Mayday

2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

433 posts in this topic

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Too early to worry about next years UFA crop? Devils have Clarkson, Zajac and Elias all scheduled for 2013 unrestricted free agency. Ouch.

Just about the only time the national media's want to talk about the Devils is to talk about how the Devils will lose all their free agents. :lol: It's amazing that a team that people didn't think was very good, also is chock full of amazing free agents to lose.

Just about the only time the national media's want to talk about the Devils is to talk about how the Devils will lose all their free agents. :lol: It's amazing that a team that people didn't think was very good, also is chock full of amazing free agents to lose.

Add to that the narrative the media creates that the players can't wait to leave.

I think the more I think Lou should try to get Semin at a reasonable price.

We're not going to get him for a reasonable price. He's the #1 offensive FA out there right now with a bunch of teams that got shut out of the Parise chase and more teams that will not be able to trade for Nash or Ryan. The market is disgusting right now, so market value is high with so many teams having boatloads of cap space.

If we want Semin, we will have to overpay.

The #Flyers have signed D Bruno Gervais (2 years, $825,000 avg per season) and F Ruslan Fedotenko (1 year, $1.75 M)

LeBrun

Low Risk, High Reward in my opinion. His two way play is better than Kovys. He can be protected by playing with Elias and Zubrus, that would be a good line.

Whoa:

@AGrossRecord: Ruslan Fedotenko signs with the Flyers. Neither side was expecting him to re-sign with #NYR. Good character player.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrunThe #Flyers have signed D Bruno Gervais (2 years, $825,000 avg per season) and F Ruslan Fedotenko (1 year, $1.75 M)

edit: sry GHDI ya beat me to it.

Haha damn I didn't read the second part of both you guys' posts. And now I'm the 3rd one to do so haha

Cool

@ToddCordell: Former Devil. RT @TBLightning: The Lightning have signed defenseman Matt Taormina to a one-year, two-way contract.

Always liked him.

@ToddCordell: Former Devil. RT @TBLightning: The Lightning have signed defenseman Matt Taormina to a one-year, two-way contract.

Always liked him.

If he had never gotten injured at the start of 10-11, he might be one of our starting D-men today.

Word is Semin has signed a 1 yr deal with Pittsburgh. Supposedly it was said on NHL radio or something.

Word is Semin has signed a 1 yr deal with Pittsburgh. Supposedly it was said on NHL radio or something.

Nothing on twitter about it at all

Been shot down already.

Haha, that would be crazy! Because of this Caps - Pens "rivalry".

This doesn't deserve it's own thread but Roberto is getting closer to being on the way out...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400063

In an interview with Vancouver's CFOX Morning Show on Friday, Luongo - in his first one-on-one since the end of the season - said that he enjoyed his time with the team and was resigned to the fact that it's time to move on.

"(And) I'm okay with that," Luongo told the radio station. "I had a great six years in Vancouver. I think it's a wonderful city, I really enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to bring a Stanley Cup there, which was probably my biggest regret. But it will be remembered for six great years."

I gotta think the Leafs are taking a very strong look at getting Luongo. It will be a mistake, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Sounds like a prelude to a trade for Nash, since someone will have to replace Dubinsky. Please Sather, include McDonough or MDZ in that deal.

Dubinsky wasn't and isn't a 4th line center.

Dubinsky wasn't and isn't a 4th line center.

Yes I know. However, they'll need A center if they trade Dubinsky. Second-line centers do not grow on trees.