik'em..... You just knew when he was on the ice it'd be rain'en goals.....

I kill me..... But really, that was very funny in my head.

Eh, he was ok, I guess. He was no Trent Hunter! Now, THERE was a Devils legend!

Eh, he was ok, I guess. He was no Trent Hunter! Now, THERE was a Devils legend!

Not a bad shift in his career here.

We've had so much success with Finnish players ;-)

guess we're due!

I hate to be that guy, but can we change the title of this thread to 'confirmed' or something?

I hate to be that guy, but can we change the title of this thread to 'confirmed' or something?

No you didn't!

Somewhere Ilkka Sinsalo read your post and just shed a tear. Kudos to you for making a Flyer cry.

Edited by hystyk28

Mr. Sinisalo would like to have a word with you.

I wonder what kind of major impact this signing will have on whether Parise re-signs with us.

*ahem*